Jets' Deal No Bargain

Smizzy

We do all we can to help the cause.:yahoo:

This draft is loaded with talent, you should easily be able to get a quality player with the 29.

No way we draft someone with half the defensive talent as Abe.You have got to be kidding me? The New York Jets screwed Abe and rightly so they got screwed back with the 29th pick.

No way we draft someone with half the defensive talent as Abe.You have got to be kidding me? The New York Jets screwed Abe and rightly so they got screwed back with the 29th pick.

Manny Lawson has great talent he has great speed, good strength and a bag of D moves.

Daryll Tapp too, he has great instincts and amazing strength.

Manny Lawson has great talent he has great speed, good strength and a bag of D moves.

Daryll Tapp too, he has great instincts and amazing strength.

Im on with board with that. Manny Lawson is a monster and Id love to grab him @ 29 but he won't last thant long.

...I concur...the Jets didnt uphold their word and deserve to be burned. They deserve that #29 pick instead of the #15 one the Broncos will be enjoying. I love Ellis but he to will disappear again this year along with D-Rob. Vilma, Barton, and Abe would have made a great LB tandem and playing DE at times....we are gonna miss Abe. Unless they get someone to truely fill his shoes our D will suffer because of it. We already don't have a decent O-Line and no QB....it's gonna be a long year. Im sure we'll do some things in the draft but if the guys we get don't catch on fast and make an impact immediately, we'll have another year like this year. I thought the Jets would have at least kept the D intact with a few switches within the DB core and they wouldn't need much work. That O is gonna need every prayer from God. It's gonna be an interesting year at best.

...I concur...the Jets didnt uphold their word and deserve to be burned. They deserve that #29 pick instead of the #15 one the Broncos will be enjoying. I love Ellis but he to will disappear again this year along with D-Rob. Vilma, Barton, and Abe would have made a great LB tandem and playing DE at times....we are gonna miss Abe. Unless they get someone to truely fill his shoes our D will suffer because of it. We already don't have a decent O-Line and no QB....it's gonna be a long year. Im sure we'll do some things in the draft but if the guys we get don't catch on fast and make an impact immediately, we'll have another year like this year. I thought the Jets would have at least kept the D intact with a few switches within the DB core and they wouldn't need much work. That O is gonna need every prayer from God. It's gonna be an interesting year at best.

Well here's the thing...Even if Abraham did get Bradway's word that he would give him a contract,Bradway isn't the GM anymore. Mike Tannenbaum and Eric Mangini owed Abraham two things: Jack and Squat. He didn't want to be here anymore,the Jets didn't want him here anymore,that was well known,and we still got a 1st round pick in a deep draft for him. We didn't get #15 because we didn't want to give up any midround picks to get the higher slot that the Broncos got. Finally,we were gonna suck this year with Abraham. We are rebuilding right now,and stockpiling draft picks is the how rebuilding works.

These media members are out to lunch. They are freaking lost.

The negative spin from these guys is amazing to me. These guys bent over backwards to kiss Herman Edwards fanny when he was here.

Now every single article, alot of these guys write is with a negative spin.

Instead of a headline with "The Jets trade John Abraham".... It's "The Jets Dump Abraham For Nothing".

I can only assume two things.

Either guys are holding a grudge or they are stupid.

The media often times creates the spin and the public goes with it.

The Jets did dump Abraham for nothing.Did i miss something? Most of the media hit it right square on the DUMB BRADWAY LIKE MOVE.

First off, They traded John Abraham for a first rounder.

It was the best offer on the market for John Abraham.

Where was the better offer? PLEASE TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!! I BEG YOU TO TELL ME!

How many players in The NFL get a first round pick in return?... Daunte Culpepper didn't.

Didnt we franchise tag Abe? To acquire him 2 first round picks were required where are they? The Jets promised Abe a payday like Ellis and Robertson 2 lesser players than Abe.He never got what he was promised by a very unfair organization.I am a lifelong Jets fan back to the Namath days.I am very pissed off that they did this deal only acquiring a 29th pick.Granted Abe did not want to be here BUT why only a 29th pick? You wait and see it will come out weeks or months later someone had to offer better like the few teams who signed defensive ends the Jets waitied and finally took whatever they could get for a 3 time pro bowl player and premier defensive end.

Maybe Serby can run down the list of all the big games the Jets have been in over the last 6 years, that Abe actually participated in. Against Green Bay in 2002? Colt's playoff win? That's the only one two I can think of. And I don't recall him doing anything earth shattering in either game. I don't blame Abe's absence for the loss in Pittsburgh two years ago. Hell, Bettis basically put on a one man show in that game, and we all know what Abe does against puny back's like Trung Canidate, what could he have acomplished against a load like Bettis? Abe weighs 256 Lbs and he plays DE. That tells you all you really need to know. Good riddance Abe YOU BELLY SCRATCHING LOLLY GAGGIN CHECK CASHIN' POS! AND TAKE YOUR HALF EMPTY BOTTLE OF OLD FAMOUS WITH YOU!:Cuss:

Didnt we franchise tag Abe? To acquire him 2 first round picks were required where are they? The Jets promised Abe a payday like Ellis and Robertson 2 lesser players than Abe.He never got what he was promised by a very unfair organization.I am a lifelong Jets fan back to the Namath days.I am very pissed off that they did this deal only acquiring a 29th pick.Granted Abe did not want to be here BUT why only a 29th pick? You wait and see it will come out weeks or months later someone had to offer better like the few teams who signed defensive ends the Jets waitied and finally took whatever they could get for a 3 time pro bowl player and premier defensive end.

That's fantasy land. There were no other teams offering higher picks.

NO TEAM WAS GOING TO SIGN ABRAHAM TO AN OFFER SHEET AND COUGH UP TWO FIRST ROUNDERS. That's why you franchise guys. To keep teams away.

The Jets took the best possible offer on the market for John Abraham. There were no better deals. They were steadfast on getting a 1st rounder for him and they did. End of story.

Very unfair organization???... The Jets did nothing but back up John Abraham. When this media buried him. The Jets management defended Abraham. When John was out partying and getting sick before playoff games, The Jets defended him. When John was making comments against the franchise, Not one bad word was said by Jets management. When John missed playoff games and made stupid comments like "I am worried about my free agency"... The Jets management defended him.

The Jets paid John Abraham the highest honor by franchising him twice. John was paid at the top 5 of his position.

The reason why, he never got a long term deal was questions about his durability. The reason that Mangini and Tannenbaum traded John was because of football reasons. John lacked the versatility to play the multiple schemes that The Jets will play next season and beyond. It's as simple as that.

I understood why The Jets franchised John Abraham and didn't give him a long term deal and I understood why John Abraham wanted a long term deal. I saw no error or flaw in either sides stance. They were both out to protect themselves.

You guys are living in dream land if you think that John Abraham was going to get The Jets a top 10 pick. Let's deal with the facts here.

Only two teams were willing to pay John Abraham his long term money and only two teams offered first round picks.

Jets got market value for John Abraham. End of story.

Archived