Another O-Lineman regressing after coming to the Jets?

You can’t just throw a bunch of free agent OL together and expect them to be effective early on, and the problems are compounded by Smith not being available to practice during the week. Adding to this problem is that Fashanu doesn’t look like he’s ready to contribute right now if/when Tyron gets hurt.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You can’t just throw a bunch of free agent OL together and expect them to be effective early on, and the problems are compounded by Smith not being available to practice during the week. Adding to this problem is that Fashanu doesn’t look like he’s ready to contribute right now if/when Tyron gets hurt.

Keeping Smith healthy later in the season is worth the load management and subsequent slow adjustment through 4 weeks. I do think all guys on the line will start to really show out by week 12.

edited to include: Keith Carter sucks butt.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Keeping Smith healthy later in the season is worth the load management and subsequent slow adjustment through 4 weeks. I do think all guys on the line will start to really show out by week 12.

edited to include: Keith Carter sucks butt.

Hopefully…but I don’t know if Rodgers is going to survive that long, particularly if the run game remains unreliable