THE STREAK IS OVER!!!!!!!

16 hours ago, billo83 said:

For the tank crowd, I must say there's a very good chance JD would screw up the pick anyway

....and Belichick would screw up their pick even worse. Now I hope he stays in NE...he really needs to draft another Guard with his 3rd overall pick. Only Belichick

Us going 1-15 in our last 16 against them stops this narrative?
It stops the "haven't beaten the Patsies in X years" narrative.

We can't undo the 1-15 in one game. But you have to start beating them at some point. Let's start our own narrative. "Patsies haven't beaten the Jets since ...". Depending on what happens up there we could start our own run against them. See how the bandwagon fans like that.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Ding dong the witch is dead the wicked witch! We got the patriots losing streak off our backs. 

This is a Jets win appreciation thread. You miserable tank folks can go be mad about a Jets win where breece hall went off somewhere else. 

Let’s go Jets! Way to start 24 baby! ✈️✈️✈️

You are so weird. 

• Haha 2

....and Belichick would screw up their pick even worse. Now I hope he stays in NE...he really needs to draft another Guard with his 3rd overall pick. Only Belichick
Beli would trade down for multiple picks this year and next, and pick interior O linemen, safeties and DL while "controlling the draft".

How many of his first rounders have they actually signed to a second contract?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jamesr said:

We can't undo the 1-15 in one game. But you have to start beating them at some point. Let's start our own narrative. "Patsies haven't beaten the Jets since ...". Depending on what happens up there we could start our own run against them. See how the bandwagon fans like that.

I get the idea that "we have to start somewhere".  I just get sickened at the idea of Saleh celebrating this type of stuff the way he did.  We finally get one win against them and we're acting like it's some sort of major accomplishment.  The Pats stink this year anyway.

If all we accomplished this season is "we finally beat the Eagles and Pats", that's not exactly something to be thrilled about.  We're an NFL team.  We're supposed to win sometimes ("Any given Sunday").

• Sympathy 1

17 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Ding dong the witch is dead the wicked witch! We got the patriots losing streak off our backs. 

This is a Jets win appreciation thread. You miserable tank folks can go be mad about a Jets win where breece hall went off somewhere else. 

Let’s go Jets! Way to start 24 baby! ✈️✈️✈️

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You are so weird. 

@kevinc855 do you happen to own a BMW?

• Haha 2

I get the idea that "we have to start somewhere".  I just get sickened at the idea of Saleh celebrating this type of stuff the way he did.  We finally get one win against them and we're acting like it's some sort of major accomplishment.  The Pats stink this year anyway.
If all we accomplished this season is "we finally beat the Eagles and Pats", that's not exactly something to be thrilled about.  We're an NFL team.  We're supposed to win sometimes ("Any given Sunday").
It's a long off season. Guys need that feel good factor before they come in to clear out their lockers etc.

Kind of like the end of year Xmas party ... you know January is just around the corner and things will be just the same as they were, but you need to blow off a bit of steam and enjoy yourselves.

8 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Beli would trade down for multiple picks this year and next, and pick interior O linemen, safeties and DL while "controlling the draft".

How many of his first rounders have they actually signed to a second contract? emoji6.png

I hear ya. But one big knock on Beli is his drafting. His team is almost void of talent. I guess taking one player near the bottom of each round can do that.

I've often thought about trading 1st round pick every year for multiple 2nd & 3rd round picks. More darts.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, jamesr said:

It's a long off season. Guys need that feel good factor before they come in to clear out their lockers etc.

Kind of like the end of year Xmas party ... you know January is just around the corner and things will be just the same as they were, but you need to blow off a bit of steam and enjoy yourselves.

LMAO!  These guys are not office workers.  

I hear ya. But one big knock on Beli is his drafting. His team is almost void of talent. I guess taking one player near the bottom of each round can do that.
I've often thought about trading 1st round pick every year for multiple 2nd & 3rd round picks. More darts.
It has its merits - if you know what you're doing.

Packers have picked up a nice WR / TE room with largely second and third round guys. Baltimore didn't fall apart when Andrews went down thanks to a third round TE draft pick. And so on.

But as much as you need to draft well, the bit I think we don't do is the development piece. Turning those draft picks into quality contributors. We've been better of late, I think, but for a long stretch we had no "next man up" continuity.

• Upvote 1

LMAO!  These guys are not office workers.  
They're still human. Leaving on a high note is better than leaving on a miserable loss. In my opinion.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, jamesr said:

The last relevant victory over the Pats was in 2010 when we beat them in the playoffs on their turf.  That was a meaningful game with actual juice.  

The Pats have already moved on from BB.  They are in rebuild mode.  The Jets were in running it back no matter what mode.  These were two bad teams going nowhere.  It was an exhibition between two bad teams with absolutely nothing on the line. 

Both teams will be different next year.  There is no carry over.  In division games are really important because they have greater impact on playoffs than other games.  That wasn't the case yesterday for either team.  The Jets didn't even play spoilers for the Pats.  They gave them a slighly better draft pick to start their rebuild with.  

• Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, jamesr said:

But as much as you need to draft well, the bit I think we don't do is the development piece. Turning those draft picks into quality contributors. We've been better of late, I think, but for a long stretch we had no "next man up" continuity.

Seems like we're doing better developing players on Defense. A bunch of times this year a no-name stepped up from the PS and played great. I haven't seen this on Offense.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1