Jordan Love won’t practice without a new deal. Update: Packers Make Love Highest Paid QB

10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

This thread is funnier when you first wake up and think the entire title is: 

Jordan Love won’t practice without a new deal. Update: Packers Make Love

Developing story:  Packers Would do Anything for Love

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

these guys got me. i saw one person tweet about it then I did a search and found another saying the same thing and assumed it was true.

You weren't checking the box score and refreshing it every five seconds? Shame on you!

6 minutes ago, BradSmith16fan said:

How? Dude played half a year well and he demands new contract. I understand Jamaars situation, that's more fair.

Not Love’s fault the Packers drafted him round 1 only to keep Rodgers under center his first 3 seasons.

If GB wanted to see more of him before giving him an extension they could have made that happen.  As it was, Love demanded the extension a year later than when other QBs get their extensions on rookie deals these days.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I said what I said. I’m not going to debate nonsense.

I ask a question, you come back with a buzzword with no facts to back it up. Probably just so you can look tough to the other posters.

Edited by BradSmith16fan
Clarification on context of tough in later posts.

4 minutes ago, BradSmith16fan said:

I ask a question, you come back with a buzzword with no facts to back it up. Probably just so you can look tough to the other posters.

As important as it is to me to appear tough on the internet in order to impress strangers… maybe I just don’t want to talk about nonsense?

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not Love’s fault the Packers drafted him round 1 only to keep Rodgers under center his first 3 seasons.

If GB wanted to see more of him before giving him an extension they could have made that happen.  As it was, Love demanded the extension a year later than when other QBs get their extensions on rookie deals these days.

Fair point, maybe Packers tell him to wait until mid year and see how he does in the meantime? 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BradSmith16fan said:

Fair point, maybe Packers tell him to wait until mid year and see how he does in the meantime? 

Thats not how any of this works anymore.  QBs have their teams by the balls.  And why shouldn’t they?  The league has set everything up to where you need a top half QB to compete/contend and only like a dozen on the planet can play the position at a high level at any given time.  

Supply and demand means teams cater to the QB, not the other way around.  What incentive does Love have to wait and risk maybe getting a serious injury that costs him tens of millions?  

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

As important as it is to me to appear tough on the internet in order to impress strangers… maybe I just don’t want to talk about nonsense?

Jetsfan80 brought up a point I didn't think of (people have different ideas) and it made me think. You dismissed the idea as nonsense, which it's not, and then acted like you were well above it and snooted your nose down on it which is why I said you were trying to act like a tough guy (Everyone is tough including you, meant what media portrays as "tough" in that context). If you explained why then ok I would say fair point or disagree. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Thats not how any of this works anymore.  QBs have their teams by the balls.  And why shouldn’t they?  The league has set everything up to where you need a top half QB to compete/contend and only like a dozen on the planet can play the position at a high level at any given time.  

Supply and demand means teams cater to the QB, not the other way around.  What incentive does Love have to wait and risk maybe getting a serious injury that costs him tens of millions?  

Valid, only counterpoint for this I have is a shortened extension rather than 4 years. Say a 2 year deal extension added on after this year rather than 4. Then after this year and next year if he keeps it up, sign him to a megadeal for say 7-8 years? Understand it's not his fault, but this way he still get paid and Packers can still evaluate.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BradSmith16fan said:

Jetsfan80 brought up a point I didn't think of (people have different ideas) and it made me think. You dismissed the idea as nonsense, which it's not, and then acted like you were well above it and snooted your nose down on it which is why I said you were trying to act like a tough guy (Everyone is tough including you, meant what media portrays as "tough" in that context). If you explained why then ok I would say fair point or disagree. 

@Jetsfan80 is a sissy boy. 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, BradSmith16fan said:

Jetsfan80? Say no more. Definitely nonsense ;) 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BradSmith16fan said:

Valid, only counterpoint for this I have is a shortened extension rather than 4 years. Say a 2 year deal extension added on after this year rather than 4. Then after this year and next year if he keeps it up, sign him to a megadeal for say 7-8 years? Understand it's not his fault, but this way he still get paid and Packers can still evaluate.

Bruh.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hold Up Cooking GIF by Pudgy Penguins

2 years around 100 mil extension for half a year of decent play to see if he could keep it up sure is a stupid idea right? No. Fact is he had a very mediocre first half of the season. What if the league figures him out or he reverts back to that.

12 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The Nuclear winter is going to kill USD.

Unrestrained spending with no limits and the debt that comes with it will be more than enough. We already spend more on paying interest on debt than any other budget item. No nation retains the world reserve currency forever. The USD is on the downside of it's cycle.

Study bitcoin.

1 hour ago, BradSmith16fan said:

2 years around 100 mil extension for half a year of decent play to see if he could keep it up sure is a stupid idea right? No. Fact is he had a very mediocre first half of the season. What if the league figures him out or he reverts back to that.

I mean it's a great idea in the sense that it would be an amazing coup if GB was able to convince him to take it.

The reaction you are getting is because Love would never agree to it and it might even offend him enough to make a breakup inevitable after this season. It almost certainly would've triggered a hold out, also.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Unrestrained spending with no limits and the debt that comes with it will be more than enough. We already spend more on paying interest on debt than any other budget item. No nation retains the world reserve currency forever. The USD is on the downside of it's cycle.

Study bitcoin.

The debt isn't good. But it's also not as bad as it seems. It's not like if a family had that same debt-to-income ratio (it would go bankrupt). The US can just print more money, cause inflation, and devalue the debt in relative terms. That's why you sometimes see China threatening to sell a bunch of US debt but they never follow through. They hold so much it would take them a long time to sell a material amount of it and as soon as they started, we throw the turbo switch on the mint printing presses and grossly devalue the USD and thus the debt in real time from under China's feet until they cut it out. Now, it would be inflationary and depending on how much we do, it could even cause a global recession, or worse. But that's mutually assured economic destruction for you.

If the US wanted to it could even mint a special $35 trillion dollar coin and use it to pay off the debt. And no, that is not the plot of some movie. It is an actual proposal that has been kicking around for years. Some of the White House legal memos from the Obama Administration about it have even been released based on FOIA requests.

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

The debt isn't good. But it's also not as bad as it seems. It's not like if a family had that same debt-to-income ratio (it would go bankrupt). The US can just print more money, cause inflation, and devalue the debt in relative terms. That's why you sometimes see China threatening to sell a bunch of US debt but they never follow through. They hold so much it would take them a long time to sell a material amount of it and as soon as they started, we throw the turbo switch on the mint printing presses and grossly devalue the USD and thus the debt in real time from under China's feet. Now, it would be inflationary and depending on how much we do, it could even cause a global recession, or worse. But that's mutually assured economic destruction for you.

If the US wanted to it could even mint a special $35 trillion dollar coin and use it to pay off the debt. And yes, that is not the plot of some movie. It is an actual proposal that has been kicking around for years. Some of the White House legal memos from the Obama Administration about it have even been released based on FOIA requests.

study bitcoin.