‘24 Blitzkrieg Jets Defense

The Jets are set up to generate pressure with 4 man fronts, and I anticipate that's exactly what they will do.  It's what Saleh and Ulbrich have been doing for years.  They don't blitz often.

Heavy rotation on the DL to keep guys fresh throughout the game and especially in the 4th quarter.  A package including Johnson, Quennen, Reddick, and McDonald (assuming he takes the next step in his game) on obvious passing downs is going to be difficult to stop.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

It's simply a military doctrine that can/has overlapped into general use.  None the less I'm able to sympathize with your point.  Peace! 

Its just rudimentary Combined Arms doctrine, and the only thing "Blitz" about "Blitzkrieg" was the wider spread use of mechanized infantry and light tanks (Ze Germans were STILL largely using horse drawn equipment and transports until 1945) and coordination between Armor, infantry and Airpower against a bunch of stagnant militaries that were trained and prepared for static warfare like their last fight.  It was a propaganda term, and never worked again after 1941 for them, unless you consider Kasserine (but Kasserine was a sh*tshow for US forces in their first fight in Africa- a massive leadership failure).  Bulge was a concentrated salient (Schwerpunkt) against a thinly spread force in a desperate push for Antwerp (that ultimately doomed them).

And last I checked, the Jets are not trying to take Poland and France. LOL

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Its just rudimentary Combined Arms doctrine, and the only thing "Blitz" about "Blitzkrieg" was the wider spread use of mechanized infantry and light tanks (Ze Germans were STILL largely using horse drawn equipment and transports until 1945) and coordination between Armor, infantry and Airpower against a bunch of stagnant militaries that were trained and prepared for static warfare like their last fight.  It was a propaganda term, and never worked again after 1941 for them, unless you consider Kasserine (but Kasserine was a sh*tshow for US forces in their first fight in Africa- a massive leadership failure).  Bulge was a concentrated salient (Schwerpunkt) against a thinly spread force in a desperate push for Antwerp (that ultimately doomed them).

And last I checked, the Jets are not trying to take Poland and France. LOL

Oh yeah? Well telling all that to Tommy & Dee Dee Ramone!

...or their ghosts, anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Oh yeah? Well telling all that to Tommy & Dee Dee Ramone!

...or their ghosts, anyway.

The Ramones WANTED the Jets to take Poland and France?? I would NOT be surprised...

• Haha 1

Since the offense will be vastly improved, the defense will not be on the field for as long. Therefore they will not be as tired and winded as they've been, particullarly late in the game. For that reason alone the Jets defense should be vastly improved without considering any other changes