What evidence is there that Saleh is the right man for Jets HC?

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

Fair, although the point was simply a HOF QB in the twilight of his career around late 90s/early 2000s, and Aikman was the first that sprung to mind.

Aikman is in the HOF because he played for phenomenal teams. His play wasn't anything to write home about. He shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as AR, lol.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Aikman is in the HOF because he played for phenomenal teams. His play wasn't anything to write home about. He shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as AR, lol.

Yet in order to say they shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence, it necessitates for you to mention them in the same sentence.

Eric Wareheim Mind Blown GIF by Tim and Eric

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

The only proven quantities they have on the unit during his tenure are one RB and one WR

18 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

To put this further, in order to compare Newsome to JD, Ozzy would have needed to draft Ryan Leaf and then trade a haul for a regressing Aikman rather than actually getting a ring.

I have little to no agreement with your lengthy post, but those Cowboys teams were driven by Aikman, Irvin, and Emmit. If you have that, you have a basis of operation. Doubt those ‘boys would’ve won those three Super Bowls, though, if Aikman ruptured his achilles on opening day of any of those seasons, or if they got to their 15th OL configuration in any of those years, but yeah. 

On 6/22/2024 at 1:07 PM, bicketybam said:

Laughable.  Aikman was one of the most accurate QBs you'll ever see.  He didn't put up flashy numbers but he was absolutely a HOF'er.

8 hours ago, slats said:

I have little to no agreement with your lengthy post, but those Cowboys teams were driven by Aikman, Irvin, and Emmit. If you have that, you have a basis of operation. Doubt those ‘boys would’ve won those three Super Bowls, though, if Aikman ruptured his achilles on opening day of any of those seasons, or if they got to their 15th OL configuration in any of those years, but yeah. 

Well of course you don't, considering it's disproving your largely baseless conjecture.

You also seemed to have missed the point that any totally laughable JD to Newsome comparison would only be more alike if Ozzy had drafted Leaf in 98 and then traded a haul for the Aikman of 00, not the early/mid-90s version you arbitrarily referenced.  Instead, Ozzy was too busy winning rings, within less time than JD has failed to even assemble a team that can get to .500.

Of course, even if Newsome had made those comparably poor moves, any comparison would still be giving JD too much credit, considering Ozzy got a HOF LT with his very first pick and JD instead got an out-of-shape bust at the position and has continually been scrambling to recover from that for years.  Although I guess you're now pretending the GM isn't responsible for assembling a continually garbage OL?  Curious indeed.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

Well of course you don't, considering it's disproving your largely baseless conjecture.

You also seemed to have missed the point that any totally laughable JD to Newsome comparison would only be more alike if Ozzy had drafted Leaf in 98 and then traded a haul for the Aikman of 00, not the early/mid-90s version you arbitrarily referenced.  Instead, Ozzy was too busy winning rings, within less time than JD has failed to even assemble a team that can get to .500.

Of course, even if Newsome had made those comparably poor moves, any comparison would still be giving JD too much credit, considering Ozzy got a HOF LT with his very first pick and JD instead got an out-of-shape bust at the position and has continually been scrambling to recover from that for years.  Although I guess you're now pretending the GM isn't responsible for assembling a continually garbage OL?  Curious indeed.

I think you leave out information and context to suit your conclusions and state your poorly conceived case, and I’m not interested in trying to convince you or argue otherwise. It’s not interesting to me or anyone else. 

But in relation to you judging him vs. the mythological perfect GM that lives in your mind, Ozzie didn’t have his first winning season until his sixth year running the Browns/Ravens. Joe Douglas just completed his fifth draft. We’ll see how it goes. 

On 6/20/2024 at 2:37 PM, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I ask you, what are those positive signs that Saleh has already shown that gives you confidence he is the right guy for the job?

Or why are you so convinced he doesn’t have what it takes to be a a good or better than good HC?

I will start with your 2nd question, as to why he doesn't have what it takes to be a good or better HC:

1. He lacks honesty when talking about the team.  He will never say that "we stink", or that the QB isn't doing the right things, or that our offensive line is playing subpar.  He will never call out the team, or groups.  He is a rah-rah guy, always saying things like: our guys played hard today, or the team has no quit.  There is no accountability.  If you don't call out your players, then they have no reason to take you seriously.

2. He never wants to fire any of his coordinators for doing a piss poor job.  Remember when the team got rid of our 1st offensive coordinator?  Saleh wanted no part of firing him, but he was pressured from JD and/or the owner, and he very reluctantly agreed to it.  No accountability to the players, or to his assistant coaches.

3.  The team always seems to have great practices, do you realize that?  He never says that the team lacked focus today, or that we need to do a better job, or anything negative.

As to why he gives me confidence:

1. The players seem to love playing for him.  (My view is that there is no accountability, so why wouldn't they love to play for him?  He never pushes them.)

2. He allows his assistant coaches to coach, and never tries to do everything himself.  He respects his guys, and because of this, he gives them a chance to flourish.  

To summarize, it is my view that this team can get to the playoffs with Saleh as head coach, in spite of his many flaws.  He has a solid D coordinator, and now a QB who is a leader, and coach on the field.  The players will follow him to the end of the earth, and therefore, you don't need Saleh to interfere, just go along for the ride, and hope that they all make him look good, while he is doing nothing, but being a "front man".

4 hours ago, slats said:

I think you leave out information and context to suit your conclusions and state your poorly conceived case, and I’m not interested in trying to convince you or argue otherwise. It’s not interesting to me or anyone else. 

But in relation to you judging him vs. the mythological perfect GM that lives in your mind, Ozzie didn’t have his first winning season until his sixth year running the Browns/Ravens. Joe Douglas just completed his fifth draft. We’ll see how it goes. 

Interesting accusation for someone omitting factual information entirety, while to yet make a cogent argument.

You are now even repeating statements that are simply false.  Newsome, who is a very real person that you brought up as the absurd point of comparison, had the Ravens to .500 in year 4 and a ring in year 5.  Douglas is on year 6 and still has been incapable of assembling a team capable of reaching the lofty heights of immortal greats like Maccagnan and Idzik.

At this point, JD's prowess as a GM is more comparable to Ozzy Osbourne's than Ozzie Newsome's.

• Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Interesting accusation for someone omitting factual information entirety, while to yet make a cogent argument.

You are now even repeating statements that are simply false.  Newsome, who is a very real person that you brought up as the absurd point of comparison, had the Ravens to .500 in year 4 and a ring in year 5.  Douglas is on year 6 and still has been incapable of assembling a team capable of reaching the lofty heights of immortal greats like Maccagnan and Idzik.

At this point, JD's prowess as a GM is more comparable to Ozzy Osbourne's than Ozzie Newsome's.

He held the same job for a year under a different title with Belichick on the Browns before they moved to Baltimore and changed their name and his title.