Fresno State QB Jake Haener

AFJF

Tried to embed several vids with throws but not uploading properly. 

Jets won't be taking a QB early but if they're considering a mid round guy, Haener would be an excellent choice.  

Every week on the JN pod we throw out a few names of draft prospects we like and Haener was one of the names I mentioned in week 1 as somebody I'd be watching closely.  

Missed time in 2022 due to injury but finished with 20 TD's to 3 INT's with 72% comp pct.  Threw for 4,000 yds and 33/9 the previous year.

- Has plenty of arm strength.

- Throws through tight windows with very good anticipation

- Shows good pocket mobility

- Hangs in the pocket and makes throws under duress

- Leads and throws receivers open

- Understands when to use touch and when to let it rip

Edited by AFJF
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’m a huge fan of this kid. I feel like he could be a steal in the 4th.

That's where I think he'd be slotted right now, but who the hell knows what happens if he impressed in the pre-draft process?  I've seen a couple former players (can't remember who because it was months ago) rave about him earlier in the year.  First noticed him last season when I was watching some of those Fresno State receivers because they're a pretty solid bunch.

7 hours ago, AFJF said:

That's where I think he'd be slotted right now, but who the hell knows what happens if he impressed in the pre-draft process?  I've seen a couple former players (can't remember who because it was months ago) rave about him earlier in the year.  First noticed him last season when I was watching some of those Fresno State receivers because they're a pretty solid bunch.

It's funny how the draft works, especially with QBs....depending on which teams take QBs and when....this kid could go as high as 3rd round or low as 5th.

• Upvote 1

On 1/4/2023 at 5:40 PM, AFJF said:

Tried to embed several vids with throws but not uploading properly. 

Jets won't be taking a QB early but if they're considering a mid round guy, Haener would be an excellent choice.  

Every week on the JN pod we throw out a few names of draft prospects we like and Haener was one of the names I mentioned in week 1 as somebody I'd be watching closely.  

Missed time in 2022 due to injury but finished with 20 TD's to 3 INT's with 72% comp pct.  Threw for 4,000 yds and 33/9 the previous year.

- Has plenty of arm strength.

- Throws through tight windows with very good anticipation

- Shows good pocket mobility

- Hangs in the pocket and makes throws under duress

- Leads and throws receivers open

- Understands when to use touch and when to let it rip

frustrated the missing GIF by STARZ

I don't know much about him or many of the mid/late round QBs but I'm completely on board with taking one.  I like the idea of taking a QB in the middle of this draft, sitting them for a year, and then drafting one in the 1st in 2024.  The old "throw as much sh*t at the wall and hope something sticks" strategy.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Talking about the draft in the draft forum?

Using a mid/late round pick on a developmental QB?

Which one should be off limits?

Sorry about that.  I didn't mean it as a shot at you. 

I meant it as a joke about this franchise having to go through this crap again.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Sorry about that.  I didn't mean it as a shot at you. 

I meant it as a joke about this franchise having to go through this crap again.  

Nah man, I feel ya.  And I hate even discussing QB's again.  We all know how frustrating it is.  There's no way in hell I'll be discussing a QB in round 1 this year.  Really just a huge Haener fan and IF they were to take one I'd like him outside of the first.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/6/2023 at 11:08 AM, bonkertons said:

I don't know much about him or many of the mid/late round QBs but I'm completely on board with taking one.  I like the idea of taking a QB in the middle of this draft, sitting them for a year, and then drafting one in the 1st in 2024.  The old "throw as much sh*t at the wall and hope something sticks" strategy.  

It sure beats striking out in R1 twice.