what did you expect!

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Disagree the play calling and O was much better.  It wasn't comparable to the crap that we saw the last two weeks.  The D was shaky in the first half, maybe that's because they had one less coach to prepare.  They looked a lot better after halftime.

Saleh had demoted Hackett and installed Downing before he was fired, Ulbrich just followed thru with it. 

19 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The problem with the play calling is in the red zone, and it’s been a theme this year.  They don’t attack the goal line like other teams.  They do this short crap when they should be trying like hell to score tds.  And do not hand it off to hall at the 5.  He goes down immediately.  

Wilson dropped a TD.  Hall was happy to have a big run and decided to stop at the 5 yard line instead of scoring. I thought the play calling was a huge improvement last night.

17 minutes ago, slats said:

Saleh had demoted Hackett and installed Downing before he was fired, Ulbrich just followed thru with it. 

Saleh was handcuffed at the end of last year.  He wanted to bring in someone else to run the O and couldn’t give them the OC job.  Downing still isn’t the OC, Hackett is.  

Saleh wasn’t ever a good HC here.  I’m sure he’s going to look back in a couple of weeks and feel he’s better off being out of here.  

48 minutes ago, slats said:

I’m all excited to see what other motivational tricks Woody has up his sleeve! He ended the season on Monday. People who want Joe Douglas fired, too, will no doubt be pleased when Joe Douglas decides he doesn’t want to work for this pos owner, either, when his contract expires. 

Woody's fault in handling of HC is that he didn't fire Saleh soon enough. Players may have liked him because he's soft on them, so called the player's coach, but he is just not a HC material in my opinion.

Did you see Zuerlein, Kinlaw, and Mike Williams all smiling after missing FGs, making dumb penalties and falling down and dropping a pass. This team has no discipline and no accountabilities. Most of the blames if not all should be directed to Saleh. Not sure Ulbrich is the right person to change the culture of the team but I'm okay it's someone else is leading the team and not Saleh. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

As popular as it is, firing someone never fixes a problem. The way you fix a problem is by hiring someone better. That’s really difficult to do five games into the season. So now nothing’s fixed, they’re just one more coach short. I don’t believe there’s ever been an NFL team that made the playoffs after firing their HC during the season, and I don’t see this year’s Jets defying that trend at all. 

Well, if a coach is fired mid season, it's  probably already a 💩 show so making the playoffs would be a near miracle.  In our case, I really believe Saleh  was holding the team back. As horrible as the Jets looked yesterday,  the O looked to be improved. If Smith doesn't make those killer mistakes he was making all game, if Williams stays on his feet or doesn't  drop passes (I mean did Mims trade uniforms with the guy yesterday) we probably win. I don't  believe we would have seen this improvement on O with Saleh. 

10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

As horrible as the Jets looked yesterday,  the O looked to be improved.

Yes, because the first thing Ulbrich did was what Saleh did before he was fired: demote Hackett and promote Downing. They didn’t have to fire the HC to do that. Woody is a joke of an owner who has the respect of no one. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, slats said:

Yes, because the first thing Ulbrich did was what Saleh did before he was fired: demote Hackett and promote Downing. They didn’t have to fire the HC to do that. Woody is a joke of an owner who has the respect of no one. 

Saleh had 3 seasons to not suck. He kept sucking. 

1 minute ago, slats said:

I don't  know how key that move was. What looked different really was the run game. I think Downing was the passing guy. The pass game didn't  look so different other than Lazard playing out of his mind. 

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Saleh was handcuffed at the end of last year.  He wanted to bring in someone else to run the O and couldn’t give them the OC job.  Downing still isn’t the OC, Hackett is.  

Saleh wasn’t ever a good HC here.  I’m sure he’s going to look back in a couple of weeks and feel he’s better off being out of here.  

I’m sure he’s already thinking that.

When he delivers as DC again he will probably get another HC gig somewhere else.

Just like Bowles, Quinn, Morris, etc.

Just now, kdels62 said:

Saleh had 3 seasons to not suck. He kept sucking. 

Cool. I’ve said it before and I’m sure I’ll say it again many times: I’d’ve had no problem with the Jets firing Saleh last January. I would’ve thought it was a little premature, but I would’ve understood it. At that time, you can add a coach and he builds a staff. Firing a coach during the season solves no problems, though. The defense was fine, the players were playing hard, the offense sucked and all the interim coach did there was exactly what Saleh did right before he got canned. Whoop-de-doo. Woody sabotaged any chance for this team to have success this year with that move. He flew the white flag. It’s over. Rodgers will retire, JD will be gone, and Woody isn’t attracting anyone decent to come work for him. Yay. 

Just now, slats said:

Cool. I’ve said it before and I’m sure I’ll say it again many times: I’d’ve had no problem with the Jets firing Saleh last January. I would’ve thought it was a little premature, but I would’ve understood it. At that time, you can add a coach and he builds a staff. Firing a coach during the season solves no problems, though. The defense was fine, the players were playing hard, the offense sucked and all the interim coach did there was exactly what Saleh did right before he got canned. Whoop-de-doo. Woody sabotaged any chance for this team to have success this year with that move. He flew the white flag. It’s over. Rodgers will retire, JD will be gone, and Woody isn’t attracting anyone decent to come work for him. Yay. 

Something is something. I’d rather let this play out than wring my hands over a coach I know has no answers. Sitting around and letting the same issues fester for another season would’ve been insane. I genuinely believe that Saleh never takes the timeouts at the end of the half to set up the Hail Mary and that’s enough for now.