Dump Doug Jolley

PeterNorth09

Let's get rid of this bum. He can't block, can't catch. Cut his suck@$$ and draft Davis, Pope or Fasano. in late round 1 early round 2.

Why? He has a very low salary and is at least serviceable as the #2 TE. We should be fine if we re-sign Baker. I would like to see us draft another TE, but it isn't a day one pressing need.

Great idea since he's dirt cheap, we're $20M under the cap & don't need the $250K in cap relief we'd get by replacing him with even an undrafted rookie, we haven't seen him in much action here (unless you count the 1-2 passes per game that Herm allowed Bollinger to throw his way) and that we only have one other TE on the roster (Driessen) even if we got the chance to draft Pope at #29 or #35.

Did any of the Jolley haters go to traning camp last year? I did.... about 9 times. Now, I swear to you I'm telling the truth.... Jolley had the best hands on the ENTIRE team. He made every catch, made it looks easy, very soft, sure hands. He caught the ball effortlessly.

I can't explain what happened to him during the season, with the exception of the second game against Miami. Maybe he's only a good practice player.

Personally, I think he was under utilized, and can still make a mark with the Jets. Ellis didn't have a good year either, but the musical chairs QB situation didn't help Jolley much either. They never did use him as an H back, and what happened to the two TE sets? After preseason, they disappeared. Jolley is a recieving TE-H back, period. He's not a starting TE type on a run game oriented offense, like Edwards ran.

Let's see what Schotty light can do with him. Schotty had a lot of input on that SD offense, and Gates did pretty well.... not comparing Gates to Jolley, but maybe this OC will know how to use Jolley properly.

Baker is a better blocker, but doesn't possess Joley's downfield speed. I see a pretty big difference between the two.

They both aren't that good. Baker has like what, one good game in his career?

Jolley wont warrant over a million dollar SB like Baker would. Therefore I'd keep Jolley.

I think we draft a TE in rounds 3/4 myself (Scheffler or Klopfenstien)

Fasano WOULD be great pick.... he's easilly the best blocker of all the TE's coming out, and is the most rounded of all of them because of that. I also like these comparisons to Bavarro. H'ed be a great pick.

Looking at the "Patriot" model, their TE's really are more recieving threats then blockers in the running game. I think Mangini/Schott want a playmaking TE that can catch screens and line up occasionaly in the slot vs. a LB. JMO.

There is no difference between Jolley and Baker. I hope the people clamoring to sign Baker look at his career #'s in comparison to DJ's. They are both JAG's.

You want to go to war with absolute scrubs like Doug Jolley, Justin McCareins and Derrick Blaylock be my guest. You're throwing Patrick Ramsey to the wolves with those losers.

This new Jets regime has to be no-nonsense. If a guy sucks, don't wait a year to cut him. Cut him now and get better now/ Enough already with settiling for scrubs.

Baker is okay but he's coming off a broken leg and wasn't great to begin with. I want to bring him back but not as the starter.

Jolley is just terrible and I don't care that he doesn't make a lot of money and had crappy quarterbacks. The guy dropped alot of passes and missed a hell of a lot of blocks. I don't care what you say this guy sucks.

Jolley will cause us to lose at least 2 games next year. Watch.

Fasano WOULD be great pick.... he's easilly the best blocker of all the TE's coming out, and is the most rounded of all of them because of that. I also like these comparisons to Bavarro. H'ed be a great pick.

If we pass up on a stud TE like Fasano or Pope because we have Doug Jolley I don't know what is the point to being a Jets fan. This team will always suck by making stupid moves like that.

I agree with mccariens...man, seriously, some of the catches he missed last year were elementary. It looks like he completely lost all hand eye coordination. Coles made the tough catches last year when asked, he was thrown corner of the end zone fades that were difficult plays to make. Mccariens was wide ****ing open on deep routes where all he had to do was align the ball over his shoulder and snag it in...that is basic.

I say Jolley deserves another chance-hey he got in the doghouse with Herman Edwards man,a guy who is pretty much clueless when it comes to offensive side of the ball.On that I think we can all agree-when you gotta look over to your OC to ask if we should take a flag or not...well that speaks for itself.He's also a fast guy...Justin?we can do better

If it made financial sense, J-Mac would be gone by now. He is a solid 3rd receiver, unfortunately we paid him and trade to be a #2.

Jolley will be kept and if we do not re-sign Baker, Fasano would be a great addition. He's big, a great blocker and has great hands. Draft him and Stovall and take Quinn next season. I can dream, can't I? :)

Personally, I think he was under utilized, and can still make a mark with the Jets. Ellis didn't have a good year either, but the musical chairs QB situation didn't help Jolley much either. They never did use him as an H back, and what happened to the two TE sets? After preseason, they disappeared. Jolley is a recieving TE-H back, period. He's not a starting TE type on a run game oriented offense, like Edwards ran.

I'm quite sure the main reason Jolley didn't start last year was because he couldn't play the H-back role.He wasn't very good when going in motion and would fail to pick out his block when moving.It seems to be the classic Bradway move of trying to fit a square peg into a circular hole.

From the set position is where he works from best,but i agree I'd like to give him another chance.While he has the hands of Becht,he can get open and can pick up yards after the catch.If he could get rid of the drops he would be a pretty good player.

I'm quite sure the main reason Jolley didn't start last year was because he couldn't play the H-back role.He wasn't very good when going in motion and would fail to pick out his block when moving.It seems to be the classic Bradway move of trying to fit a square peg into a circular hole.

From the set position is where he works from best,but i agree I'd like to give him another chance.While he has the hands of Becht,he can get open and can pick up yards after the catch.If he could get rid of the drops he would be a pretty good player.

Please get your analogies straight. Bradway used to try to fit a square peg into a circular peg. He never even looked for the hole.

Did any of the Jolley haters go to traning camp last year? I did.... about 9 times. Now, I swear to you I'm telling the truth.... Jolley had the best hands on the ENTIRE team. He made every catch, made it looks easy, very soft, sure hands. He caught the ball effortlessly.

I can't explain what happened to him during the season, with the exception of the second game against Miami. Maybe he's only a good practice player.

Let's see what Schotty light can do with him. Schotty had a lot of input on that SD offense, and Gates did pretty well.... not comparing Gates to Jolley, but maybe this OC will know how to use Jolley properly.

Bad qb accuracy forced Jolley off the position to make a damn catch..... Most of them were unfortunately unsuccessful...

I know this will open up a whole new can of worms that the people that are convince that Jolley sucks, and will alwyas suck, but.... here goes:

The second Miami game showed what kind of offensive weapon Jolley CAN be. When was the last time a Jets TE went for over 100 yards reciving?

Once they finally opened up the playbook for Bolly, (we went what, 2-2?) Jolley showed how dangerous he can be when mismatched against the defense. Yeah, I know the DB fell, but I think Jolley's speed was part of the reason why.

Against certain teams and defensive schemes, I think he can repeat that kind of performance. It's all about mismatches.

In any case.... he's going nowhere, so we shall see.

I know this will open up a whole new can of worms that the people that are convince that Jolley sucks, and will alwyas suck, but.... here goes:

The second Miami game showed what kind of offensive weapon Jolley CAN be. When was the last time a Jets TE went for over 100 yards reciving?

Once they finally opened up the playbook for Bolly, (we went what, 2-2?) Jolley showed how dangerous he can be when mismatched against the defense. Yeah, I know the DB fell, but I think Jolley's speed was part of the reason why.

Against certain teams and defensive schemes, I think he can repeat that kind of performance. It's all about mismatches.

In any case.... he's going nowhere, so we shall see.

Jolley had 1 good game last year and now he's the tight end of the future. He looked terrrible the other 15 games and looking at his unimpressive stats with the Raiders I can't see why Bradway traded a Round 1 pick for this loser.

I'm sick and tired of the scrubs. The Bradway busts like Jolley, McCariens and Blaylock. Can we get guys on offense who can friggin get open and make plays? Do you guys really want to go back to the Herminator era of trying to win every game 10-7?

If we keep Jolley and pass up Pope or Fasano with #29 and #35 picks then we are screwing ourselves royally.

Archived