overall draft strength

Phillyjet

Looking at the prospects this year, seems like the draft overall is pretty weak.  Not as deep as prior year.  TEs go deep, but otherwise seems to kind of flame out by the 4th round.

QB's some depth, but lacking elite talent

WR's weaker than prior years (possible only 1, JSN, goes in the first round)

OT slightly less than average year, but has some depth.  Big drop-off beyond 3-4 of them.

C Deep but not elite, some projections here based on traits

RBs; average year.

Edge; below average year

DT: some good finds in the second round, but some may go higher than expected

S is bad

CB has some decent prospects (average year)

Just not that high on the draft overall.  The action is in the early rounds. That's probably one of the reasons the Jets want to hold on to their first round pick and moved up into the second.  May be a quality over quantity year. Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Phillyjet said:

Looking at the prospects this year, seems like the draft overall is pretty weak.  Not as deep as prior year.  TEs go deep, but otherwise seems to kind of flame out by the 4th round.

QB's some depth, but lacking elite talent

WR's weaker than prior years (possible only 1, JSN, goes in the first round)

OT slightly less than average year, but has some depth.  Big drop-off beyond 3-4 of them.

C Deep but not elite, some projections here based on traits

RBs; average year.

Edge; below average year

DT: some good finds in the second round, but some may go higher than expected

S is bad

CB has some decent prospects (average year)

Just not that high on the draft overall.  The action is in the early rounds. That's probably one of the reasons the Jets want to hold on to their first round pick and moved up into the second.  May be a quality over quantity year. Thoughts?

I actually think the best value in this Draft is round 2-3. We have no 3rd round pick, which I hope #13 can help us address.

I hope to have 4 picks in these 2 rounds to select Center, DL, OL and LB. 1st round BAP in the early-to-mid 20's.

• Upvote 1

On 4/11/2023 at 10:21 AM, 32EBoozer said:

I actually think the best value in this Draft is round 2-3. We have no 3rd round pick, which I hope #13 can help us address.

I hope to have 4 picks in these 2 rounds to select Center, DL, OL and LB. 1st round BAP in the early-to-mid 20's.

I'd love that but I'm not sure it happens if there's a Rodgers trade on Draft Day.  I think we lose a 2nd this year.

Most drafts the elite talent is gone by pick 5 , but on average an NFL roster is made up with about 20% udfa so there is always talent in every round  it’s also important to remember that developing the player is usually more important than handing the card in  

If you look at any first round the bust rate is about 50%, so Nobody knows anything lol. All you can do is play the probabilities and try to stay away from obvious red flags. 

The chances of even a third round pick being on the team that drafted them for a second contract is about 15%.  

This could be a rams draft for the Jets, not a lot in the first 3 rounds, then some wheeling and dealing in the later rounds to try to get depth and special teamers knowing that a few of them won’t even make the final 53