Trade Reddick Tonight

1 hour ago, jgb said:

JD basically needs playoffs or he’s done here. Do you bet putting food on your kids’ tables on “ifs?”

JD is playing with fire. Definitely don't want to risk the children going hungry.

• Haha 1

Just now, bicketybam said:

JD is playing with fire. Definitely don't want to risk the children going hungry.

So again, it’s a factor of JD’s wealth and not whether it’s wise for the Jets.

Never caught someone twice in the same booby trap before.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Ugh 1

20 minutes ago, jgb said:

JD is stuck: make a deal now, wait him out (with an outrageous risk that an injury bends the Jets over a barrel), or sell for garage sale prices.

His only available upside is that Jets win (or lose by so much) that Reddick is irrelevant, then wait for him to (probably) saunter in by week 10, unneeded.

Lot of downside exposure for very minimal upside. 

I disagree.  The bad stuff is not getting worse.  It's done.  Ride it out.  F him.  How would an injury bend the Jets over a barrel.  That only happens if they give him more money.  

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

True.  Under that scenario is there another team that is now going to match what the Jets paid?  If so, why?

In this hypothetical, the Mystery Team X that’s ready to give Reddick his $20 mil simply has to wait Reddick and the Jets out. If Douglas wants to sit on Reddick’s $14 mil salary slot, he can do that, or he can just give up the ghost and move Reddick for one of those fake conditional pick deals that look like a win on its face—(a sixth in 2025 that jumps to a three if Reddick signs a multi-year deal with Team X). 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

I disagree.  The bad stuff is not getting worse.  It's done.  Ride it out.  F him.  How would an injury bend the Jets over a barrel.  That only happens if they give him more money.  

“F him” immediately screams “amateur” in the negotiation world. I respect you, know you’re a lawyer, but sorry just the way I see it. I think you’ve gotten too emotionally invested in this one.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:

It's amazing that this once in a lifetime, game changing defensive player was on a team that went from 10-1 to 11-6 and a blowout loss in the playoffs. How did this happen?? 

So… then JD is an idiot for trading for him? I mean really, where are you on this?

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

It's amazing that this once in a lifetime, game changing defensive player was on a team that went from 10-1 to 11-6 and a blowout loss in the playoffs. How did this happen?? 

Because the 52 other players on the roster quit on Sirianni and Matt Patricia?  You’re seriously going to blame the entire eagles collapse on Reddick?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

So again, it’s a factor of JD’s wealth and not whether it’s wise for the Jets.

Never caught someone twice in the same booby trap before.

You were the one that said it, Chief. You are saying that Reddick has leverage because JD can't risk his job 😅

If you tell me JD traded for Rodgers in order to save his job, I'd agree. But Reddick? He's not Reggie ******* White. You must clearly think this guy is a game changing player, the difference between W's and L's. Why the Eagles folded down the stretch and got roasted in their playoff game is beyond me. 

Just now, bicketybam said:

You were the one that said it, Chief. You are saying that Reddick has leverage because JD can't risk his job 😅

If you tell me JD traded for Rodgers in order to save his job, I'd agree. But Reddick? He's not Reggie ******* White. You must clearly think this guy is a game changing player, the difference between W's and L's. Why the Eagles folded down the stretch and got roasted in their playoff game is beyond me. 

So it’s one of two things:

-Reddick doesn’t move the needle, so then why did JD trade for him?

OR

-Reddick does move the needle and thus he has leverage.

You must choose one, Pikachu. 

• More Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Because the 52 other players on the roster quit on Sirianni and Matt Patricia?  You’re seriously going to blame the entire eagles collapse on Reddick?

Shhh he’s trying to spackle together an untenable point for Internet cred 

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

So… then JD is an idiot for trading for him? I mean really, where are you on this?

He traded a 3rd round pick 3 drafts from when he made the trade for a guy on a relatively inexpensive contract. He's a nice addition at a price JD or Woody won't exceed. If they thought he was some game wrecker they would have given him that 3 year 75 mil extension he wants.

9 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Chase’s best buddy Joe Burrow talked him into it

Like a I said.  Watch the other holdouts start reporting. Hey if not the Jets face 49ers w/o Trent Williams, Aiyuk. 

8 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

No but apparently the Jets are screwed if we don't get him in.

He traded a 3rd round pick 3 drafts from when he made the trade for a guy on a relatively inexpensive contract. He's a nice addition at a price JD or Woody won't exceed. If they thought he was some game wrecker they would have given him that 3 year 75 mil extension he wants.

So….. worthless pick for worthless player is your position. I guess then JD doesn’t value his time.

• WTF? 1

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

So it’s one of two things:

-Reddick doesn’t move the needle, so then why did JD trade for him?

OR

-Reddick does move the needle and thus he has leverage.

You must choose one, Pikachu. 

Does he move the needle so much that he's worth what he's asking for? 25 mil?  How much do I have to spell this out to you? Holy sh*t, guy.

Does he move the needle so much he's worth what he's asking for? How much to I have to spell this out to you? Holy sh*t, guy.

You’d give him what he’s asking for and not negotiate??? Wow, son. Come buy my used car.

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

My friend, you’ve been surrounded for an hour. The art is you still thing you’re winning.

I'm pretty sure I haven't seen anyone support your argument but please...go on. You're doing great!

Hell Yeah Good Job GIF by Max

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Rich Thornburgh said:

Did you know everyone said the season is over if Reddick doesn’t play?  It’s crazy but I’ve been reading nothing but that for 8 weeks

“Screw him!”

-expert JN negotiators 

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty sure I haven't seen anyone support your argument but please...go on. You're doing great!

Hell Yeah Good Job GIF by Max

Clapping to yourself won’t scare them Winchesters out of the bushes surrounding your camp

20 minutes ago, jgb said:

Dude, step away from the keyboard and take a breath.......really.

You, jumping on every single post in this thread, has ran its course.

You're not the only one on this forum with an opinion, get over it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Dude, step away from the keyboard and take a breath.......really.

Better idea, form a cogent argument and come back for another spin of the wheel 

• Ugh 1