Craig Carton breaks down exactly what happen with Saleh's firing

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

This makes no sense and I don't think anyone with even basic logic believes this crap. This is 100% made up BS. 

Saleh was a bad HC. Woody fired him. That's it. Rogers doesn't have all this power people try to say he does. 

Rogers is famous for advocating to not overreacting and also takes responsibility for the loss in london. 

Media is just so ridiculous. 

People need to relax this was a good move for the Jets, there is no controversy. We just lost another winnable game and they needed to get in front of it before we lose our chance this year. 

Yep - simplicity. Johnson had this on his mind for a long time. After London he had enough. All this Mumbai jumbo about Johnson and Rodgers conspiring to fire Saleh and making sure they get their Monday night call straight before talking to the press is beyond ridiculous 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Cyberjet said:

Yep - simplicity. Johnson had this on his mind for a long time. After London he had enough. All this Mumbai jumbo about Johnson and Rodgers conspiring to fire Saleh and making sure they get their Monday night call straight before talking to the press is beyond ridiculous 

Report out that Johnson gave the staff an ultimatum that the London game was a must win after the Denver embarrassment 

5 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

To be fair, don't you think Rodgers + Hackett was a packaged deal?

I'm not a Saleh fan, glad he's gone but I don't think he gets blame for Hackett.  He should get blamed for so many other things, including poor leadership and complete lack of innovation and game planning.  

Hackett was hired before they acquired Rodgers. Saleh kept Hackett after last year debacle. 

4 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Cmon dude. Saleh literally refused to fire LaFleur so the guy has to quit in a mutual “parting of ways.”

The Hackett move ways always from the top as part of a grand plan to get Aaron Rodgers.

He didn’t want to fire his best friend’s brother. Let that sink in. Nothing is more dysfunctional than that.

Woody had already decided to fire Saleh at the end of last season. The only reason he didn’t was because of Rodgers' injury. With Rodgers out, Woody knew he couldn’t justify firing Saleh without melting under the bright lights of the NY media, so he held off. Instead, he gave Saleh enough rope to hang himself in 2024, waiting for him to repeat the same mistakes he’s always made -- knowing it was only a matter of time before Saleh would confirm the suspicion that he was a fraud.

Saleh had convinced Woody that everything would change with Aaron Rodgers running the show. But five games in, it became clear that this was just another one of Saleh’s empty promises. He was faking it the entire time, hoping Rodgers could cover up his shortcomings. But once things fell apart, Saleh was exposed, and now he’s been called out for it.

1 hour ago, Cyberjet said:

I bet he been thinking about since first game in sf. When we showed up completely unprepared and out coached 

Some of these reports coming out of these websites are unbelievable. Growing up I was given a piece of advice that has served me well. "Believe none of what you hear & only half of what you see. It has kept me out of a lot of trouble. N bub