Do you get this nagging feeling that......

Fred Jetstone

...Mangini is way over his head here, that the Jets scooped him up more to trump the Pats, and less because he's actually ready to be an HC?

Do you worry that he will give Clemmons favorable treatment to prove "his" draft pick will save the QB day?

Do you fear that he is going to over-compensate for the "too young to HC" thing by becoming a rigid task-master and ultimately ruin the free-flowing rythym that athletes need to get into the zone?

Do you fear that our jolly little Andy Richter look-alike is actually a tyranical little Napolean in disguise.

What I mean is, what am asking is....is Mangini too green?

Yes right now Mangini is too green and there will be learning curves, but a good coach is a good coach regardless of his age. It's like a good QB. you can throw him in the fire as a rookie and he won't do well, but you can tell whether or not he is going to be a good QB.

Why shouldn't Mangini give Clemens favorable treatment?

He's the only legitimate NFL QB on the Jets roster.

I believe Curtis threw a third down pass one...got pretty good distance on it if I remember correctly. It was a pick, but he had an NFL caliber arm.

Carry the team for that many years, you are liable to gain some muscle.

Can you just imagine if the Pats had a QB as sucky as PennyBoyWonder?

We haven't seen that crap since Tony Eason.

On second thought:

Tony Eason > PennyBoyWonder.

Can you just imagine if the Pats had a QB as sucky as PennyBoyWonder?

We haven't seen that crap since Tony Eason.

On second thought:

Tony Eason > PennyBoyWonder.

At least Tony brought his team to the Superbowl before realizing he was a timid QB. Penny made it to the what....Divisional round? I guess around here that is something.

In regards to Mangini; We wont know until the games start but how can you not like where he has come from and what we've been reading about thus far about the guy? He was tutored by the best, appears to be extremely smart, focused and disciplined.

What impressed me about Mangini the most is the fact that as a young first time HC he didnt surround himself with a bunch of veteran assistants, he went out and hired a lot of first timers; a 32 year old first time OC, Richie Anderson, Bryan Cox; a bunch of guys with little experience. That tells me Mangini is very confident in his ability to coach.

Meanwhile when Herm was hired and knew he was in over his head so he surrouned himself with every old hag he possible could (cottrell, hackette, westhoff).

I thought that was very telling about Mangini

But again, we'll see when the games start.

In regards to Mangini; We wont know until the games start but how can you not like where he has come from and what we've been reading about thus far about the guy? He was tutored by the best, appears to be extremely smart, focused and disciplined.

What impressed me about Mangini the most is the fact that as a young first time HC he didnt surround himself with a bunch of veteran assistants, he went out and hired a lot of first timers; a 32 year old first time OC, Richie Anderson, Bryan Cox; a bunch of guys with little experience. That tells me Mangini is very confident in his ability to coach.

Meanwhile when Herm was hired and knew he was in over his head so he surrouned himself with every old hag he possible could (cottrell, hackette, westhoff).

I thought that was very telling about Mangini

But again, we'll see when the games start.

It could also mean that none of the "old hags" wanted the jobs. Just a thought.

I fear nothing about this year, because I'm not expecting a lot.

Last year was somewhat numbing starting with the horror in KC.

Next thing you know we're 2-10 and talking draft position.

I really doubt we'll be 2-10 this year, but I'm not scared of it.

Mangini will be fine.

...Mangini is way over his head here, that the Jets scooped him up more to trump the Pats, and less because he's actually ready to be an HC?

Do you worry that he will give Clemmons favorable treatment to prove "his" draft pick will save the QB day?

Do you fear that he is going to over-compensate for the "too young to HC" thing by becoming a rigid task-master and ultimately ruin the free-flowing rythym that athletes need to get into the zone?

Do you fear that our jolly little Andy Richter look-alike is actually a tyranical little Napolean in disguise.

What I mean is, what am asking is....is Mangini too green?

Unlike PennyBoyWonder.

Is this a followup to your crap thread on how you never make fun of Chad unless someone says he is a great QB?

Oh, what is that? Hypocrisy again?

And I expect so much less from a Pats fan living in Texas.

BZ

Archived