Michael Penix, Jr. is the Real Deal

Penix is better than Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, and every other QB in the 2024 NFL Draft. Yes, his injury history and age will guarantee that he is not the first QB taken, but that doesn't mean he won't be the best in this class.

1 hour ago, Jack Straw said:

Penix is better than Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, and every other QB in the 2024 NFL Draft. Yes, his injury history and age will guarantee that he is not the first QB taken, but that doesn't mean he won't be the best in this class.

He was threading needles and fitting some throws into perfect spots. He is a gamer and I hope he is able to stay healthy wherever he goes because he will be fun to watch.

It will be interesting to see teams with aging/injured QB's like the Jets pass on Penix or Daniels in order to fill a position of dire need like OL.  I understand the theory of building the OL for next year, but sheesh.  Tough call.

Apparently The Athletic wrote a very unflattering article about Penix.  I think they said he was ranked 92nd when under pressure.  He also has a hitch in his throwing motion and has had 2 major injuries already.

48 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Apparently The Athletic wrote a very unflattering article about Penix.  I think they said he was ranked 92nd when under pressure.  He also has a hitch in his throwing motion and has had 2 major injuries already.

The injuries are the biggest issue as they were very significant ones. Can he withstand the beating he is going to take in the league? Without those injuries he is a top 10 pick.