Captain Of JN

On 9/1/2023 at 9:38 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Prompt:  Write a nihilistic gameday post about the upcoming Jets Bills game

Response:  

In the vast, indifferent universe, as stars explode and black holes devour, here on this insignificant rock, two groups of grown men will collide over a leather ball in an event deemed as the "Jets vs. Bills game". Amid the cosmic dance of galaxies, for a fleeting moment that's barely a blip in the timeline of existence, fans will cheer, boo, and invest their emotions as if the outcome holds some profound meaning.

Sure, each tackle, pass, and touchdown might temporarily distract us from the cosmic void, from the existential realization that everything, in the end, is inconsequential. But does it really matter who wins or loses when we're all just stardust swirling in the void of time and space?

Gather around your screens, dear humans, drown your existential dread in beer and nachos, and pretend for a few hours that this spectacle has some grander purpose. Maybe, for a moment, the crushing weight of existence will feel a bit lighter as you immerse yourself in the triviality of the Jets and Bills.

In the grand scheme of the universe, it's all meaningless. But hey, at least there's halftime entertainment. Enjoy the game.

This post speaks to me more than any post written by a human.

I happily welcome our new AI overlords.

• Haha 1

On 8/30/2023 at 6:59 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is this the first time in over a decade that this might actually be a desirable position?

My vote is always for @Raideraholic but, if not him, then @kevinc855 feels like the obvious choice (for kicking JD into gear).

As long as it’s someone who supports our HOF starting qb, not a fan boy of his flunky lol. 

8 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

What in tarnation is going on! I ordered mustard with my pretzels! Where is the mustard! Get me my mustard or I’ll snap you like a pretzel!

For the record, I stole that gif from someone (though I forget who, or else I'd give them the credit).