Udfa

McGraw38

Jets | Team agrees with UDFA D. Fitzpatrick

Mon, 1 May 2006 07:13:59 -0700

The South Bend Tribune reports the New York Jets have reached an agreement with undrafted rookie free agent P/PK D.J. Fitzpatrick (Notre Dame).

Bizarre. I guess there's going to be competition at EVERY position like Mangini said, and no one's job is safe. Nugent was a 2nd-rounder last year & will cost $ to cut. Graham was one of the only bright spots on the team last year and is dirt cheap cap-wise.

This is a guy I liked prior to us drafting Washington. Very high character guy with tremendous production at a smaller school.

Same here - of course I am biased being a Lobo alumnus. However, DonTrell is one of only six backs ever to rush for over 1000 yards all four years of their career. He does have that "high character" intangible that the new FO likes in their players too. He might have a shot.

what? we've already got graham and nugent, who are both solid and still developing into their positions. Unless this is for depth or competition I cant see the logic behind this pick up. IMO

You dont overwork Nugent during training camp and preseason games...

Anyway,

I like Moore alot.. I was amazed by him when He was back from knee surgery in 2004 he ran for over 1200 yards a season in 2005... That is incredible... I am not sure if Cook got all credits for that? Moore still needs to improve on blocking skill and speed.. He can be our starting RB after a fall of Martin if he works hard... Still no Nance,Austin or Quillory? what is going on.

Archived