Pats and Belichick parting ways?

LockeJET

1 minute ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

There’s revisionist and then there’s people like me who saw through the media facade for years.  Brady can make any coach look good he won a Super Bowl with empty suit Todd frickin Bowles

Arians won the Super Bowl. Speaking of which, can we beg him out of retirement? I can tell you Rodgers wouldn’t be playing defense or kicking around soccer balls in practice. 

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Arians won the Super Bowl. Speaking of which, can we beg him out of retirement? I can tell you Rodgers wouldn’t be playing defense or kicking around soccer balls in practice. 

Yes but Bowles was DC and Brady made the playoffs with Bowles as head coach following season

Arians isn’t going anywhere near Rodgers, Zach and Woody

29 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

He’s is before my time. What I would say about Walsh is that he revolutionized the offensive side of the ball. So he’s definitely a great offensive coach. More so than any defensive guy I’ve ever seen.

Great HCs I’ve seen are Bill Parcells, Mike Tomlin, John Harbaugh.

BB falls in that next tier to me.

BP never won a SB without BB.  And Bill Walsh "revolutionized the offensive side of the ball" with the guy who was the GOAT of his era, Joe Montana.

On 12/14/2023 at 3:02 PM, PFSIKH said:

Someone pointed that out in another thread.  Who were his QBs?

Alex Smith and Donovan McNabb.  Not exactly hot garbage.

Do you want to say one of the best offensive minds of this generation has a better eye for QB talent than Bill?  Totally agree.

You act like Andy one 183 games with Mac Jones.

I do not disagree with this.

The Patriots biggest problem is talent.  That goes without saying.  The issue of the past decade that is exposed more without Brady is the lack of roster building.  Bill's draft have always had hits and misses.  The Patriots always seemed to have a guy in the system ready to take over. 

Troy Brown became Deion Branch who became Wes Welker who became Julian Edelman.   Jacobi Meyers is not a slot guy, something the offense was based around for 20 years, but he developed a repour with Mac.  The let him walk and bring in Juju for the same money.  The Patriots had a steady stream of productive TEs throughout Bill's tenure.  Even with Gronk taking a beating, they never looked to develop a guy behind him.  They had to throw money at two to solve that issue.    It is the same with tackle or third down back.  I should be thankful they took a flyer on Zeke.  Otherwise, the run game and third down back would be in worse trouble.  

Bill is hiw own worse enemy.

This is a great post, and I think it points to a cognitive dissonance that BB suffers. I think he is convinced it's his system, the "Patriot Way" that was behind his wins, and at 70 something years old, he is simply too ornery and stubborn to change his mindset. Bellichick also wasn't always a total a$$hole (His quitting on the Jets the way he did was him actually trying NOT to be an a$$hole,  in His mind I think he thought just tearing off the bandaid and cutting ties was the best thing for both sides) , he was a tough, old school coach a LOT like Parcells and Shula, but his slide into becoming the most arrogant, dismissive person I have ever seen occurred while he was winning with Brady and it became the defining aspect of his personna.

I think he's still trying to prove that "His Way" was the reason for winning, and he can't deal with the fact that it was in fact stumbling into the GOAT in the 6th round that made that team what it was. 

And as the shine from the Patriots dynasty completely wears off, his style and the atmosphere it creates simply isn't a desirable place to work in for modern athletes.

20 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

There’s revisionist and then there’s people like me who saw through the media facade for years.  Brady can make any coach look good he won a Super Bowl with empty suit Todd frickin Bowles

The poster @nyjunc, who seems yo have disappeared , made this claim many years ago. Turns out he was right.

• Upvote 1

Damn, you guys completely lost me at Mike Tomlin.  Mike Tomlin, who is 3-9 vs. Belichick and just lost at home to BB's bottom feeder team.  When those two go up against each other, I don't think there's a single greater mismatch of coaching acumen in the league.  Just LOL at comparing a cheerleader HC to a guy with BB's defensive resume.  There's BB being overrated, and there's a total WTF opinion.

At the end of the day, as much as Brady made BB, winning with a HOFer is still a skill.  Shula never won one with Marino.  McCarthy couldn't get more than one out of Rodgers and Sean Peyton couldn't get more than one out of Brees.  Unless you believe Brady is not only better than everyone else, but 5x, 6x, 7x better.