So New York is a Mets town you say?

AFJF

tick tick tick,,

someone is sweatin bullets

My bad, did I go and site facts in a debate again. Sometimes I forget how quickly that scares you off. Okay, I'll take the bait and play along....why in the world would I be sweating about the Mets playing well? I don't know how much of this forum you read or what percentage of the posts you look at but I've said on more than one occassion that I would like to see the Mets do well this season. They have exciting young players, are well run by Minaya and the man calling the shots on a day to day basis is one of the greatest players to wear Yankee pinstripes in my lifetime. Wilie Randolph got the game winning hit at my first ever Yankee game in 87 and I've hoped for nothing but the best for him ever since. Bringing in a guy with Yankee baseball in his blood was the best thing the Mets could have done for themselves.

Just because they don't have anywhere near the number of fans the Yankees have doesn't really mean anything to me. I know that New York is a Yankee town and no opinion you throw out there or try to slant is going to change the facts. The Yankees draw bigger crowds and come out on top in polls. Now these are facts. They're not an opinion of a biased fan with a "feel" for who owns New York. Facts my friend. Facts, and only facts show that I am right and you are wrong.

Now go ahead and do that thing you do. You know, when you get schooled in a debate and reply with nothing that applies to the topic at hand becuase you know very well there is no factual information to back up your claims. You bring so much to this board. It's so much better than it was last season when you were nowhere to be found. C'mon, lets hear another classic comeback, and try to throw in something that pertain to the discussion.

tick tick tick,,

someone is sweatin bullets

My bad, did I go and site facts in a debate again. Sometimes I forget how quickly that scares you off. Okay, I'll take the bait and play along....why in the world would I be sweating about the Mets playing well? I don't know how much of this forum you read or what percentage of the posts you look at but I've said on more than one occassion that I would like to see the Mets do well this season. They have exciting young players, are well run by Minaya and the man calling the shots on a day to day basis is one of the greatest players to wear Yankee pinstripes in my lifetime. Wilie Randolph got the game winning hit at my first ever Yankee game in 87 and I've hoped for nothing but the best for him ever since. Bringing in a guy with Yankee baseball in his blood was the best thing the Mets could have done for themselves.

Just because they don't have anywhere near the number of fans the Yankees have doesn't really mean anything to me. I know that New York is a Yankee town and no opinion you throw out there or try to slant is going to change the facts. The Yankees draw bigger crowds and come out on top in polls. Now these are facts. They're not an opinion of a biased fan with a "feel" for who owns New York. Facts my friend. Facts, and only facts show that I am right and you are wrong.

Now go ahead and do that thing you do. You know, when you get schooled in a debate and reply with nothing that applies to the topic at hand becuase you know very well there is no factual information to back up your claims. You bring so much to this board. It's so much better than it was last season when you were nowhere to be found. C'mon, lets hear another classic comeback, and try to throw in something that pertain to the discussion.

you certainly did, men fans prefer mets to yanks 43-41,,

thanks again for that argument closing data,,u r spot on,,

tick tick tick

I state em, you spin em...typical politician...you running for office anytime soon Southern?

you certainly did, men fans prefer mets to yanks 43-41,,

thanks again for that argument closing data,,u r spot on,,

tick tick tick

I state em, you spin em...typical politician...you running for office anytime soon Southern?

well 43-41 seems like a winner,,,

43-41 mets,,while the yanks are in a winning cycle,,haha,,

again, thanks for that great article ,,it was enlightening,,,good research job,,,

well 43-41 seems like a winner,,,

43-41 mets,,while the yanks are in a winning cycle,,haha,,

again, thanks for that great article ,,it was enlightening,,,good research job,,,

SJ dont even bother..

first of all this "poll" is probably tremendously flawed. They probably sent out the bulk of their surveys to rich, registered voters on the upper west side of manhattan where the most yankee fans are. I doubt the sent a lot to queens and brooklyn.

most yank fans are in Rikers or pushing fruit in the Bronx. :eek:

SJ dont even bother..

first of all this "poll" is probably tremendously flawed. They probably sent out the bulk of their surveys to rich, registered voters on the upper west side of manhattan where the most yankee fans are. I doubt the sent a lot to queens and brooklyn.

most yank fans are in Rikers or pushing fruit in the Bronx. :eek:

SJ dont even bother..

C'mon now man, be honest here...do you think the rich fans are going to flock to pretty little tennis town flushing, or the Bronx?

I already had this discussion with Southern and the one time in my life I went to a met game, I heard more stock market talk than baseball talk. Which makes me wonder...do they still do the stock market report during mets games? I know they did when I was a kid living in New York, always told mets fans what the Dow Jones was up to during the game. Never heard that on a Yankee game....Just Rizzuto talkin' about canolis and beating the traffic over the bridge.

SJ dont even bother..

C'mon now man, be honest here...do you think the rich fans are going to flock to pretty little tennis town flushing, or the Bronx?

I already had this discussion with Southern and the one time in my life I went to a met game, I heard more stock market talk than baseball talk. Which makes me wonder...do they still do the stock market report during mets games? I know they did when I was a kid living in New York, always told mets fans what the Dow Jones was up to during the game. Never heard that on a Yankee game....Just Rizzuto talkin' about canolis and beating the traffic over the bridge.

I used to go to City College NewYork up on 145th and convent, on the D train.

When baseball season started I would see a ton of yankee fans taking the train up there for day games... It was easy as hell to point out which ones they were, and trust me, it was not because of the team apparell they were wearing.

When baseball season started I would see a ton of yankee fans taking the train up there for day games... It was easy as hell to point out which ones they were, and trust me, it was not because of the team apparell they were wearing.

I took the D to the stadium every time I went to the games...I was the last stop, 205th st...and there weren't exactly a lot of suits and ties getting on and off at that stop

Fans come from every type of backround...no barriers....but as a whole, do you honestly think that more uptight rich people are going to go to the Bronx, or Shea? Honestly, because it's not like either one of us has the time to look at every single fan at every single game. Just from a lifestyle standpoint, most well to do people are going to flock to the cleaner, lower crime rate areas. Not just in baseball, but in life in general.

I took the D to the stadium every time I went to the games...I was the last stop, 205th st...and there weren't exactly a lot of suits and ties getting on and off at that stop

Fans come from every type of backround...no barriers....but as a whole, do you honestly think that more uptight rich people are going to go to the Bronx, or Shea? Honestly, because it's not like either one of us has the time to look at every single fan at every single game. Just from a lifestyle standpoint, most well to do people are going to flock to the cleaner, lower crime rate areas. Not just in baseball, but in life in general.

Archived