JD & RS Bet It on All Rodgers

Ulrich

On 12/21/2023 at 4:59 PM, rangerous said:

And?  We fans were basically told by all of the talking heads and even some of the posters here that Zach was the only problem and that Rodgers would lead the team to the playoffs.  Impossible to say how that would’ve turned out had Rodgers not been injured.  But it has been shown, game after game, that there are more problems than just the qb and they got worse as the season went on.  They should’ve gotten better as teams are supposed to gel.  This is all on saleh.  Whatever this team was capable of was completely upended by salehs mismanagement.

The Defense (SALEH) was very good until they let go of the rope two weeks ago.  The special teams/kicking has been the best I have ever seen.  

Two problems.  Both JD

1. No viable back-up QB

2. Awful offensive line despite several years to build one.

JD is the obvious culprit. 

15 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

I wont disagree that he hasnt done a great job w/ the OL but I dont know that he was gambling, per say, on Becton and Brown.  They were both under contract and Brown played really well while injured for the entire season, so it was reasonable enough to think he'd recover and play well.  He did draft a LT prospect, he had Mitchel coming back healthy as depth and add more depth at T and had the luxury of w/ guys like Schweitzer and AVT moving to T if needed because they had very good depth on the interior; AVT, Tomlinson, McGovern, Tippman, Schweitzer - but sadly 3 ended up on IR.  Again, not great and maybe he should have upgraded from Becton/Brown but I think the unit they had and the depth they had w/ Rodgers, was more then fine.  We just never got to see it play out.  

Sure we did. It played out and got played 4 plays into the season. 

On 12/21/2023 at 4:49 PM, Ulrich said:

And his pairing with his lackey Hackett.

As ordered to by their air head bosses the Johnson brothers.

Yet Vegas approved as Jets were preseason SB favorites w odds similar to Buffalo, Cincy & Dallas. 

And let’s be honest we all were jacked up about it too.

4 offensive series in to the season that bet failed spectacularly.

Same bet in 2024. 

Honestly I thought Sam Darnold, Blair Thomas and Lam Jones were going to be superstars.  I thought the Brett Favre led Jets might win the SB after 11 games.  I thought when we hired JD we finally got a real football executive to turn the team around.

if we’re going to be honest, not only has this been a disappointing season, the team is boring and last weeks game against a division opponent was historically bad for a historically bad franchise.  Everyone is getting a free pass and a former Green Bay Packer great past 40 after 2 years of injuries and 1 year of not playing is going to solve everything is sounding like complete BS.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, THE BARON said:

The Defense (SALEH) was very good until they let go of the rope two weeks ago.  The special teams/kicking has been the best I have ever seen.  

Two problems.  Both JD

1. No viable back-up QB

2. Awful offensive line despite several years to build one.

JD is the obvious culprit. 

Douglas is partially to blame for not having a better back up.  But at the same time Zach is perfectly capable of good qb play.  He’s much better than last season. The biggest issue going into the season is not replacing Davis when he retired.  Davis was a guy who could take pressure off of gWilson.  As for the oline issues, this is on saleh.  He kept going with Tomlinson even though he was terrible last season and then didn’t set the positions.  He had guys playing all over.  And then becton got progressively worse.  The jets had enough oline talent in spite of the injuries to be at least average.  They didn’t come close and it’s mostly on saleh.