News from around the league

nycdan

4 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

It's boom or bust 100% but I guarantee Reich watched the combine and is thinking "I can mold this guy into the best" 

It wouldn't shock me if they run it back with Sam as the bridge. 

They started extension negotiations with Sam a week ago not sure if they got a deal done yet but I could see it… but after moving DJ Moore idk if I’d want to sign there yet without looking at other options if I was him. That offense has nobody now 

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

Like him or hate him the guy was always around the ball. Too bad the jets couldn’t have gotten him instead of Wilson.

I remember reading that the Jets wanted him leading up to the draft.  Of course the Pats picked ahead of us and took him.

EDIT:

They took him at #27.  We took Kyle Wilson at #29.  Then the Pats took Gronk at #42 overall.  Ugh!

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2010/draft.htm

image.png.8a1d3079dfe0587bbda1af8c8f8a5f2d.png

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That means there will be a Samchize QB available should the AR12 trade fall through!!!  :)

Lol still likely he’ll re-sign there and compete for the job. I think we’re going to see a bunch of teams be more diligent in potentially sitting and developing their QBs this year if they don’t win the jobs outright. It’s smoke screen season, but don’t be surprised if Anthony Richardson winds up #1

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, football guy said:

Lol still likely he’ll re-sign there and compete for the job. I think we’re going to see a bunch of teams be more diligent in potentially sitting and developing their QBs this year if they don’t win the jobs outright. It’s smoke screen season, but don’t be surprised if Anthony Richardson winds up #1

This was my first thought when I heard about the trade.

Re-sign Darnold and take Richardson #1 where he sits for at least a 1/2 a season, if not the full season.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

I wouldn't be shocked if it was AR.  I feel like teams do get blown away by combine metrics.

And I wonder how much ZW's failure (and Mahomes sitting for a year in KC) would affect their thinking of sitting him for a year.

• Upvote 1