John Clayton just said . . .

raffyD

It's certainly an intelligent viewpoint by yourself from one side of the argument.

All The players, The Jets "lost" are players that they let go of. John Abraham, Ty Law, Kevin Mawae etc........ The Jets could have very easily kept all 3 if they wanted to. A team that was a reported 26 million under the cap, got way under the cap and had three significant players restructure their deals to stay here.

Everyone knew that The Jets were moving forward with a new organizational philosophy and that they were going to shape the team differently and approach the free agent market differently. Thus far, They've stuck to their guns and haven't deviated from their systematic approach.

The Jets have targeted stop gap and role players in free agency. They haven't looked for long term answers there. The long term is for the draft.

You are wrong on The Kimo Von Oelhoffen deal because he was targeted by 3 other teams including his former team. Seattle, Baltimore and Detroit all had visits scheduled with him. Tampa had also shown interest.

The only player, The Jets missed out on in free agency that they wanted was Jon Runyan and after reports that he took less money to stay with philly. There have been conflicting reports that he's making more money with The Eagles. It doesn't matter. The Jets lost out on Runyan. That's the only guy.

Everyone else was either above the market, The Jets were willing to pay or The Jets didn't make any offers. Jon Kitna is a guy who came in but was never made an offer. Jets weren't willing to pay him starter money, Detroit was. So I don't exactly see where The no thanks players are, if anything, The Jets have become the thanks but no thanks team towards players.

Both times in the trade market, The Jets got exactly what they wanted in The Abraham deal and gave up exactly what they wanted to, in The Ramsey deal.

As for the coaching staff, There were several key coaches retained and others let go. The majority of The Jets staff hirings were for assistant spots. The two main coordinators were shown the door. Westhoff was retained, Donnie was let go to elevate Sutton. For assistant or quality control coaches, You are not going to have bidding wars for those guys. The Richie Anderson/Bryan Cox/Rick Lyle hirings were as additions to the staff and not as high profile position coaches.

All in all, 7 assistants were retained by The Jets. Two in coordinator roles. The only prominent new assistant is offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer.

Very well said... nice to see a thoughtful response, to the sour grapes of a jilted Herm sycophant.

That's neither grammar or spelling. It's all about making you look bad, duh... I thought we established that already?

You're under the impression correcting my spelling errors makes me look bad?

To who? My 3rd grade teacher??

YJF;

Excellent post. That is it right there. How many assistant coaches are really involved in a bidding war anyway? Usually, a team shows an interest, and if the interview goes well, the assistant is hired.

As far as players go, we might have not signed everyone who visits, but that does not mean we lost out on them. I will bet that we did not make offers to half the guys who were here, and the offers to others, like Kitna, were for the orles we envisioned them in, i.e., a backup, or stop-gap starter.

I think, except for Runyan, we did OK so far.

Archived