Patriots | Ohio State coach thinks Patriots could select a Buckeye

Smizzy

Patriots | Ohio State coach thinks Patriots could select a Buckeye

Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:44:56 -0700

Jerome Solomon, of the Boston Globe, reports Ohio State head coach Jim Tressel thinks the New England Patriots could select a number of his former players in the NFL Draft. Tressel said there was a parade of Patriots' coaches to meet with Ohio State players, "I think they like WR Santonio Holmes. I think they like OC Nick Mangold." Tressel also believes that LB Bobby Carpenter will be a good fit for the Patriots 3-4 defensive scheme.

:Typotux:

Ah, so we like their ~ 1st round talents?

There's a shocker.

Tress is doing his best to hype his guys because despite the relative failure of the 2004 draft class, the Pats are still the attention-getting name to drop come draft time.

Carpenter and Holmes I could buy.

After Big Kat, I am a little worried about drafting The Ohio State LBers.

Minor injury.

That's only a problem for Jet players.;)

We'll see.

It's been learned that C Dan Koppen incurred a severe rotator cuff tear last season.

It was known he had separated his shoulder, but the new injury intensifies his situation. A source close to Koppen said the Pats' budding star would be ready for next season. Koppen himself didn't sound as certain: "My only expectation is that I will be 100 percent at some point."

Source: Boston Herald

Typical BC player: Serviceable and over-hyped. Quite frankly, I thought Hochstein did a decent job in his place. Name me one BC player that was NOT over-rated - or nuts? Examples: Flutie (yah, so I can't stand him) WAY over-rated. Nalen? Dirty cheater. Romanowski? Dirty/crazy cheater. Woody? Over-rated. I almost guarantee that BC prospect, Kiwanuka (who is over-rated and who's stock is dropping as fast as Lendale Whites) will be a disappointment as a pro.

I actually like Will Blackmon. Think he will be a very good pro - as a DB and Punt/Kick Returner.

Ssshhhhh....I'd like to keep my record of hating EVERY BC player intact ;)

TX - Blasphemy!

Not possible anyway. TYPICAL BC OVER-HYPED AND OVER-RATED. Brady and Brown were UNDER-HYPED AND UNDER-RATED.

Archived