I don't think Rodgers plays next season...

AFJF

9 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

If Rodgers doesn't play next season its because we missed the playoffs and Douglas and Saleh are gone.

In that scenario anything can happen I guess but I'd rank the possibility of Darnold coming back here at 0.

Or because he decides to retire after winning his second SB

Next year AR8's cap hit comes due, and the Jets likely lose Tyron, Morgan and Mike Williams (who are on 1 year deals).

Time is not on his side.  He is in great shape but will continue to erode. 

At this point my JD/Saleh get fired meter is still at 55%.   I would re-categorize that as being either the both of them or just Saleh.  

All of the decisions that have created this 2024 Team are not looking great right now.  

Darnold is water under the bridge.  He is still only 27 years old.   He received real coaching in SF and now is being well-managed in Minnesota.  Minnesota would be well-placed to extend him.   Let JJ McCarthy be your relatively inexpensive backup, and ultimately trade or the other, if you want.  

47 minutes ago, varjet said:

Next year AR8's cap hit comes due, and the Jets likely lose Tyron, Morgan and Mike Williams (who are on 1 year deals).

Time is not on his side.  He is in great shape but will continue to erode. 

At this point my JD/Saleh get fired meter is still at 55%.   I would re-categorize that as being either the both of them or just Saleh.  

All of the decisions that have created this 2024 Team are not looking great right now.  

Darnold is water under the bridge.  He is still only 27 years old.   He received real coaching in SF and now is being well-managed in Minnesota.  Minnesota would be well-placed to extend him.   Let JJ McCarthy be your relatively inexpensive backup, and ultimately trade or the other, if you want.  

Olu and Warren will take over at both Tackle positions.  Williams had a nice first down but he can be replaced in the draft

3 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

It’s probably his last season but if we do well and he feels good maybe he sticks it out for his last real payday

if he was looking for a last real payday, my guess is that he would have forced the packers to pay him his entire salary which was guaranteed.

not unexpectedly I think your view is 100% wrong.

• Upvote 1