My totally pulled out of my butt odds for who the Jets draft at #10

2 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Just made up out of nowhere for discussion purposes only - please no wagering

Odds Player Comment
3 -1 Brock Bowers TE Georgia Will probably be there and fills a need - makes sense
5 -1 Rome Odunze WR Washington Might be gone, but if he's there, be hard to pass up
11 -1 Taliese Fuaga OT Oregon State If all the WRs, Alt, and Bowers are gone?
14 -1 Troy Fautanau OT Washington " " 
16 -1 Olumuyiwa Fashanu OT Penn State  " "
18 -1 Amarius Mims OT Georgia " "
19 -1 Brian Thomas WR LSU Late riser who some have mocked to the Jets
20 -1 Joe Alt OT Notre Dame Almost certainly will be gone
24 -1 JJ McCarthy QB Michigan IF he slips to #10, who knows? Unlikely, of course
27 -1 Jared Verse Edge Florida State IF the 1st 9 picks are offense and he's sitting there...? 

Not sure about exact odds but tis is my order of 'likelihood'. 

-Fashanu: Shoe-in. Fashanu is a pure LT and was considered a lock to be a top 10, potentially a top 5 pick just a few months ago. But whether it was due to the rise of other prospects or some cracks in his player profile, he slid and now most prognosticators have him available at 10. The Jets, despite signing Smith, have no future Franchise LT. Smith is only signed to a 1yr deal and has struggled with injuries. A pure LT is the type of position you address this early in the draft and Fashanu excels in pass pro, which suggests he could step in if nec. to adequately protect ARod . As a selection for immediate help AND for the future, this makes a lot of sense for the Jets. 

-Brock Bowers: Very likely. Brock Bowers should be there at 10. He would give the Jets a much needed immediate boost on offense. He is a dynamic playmaker and talent worthy of a top 10 pick, IMO. What makes this not a 'very' likely pick is simply the current depth the Jets already have at TE with Conk, Ruckert, Yaboah and Kuntz - who they should be looking to develop. 

-Fuaga: Likely. There's a good chance the Jets are locked into taking an o-lineman and really like Fuaga and his fantastic run blocking ability. Even though he is a RT, he has a great ceiling and the Jets were linked to him early in the scouting process. I would not be surprised if they took him even with Bowers and Fashanu still on the board. However, those tow guys are better prospects, IMO.   

-Fautanu: Likely. A lot of what I said about Fuaga applies to Fautanu. If the Jets are locked into o-lineman at 10, this may be their guy. He's versatile, athletic, has a good ceiling. 

-Odunze: Unlikely. He simply will not be there for the Jets. Thats the only reason. I have Odunze going 6th overall to the Giants. I think he doesn't fall past the Bears at 9.  

-Mims/B.Thomas: Unlikely. With all the other prospects who will almost certainly be there for the Jets. These two are simply not likely to be the picks. If they do end up being the selections, JD must have really done a great job at hiding his love for one of these prospects. 

-Alt: Highly unlikely. Borderline not happening. The only scenario I can see this happening is if the Jets trade up ahead of Tenn. I just don't see Tenn passing on this guy. And I don't see the Jets moving all the way up to 6 or 5.

-JJ/Verse: Not happening. The Jets are simply not taking a defensive player or the 4th ranked QB at 10. Not this year. Its just not happening. Forget this is even an option. Zero chance.