I Was Wrong ...

KRL

9 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

So how would Aaron Rodgers do in this offense as currently constructed? He would get killed back there - that's how! Because of the status of our O-line we need a mobile QB back there. Rodgers is no longer mobile. Now he might compensate by throwing quick passes but I see Rodgers getting highly frustrated. Maybe by the time he comes back the Jets have figured some things out and have some stability back there. We can only hope!

i don't see it .. the OL is in shambles as I stated in July ... it needs another year or two of dedicated attention. Becton is the only happy development there so far.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

The mental gymnastics with this kid is crazy. I don’t know what I think anymore honestly. He looked like sh*t those whole game in my eyes. Then he throws a laser on the run to set up the game tying FG. The throw was a thing of beauty. Now days later everyone giving him a pass for what I thought my eyes saw. 

I’ve said it before, but I really hate his god given arm talent , becuase it’s there and it’s amazing, unfortunately that’s the only thing he’s got a QB needs that’s even remotely adequate 

It’s called gaslighting and the media heads shouldn’t be trusted. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, fullblast said:

I’ve never seen Zach stand in the pocket and deliver like this. It was a drop but the pocket work was immaculate here. He did this throughout the game on Sunday.

No running backwards like a high school QB, just stand and deliver.

He’s doing what he’s supposed to do. Do we give him a cookie? 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 9
  • Ugh 3
  • More Ugh 2

16 minutes ago, Same Old Jets said:

Let's roll @T0mShane, @Jetsfan80 and the rest of the family!  

Product main image

In less than a calendar year, the few weirdos defending Zach Wilson right now will claim you never “really” did so, and when you’re presented with the receipts of you beclowning yourselves for this dictionary definition of an all-time draft bust, you’ll claim that anyone citing data or stats in real time was just being negative. Ultimately, as with Darnold and Sanchez before him, you’ll come to realize that this buffoon org is going to sacrifice another coaching staff and another 3-5 years of your life on a garbage quarterback. The difference this time is that we knew Zach Wilson was garbage almost immediately, so you’ll have no retroactive excuse for your misguided and embarrassing optimism. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 7
  • Post of the Week 5
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Ghost said:

KRL, I was going off in the game day thread. You have these casual fans constantly blaming Wilson and they couldn’t be more wrong. 

He had zero running game and a sh*tty performance for an offensive line yet he’s still supposed to have “pocket presence.”

You’re aware that even “casual fans” have access to the other 28 games of Zach Wilson’s career, yes?

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, KRL said:

While Dan Orlovsky and Daniel Jeremiah were right, Zach Wilson played well
with what he was dealing with:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzB7OIixkGS/

When you re-watch the film, without emotion, it's stunning the amount
of breakdowns that were happening around Wilson all game:

- Three different centers and three different RG which made the front
of the pocket "leaky".  Multiple times Wilson stayed in the pocket,
picked out the correct receiver, tried to step into throws and couldn't

- There were multiple route mistakes by receivers.  On one blitz Wilson
threw correctly to Xavier Gipson but instead of him staying "hot" and
"sitting down" on his route he kept running which led to an incompletion.
Breece Hall caused an incompletion when he ran his man into a wide open
Garrett Wilson route down the sideline

- Multiple drops by Allen Lazard and a huge drop by Hall when he had
three steps on the LB and no one in front of him.  It could've been 
another 50+ yard TD

Then to execute a game tying drive after dealing with those issues was
impressive.  After the team reviewed the tape I would think Wilson has
earned a ton of respect in the locker room.  A total 180 from the NE
fiasco of last year   

My main issue with Zach in the giants game was he took sacks that he didn’t need to take, if he had played the way he did sans the needless sacks I would feel better about him, but I agree with many of your observations.

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, Ghost said:

KRL, I was going off in the game day thread. You have these casual fans constantly blaming Wilson and they couldn’t be more wrong. 

He had zero running game and a sh*tty performance for an offensive line yet he’s still supposed to have “pocket presence.”

Casual fans? What NFL front office do you work for?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2