I Was Wrong ...

KRL

23 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Hmmmmmm interesting key quotes from this interesting article is as follows:

"The Jets’ offensive line was playing horrendously even before two starters went out, and things only got worse after that. Wilson was ultimately pressured on 51% of his dropbacks, the highest rate of any quarterback in Week 8 outside of the Giants’ quarterbacks. The run game was non-existent, averaging 1.8 yards per carry outside of Wilson’s runs. The offensive line also committed four penalties.

New York’s weapons were similarly poor. The Jets’ receivers had a drop rate of 10.5% and caught 1-of-9 contested passes (11%). Receivers were not separating – on Wilson’s average pass attempt, the targeted receiver had 2.2 yards of separation from the nearest defender, the lowest mark of any QB in Week 8 (the league average is 3.4). Part of that is also because Nathaniel Hackett’s pass concepts rarely worked. Not to mention, the weather was a factor."

Just a thought..........

Wow statistics that actually back up what I was watching... Hmmm... Just food for thought... 

@GangGreened

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Hmmmmmm interesting key quotes from this interesting article is as follows:

"The Jets’ offensive line was playing horrendously even before two starters went out, and things only got worse after that. Wilson was ultimately pressured on 51% of his dropbacks, the highest rate of any quarterback in Week 8 outside of the Giants’ quarterbacks. The run game was non-existent, averaging 1.8 yards per carry outside of Wilson’s runs. The offensive line also committed four penalties.

New York’s weapons were similarly poor. The Jets’ receivers had a drop rate of 10.5% and caught 1-of-9 contested passes (11%). Receivers were not separating – on Wilson’s average pass attempt, the targeted receiver had 2.2 yards of separation from the nearest defender, the lowest mark of any QB in Week 8 (the league average is 3.4). Part of that is also because Nathaniel Hackett’s pass concepts rarely worked. Not to mention, the weather was a factor."

Just a thought..........

according to the official NFL stats Wilson has 2 drop passes and 8 bad throws.

Cmp Att Yds 1D 1D% IAY IAY/PA CAY CAY/Cmp CAY/PA YAC YAC/Cmp Drops
Drop% BadTh Bad%
      17 36 240  8   20.0 241         6.7 123       7.2           3.4      117       6.9          2        5.9%      8  23.5%     

15 minutes ago, doitny said:

i dont think he has a choice with this offense but to play pussyball. i think thats a main reason we are 4-3. 

look at the Eagles game where we finally went for it on 4th down , and we got stopped and gave them the ball at there own 40. they scored to put us down 14-3. that could have lost us the game. when we have a really good punter who has been pinning teams inside the 5 all year and got us 2 safeties because of it he should have punted.

i know you have all the confidence in the world in Zach. i dont, and neither does Saleh no matter what he says. otherwise we wouldnt be playing pussyball.

your right, we cant win a SB like this, but we werent winning one this year anyway. next year with Rodgers, Saleh wont be coaching conservative like this.

but we can make the playoffs like this, maybe. and i think thats more important to Saleh then being aggressive and losing out on the playoffs.

I am so sick of this stupid argument. If Saleh doesnt trust Zach, HE SHOULD NOT PLAY HIM AND PLAY SOMEONE HE TRUSTS!!!

Its an awful, stupid argument. You don't get it both ways, and its certainly not an excuse to play pussyball. If you dont' trust him, next man up.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I am so sick of this stupid argument. If Saleh doesnt trust Zach, HE SHOULD NOT PLAY HIM AND PLAY SOMEONE HE TRUSTS!!!

Its an awful, stupid argument. You don't get it both ways, and its certainly not an excuse to play pussyball. If you dont' trust him, next man up.

ok then, why is he playing pussyball then? cause he is just a pussy? 

you really beleive next year with Rodgers we will be playing the same way? 

they probably dont trust Boyle or Sieman either. 

26 minutes ago, doitny said:

ok then, why is he playing pussyball then? cause he is just a pussy? 

you really beleive next year with Rodgers we will be playing the same way? 

they probably dont trust Boyle or Sieman either. 

I think he is another in a long line of fake HC's who are DC's who want to win with their defense and not lose games. I think Rodgers would call what plays he wants, and make Saleh uncomfortable, but Rodgers would trump Saleh.

how can they not trust Boyle or Siemen?? all I hear on this board is any living QB above pop warner would have this team 6-1 right now including those two, thats how bad ZW is, why on earth would Saleh not trust those two????