Kiss Your Sideline Pass Goodbye?

BaumerJet

NFL | League cutting down on sideline traffic

Wed, 29 Mar 2006 05:38:37 -0800

Mike O'Hara, of the Detroit News, reports local television affiliates were removed from the sidelines under a policy adopted Tuesday, March 28, by the NFL owners. They no longer will be allowed on the sidelines during games, which prevents them from shooting footage to show on news and highlight shows.

Lets Just hope that GGG can at least get the press conferences this year!

Could this have anything to do with Sooth roaming the sidelines trying to sell "VIP" memberships to all of the players? It's gotta be that or Limo trying to hook up with all the linemen in the middle of the game.

Damn, just when I was getting close!

I know, good thing I just got a new Konica Manolta Z1. At least with a 40x zoom & being on the isle in 329, I can get the plays on the field as well as the sidelines!

And Bob, you're right - looks like they only want their own people photographing as well as interviewing on the field!

What's next, Getty Photos - the official Photographers of the NFL?

it was a matter of time and it's about money. There are a lot of photographers down there, and with all the technological improvements in equipment, this is no surprise. Also, big shots were posing as photographers to get on the field. Drew Carey was a "photographer" at last year's Jets/Dolphins game at the Meadowlands. But above all, they will sell those spots for a serious amount of cash and just keep NFL Films and a few pool photographers.

Hey serious question. Does this mean JI is losing their pass on game days?

The JI photographer Randy is one of the nicest people I have ever met. I wouldn't wish that on him (losing the passes). A die hard fan who seemed to be living a dream. That would blow for him.

Hey serious question. Does this mean JI is losing their pass on game days?

The JI photographer Randy is one of the nicest people I have ever met. I wouldn't wish that on him (losing the passes). A die hard fan who seemed to be living a dream. That would blow for him.

I think it does & I think Sooth might be just as pissed over this...

Well then......:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Alk, he's (SOOTH) already demanding we change our name to NJ JETS on his site, just because the article about the Florham Park Site pretty much closes the door on the fact that the stadium is a DONE DEAL.

We pay the 30 million in infrastructure & the state agrees to keep the PILOTS as they are.

Anyway you look at it kids, we're NJ bound for the next 99 years!

NFL | New local television sideline ban not finalized

Mon, 3 Apr 2006 05:28:33 -0700

John Consoli, of Mediaweek.com, reports the NFL says it has not finalized a policy that will ban local TV stations from shooting footage from the sidelines during games. The policy was developed last week at the NFL meetings, but more internal discussions within the league offices are scheduled for April 10. The Radio-Television News Directors Association has urged the league not to implement the policy citing First Amendment concerns. The NFL has said that the new policy would protect the broadcast rights holders and alleviate congestion from the sidelines.

Sorry, I ment repreave!

Archived