5 Players on Jets Practice Squad Most Likely to be Poached

Sarge4Tide

It’s probably unlikely that any of the Jets Practice Squad players will be poached by another team, but these are the 5 most likely in my opinion

1. 60 Connor McGovern OL 6-4 306 Missouri
    Low cost Veteran with Starting Experience who can play C or G
  2. 97 Jalyn Holmes DL 6-5 283 Ohio State
    Might be signed to the 53 man roster when Johnson is placed on IR, but could also be an option for DL needy teams
  3. 16 Jason Brownlee WR 6-2 198 Southern Miss
    Lots of WR injuries around the league and one of those teams might be high on Brownlee 
  4. 87 Brandon Smith WR 6-2 220 Iowa (UFL)
    Another possible option for teams looking for WRs. Especially one looking for a bigger bodied player
  5. 48 Anthony Firkser TE 6-2 241 Harvard
    Veteran TE who would be an attractive option for a team with injuries at the position 

1 minute ago, Bruce Harper said:

McGovern has been sitting out there for a while.  Couldn't anyone have signed him?

Yes, but I assume his contract is much less now that he is on a practice squad contract and if a team has OL injuries, that’s the type of player they’ll go look for 

• Upvote 1

Tough to say, but while McGovern is hardly great there are certainly worse players out there, so part of me suspects him coming back to the Jets might have as much to do with his own preferences at this point in his career.  I'd wager all it'll take is one more OL injury and he'll be making it to the Jets active roster.

Others mentioned are a bit more up in the air, but if any other teams were interested in McGovern and he interested in them, he'd probably already be elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

It’s probably unlikely that any of the Jets Practice Squad players will be poached by another team, but these are the 5 most likely in my opinion

1. 60 Connor McGovern OL 6-4 306 Missouri
    Low cost Veteran with Starting Experience who can play C or G
  2. 97 Jalyn Holmes DL 6-5 283 Ohio State
    Might be signed to the 53 man roster when Johnson is placed on IR, but could also be an option for DL needy teams
  3. 16 Jason Brownlee WR 6-2 198 Southern Miss
    Lots of WR injuries around the league and one of those teams might be high on Brownlee 
  4. 87 Brandon Smith WR 6-2 220 Iowa (UFL)
    Another possible option for teams looking for WRs. Especially one looking for a bigger bodied player
  5. 48 Anthony Firkser TE 6-2 241 Harvard
    Veteran TE who would be an attractive option for a team with injuries at the position 

I'm worried about Adrian Martinez getting poached.

Brandon Smith is # 2.

Holmes was promoted to the active roster vs Tennessee and hopefully, he stays there.

• Upvote 1