JetNation is at the Senior Bowl - Live Updates

4 hours ago, Lith said:

he was up and down during week in 1 v 1 drills, but he played well in the game in pass pro. tbh, i think this class of OTs are a bit overrated by DJ.. dont want to reach for 1 at 10.. let the board come to you and take bpa if you cant trade down.  afaic there are 2 OTs 2 WRs and 1 TE worth taking at 10  bring on the combine!!!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Since I made notes on this game you guys are going to be subjected to my random thoughts.

- First of all, if I am running this thing the first thing I ask is if you are going to actually play in this game or not.  If not Fu*k off and do not show up.   I am sick of 20 guys opting out and leaving a team with only 3 wrs and players being put at a disadvantage.

QBs: 

Stink fest overall.  Rattler and Nix were okay but they both just threw 3 yard check downs.

Pratt and Bradley, meh, okay did not do much.

Milton and Hartman were beyond horrific.  Both UDFA;s if you ask me.

Olines: 

Tough to judge this but pretty good oversll, some nice run blocking and not a lot of big time pass rushing.

RBs:

Emani Bailey from TCU was player of the game imo, got the ball a lot and produced, also prevented  picks 6.   Cody Schrader also pretty good but both these guys are lower end of roster players.  No wow RBs.

TEs:  Nothing much to report, TES ran tight end plays, short passing nothing stood out

WRS: We have talked about it but Walker was not good, McKonkey was good but QB sucked so he did not get the ball much.

Dline:  Fiske looks like a real player and the Jets as bad as this sounds could use a DT, he would be on my radar.  Pas rushers did not do much no one stood out.

LBs:  Some nice active LB play Gray and Sirmon looked good and made plays

Secondary:  Was surprising good, the one guy got two picks, nemaiah prithcard looked good tykee msith looked good.  Very good positioning by DBs and CBS in the game.

Punters were surprisingly awful this game, lots of short shanks FgS kickers some good some bad.

Ulbrich was decent, called timeouts when he should, kicked the FG at the end when he should.  This is important as he will be interim HC half way though next year after Saleh gets canned.

I was always confused as to why scouts would leave the Senior Bowl week on Thursday and Friday, but you really understand it the more you watch these All-Star deals. It’s mostly about the interviews and checking a few boxes on the list of things they thought they saw on film. From what you read, the week was mostly about the Oregon center, the Missouri three-tech, Roman Wilson, and Quinyon Mitchell. Brugler listed Tyler Guyton as his standout at tackle, even though Fuaga was mostly good up until the last couple of days. Fiske sounds like a perfect guy to put next to Quinnen, but he may have jumped into the second round convo. It’s kinda sad that the QBs are this underwhelming considering they all got the extra COVID redshirt year to work on their craft. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Ulbrich was decent, called timeouts when he should, kicked the FG at the end when he should.  This is important as he will be interim HC half way though next year after Saleh gets canned.

Coach Ulbrich.  100% Win rate

Coach Middleton. 100% Win rate

Coach Saleh.  35% Win rate

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, JetsFlyer said:

, i think this class of OTs are a bit overrated by DJ.. dont want to reach for 1 at 10.. let the board come to you and take bpa if you cant trade down.  afaic there are 2 OTs 2 WRs and 1 TE worth taking at 10  bring on the combine!!!

Yup.  I hate the idea of going into the draft knowing we are likely to take an OT.  There will be some great receivers on the board at 10, who might be better players and we have just as much of a need there.  And if we really are so "all in" on taking an OT, then you can just see someone trading up to 9 and stealing Alt/Fashanu/Fuaga or whomever.  

• Upvote 2