Off season.. upgrade or downgrade?

rajensen088

Power ratings from Scouts, Inc of starters lost by Tannenbaum and Mangini vs their replacements.

John Abraham (81) vs KVO (70)

Kevin Mawae (76) vs Teague (72)

Ty Law (no data?!) vs Dyson (73)

Jerald Sowell (72) vs Askew (66)

Jason Fabini (75) vs Clement (66)

Power ratings from Scouts, Inc of starters lost by Tannenbaum and Mangini vs their replacements.

And you simply leave out a #29 draft pick?:eek:

Mawae would have been a locker room cancer and total disruption.

This was strictly a cap move, and a smart one at that.

A wash.

Clement is an upgrade over Turnstile Fabini.

Overall, huge upgrade in the direction the Jets want to go.

Abraham is the most overrated piece of crap. Give me a break with him.

Mawae is done. He should retire. Teague has 3-4 more good years left in him

Law, like Abe, was very overrated last year.

I agree Sowell was a loss.

Fabini just sucks.

We got a 1st round pick for abe.

Mawae is slipping

Law is took up way to much cap space.

Wish we kept sowell (hopefully Askew will be a nice replacement)

Fabini sucks.

Mangini (100) Vermin (-20)

Tannebaum (100) Bradway (-10)

This is the only upgrade we need to consider. I don't give a rat's hairy ass about the rest. I am 100% positive we will be well ran as a franchise, and well coached as a team. I am very excited about the direction of the Jets.

A wash.

Couldn't agree more.

Wish we kept sowell (hopefully Askew will be a nice replacement)

Sowell was ok, not great. But supposedly he's one of the two who made the "egg" comment about Chad. No other reason he'd be cut when it only saved 300-400K in cap space & left us with a first-time starter at FB, whose skills as a blocker are anyone's guess (his pass-blocking sure sucked in the 2003 pre-season vs the Giants). But at the time we needed the cap space with Chad's restructure very badly & couldn't have Chad & Sowell on the team (or even through TC) together after that.

Jensen you left out:

Mangini (100) Vermin (-20)

Tannebaum (100) Bradway (-10)

Mangini? A failure in one year as a DC leading the Pats to a 26th ranked defense, 31st in pass defense.

Edwards three playoffs, only the second AFC East championship in the history of the Jets and two playoff wins.

Bradway... You got me there, I gave up on Bradway after he drafted Bryan Thomas.. Although in his first trade Tannenbaum had his pocket picked by the Redskins again. A 6th round draft pick for a player about to be cut?

As far as improving the roster, you need to chuga-lug a fifty gallon drum of green Kool Aid to believe these amateurs have improved the roster.

Mangini? A failure in one year as a DC leading the Pats to a 26th ranked defense, 31st in pass defense.

Edwards three playoffs, only the second AFC East championship in the history of the Jets and two playoff wins.

Bradway... You got me there, I gave up on Bradway after he drafted Bryan Thomas.. Although in his first trade Tannenbaum had his pocket picked by the Redskins again. A 6th round draft pick for a player about to be cut?

As far as improving the roster, you need to chuga-lug a fifty gallon drum of green Kool Aid to believe these amateurs have improved the roster.

Jensen obviously believes the Jets are allowed a 75-man roster and have a salary cap $40M more than the rest of the league.

Pats were still top 10 against the run. What were the Jets ranked defensively? Pats had a lot of injuries and winning the super bowl 3 out of 4 years takes a toll on a rosters talent. While the Pats lost their best defensive players. The Jets still had theirs (according to you) healthy and playing (Vilma and J Abe).

Yes he did very well with Parcells players.

So draft picks come in and perform without bing developed by the head coach? hmmm.

I want to make an avater bet with you. Jets win more games this year than last you post with an Eric Mangini avater for one month.

A failure? It was Mangini's idea to go with a 2-5 against the Eagles in the Super Bowl. How did that brilliant move turn out? What about the Pats secondary the last two years with a WR and LB playing back there?

This is a total bunch of crap. An AFCE championship with a 9-7 record decided by a 3rd tiebreaker? And how did Hermy the Clown perform in divisional playoff games? Two Wild Card wins in 5 years and you think that is something outstanding?:eek:

A failure? It was Mangini's idea to go with a 2-5 against the Eagles in the Super Bowl. How did that brilliant move turn out? What about the Pats secondary the last two years with a WR and LB playing back there?

This is a total bunch of crap. An AFCE championship with a 9-7 record decided by a 3rd tiebreaker? And how did Hermy the Clown perform in divisional playoff games? Two Wild Card wins in 5 years and you think that is something outstanding?:eek:

Yo...TX is da man!!!!

I'm falling into that trap that is the Jets fan off-season battlecry of, "We're gonna kick ass this year!"

I shouldn't have had those tall boys on the LIRR tonight...but, hey, it's Tuesday, right?:cheers:

Yo...TX is da man!!!!

I'm falling into that trap that is the Jets fan off-season battlecry of, "We're gonna kick ass this year!"

I shouldn't have had those tall boys on the LIRR tonight...but, hey, it's Tuesady, right?:

Ah, the old commute home out of NYC after a hard days work.

I don't miss those friggn' days at all.

Regardless of how many beers I drank on the train.;)

Ah, the old commute home out of NYC after a hard days work.

I don't miss those friggn' days at all.

Regardless of how many beers I drank on the train.;)

:cheers:

Cheers, TX.

I'm really pumped about Mangini, it's good to see an objective Pats fan pump him up.

A wash.

Wow. That's one of your best Jet posts I've ever read.

Dude, you just lost any credibility you may have been clinging to with that statement. Here's my advice:

Instead of "Edwards three playoffs, only the second AFC East championship in the history of the Jets and two playoff wins" you should have said "Edwards, wow . . . I can't believe we had even moderate success under that idiot."

So BZ, you'd still rather have the Hermy/Bradway regime back?:eek:

No. Time to move forward

But why don't we wait to see if Mangini can put together a winning season or two before we all claim him the next coming of the Christ.

BZ

A wash.

Excellent post!!:cheers:

You sure you aren't a closet Jets fan? You sure defended the org. very well here.:cool:

Yea, send a friggn' PM to Beans (the complete dumbass:eek: ) and let him know what a great poster I am.
That PM would fall on this dumbass's deaf ears, even if a poster like rsherryjr whom I hold in high regard, sends it along. TX, I'm sorry to say, is a not a great poster, just a very good one. A runner-up, so to speak, even if he is MESSAGEBOARD GOLD. Thanks in advance for not cluttering up the inbox.

Your pal,

The Complete Dumbass

That PM would fall on this dumbass's deaf ears, even if a poster like rsherryjr whom I hold in high regard, sends it along. TX, I'm sorry to say, is a not a great poster, just a very good one. A runner-up, so to speak, even if he is MESSAGEBOARD GOLD. Thanks in advance for not cluttering up the inbox.

Your pal,

The Complete Dumbass

Ouch.:Nuts:

Archived