Beckett wins 12th -signs extension

GimmeShelter

I think you're dead wrong but time will tell.

Sox were brilliant this off season.

Well they certinly had a better offseason then the yankees. Boston should thank their lucky stars for the Sheffield and Matsui injuries because those combined with the yankees having no depth is the only reason you're still in first.

Brilliant.

And, you're a fan of whom again?

Oh I know, it's the rivalry that gets you going.

Met fan just not blind and incapable of appreciating the moves they made.

Done debating as time will tell as it did with Beltran and Wright ,both who were questioned last year.

Well they certinly had a better offseason then the yankees. Boston should thank their lucky stars for the Sheffield and Matsui injuries because those combined with the yankees having no depth is the only reason you're still in first.

No Mike. You're dead wrong. The Yankees should feel lucky because Wily Mo Pena being injured is the only reaon why they aren't in dead last.

Met fan just not blind and incapable of appreciating the moves they made.

Done debating as time will tell as it did with Beltran and Wright ,both who were questioned last year.

I just find it amusing you use Becketts W/L record ti determine his success while you killed Johnson for the same thing last year.

2003 was a long time ago. Beckett doesn't intimidate the Yankees, or anyone for that matter.

He's a good young pitcher, not great.

Been over this before. Everyone has injuries as it's part of the game.

Mets- Nady-Floyd, Reyes , Beltran, Pedro.

Dodgers - too many to mention.

Cards-Pujols-Rolen-Edmonds-Mulder.

Sox- Wells-Pena-Wakefield-Foulke.

Use your payroll better is the lesson the Yanks need to take from this season.

This back and forth crap is stupid. I am impressed with the Yankees overcoming their injuries and hanging near the top of the AL East.

But the blind homerism from you and Matt39 is ridiculous.

Beckett gets paid half what Randy makes and is nearly half his age. How any sane person can say that Randy is better is foolish.

Been over this before. Everyone has injuries as it's part of the game.

Mets- Nady-Floyd, Reyes , Beltran, Pedro.

Dodgers - too many to mention.

Cards-Pujols-Rolen-Edmonds-Mulder.

Sox- Wells-Pena-Wakefield-Foulke.

Use your payroll better is the lesson the Yanks need to take from this season.

I agree with you. The yankees did an AWFUL job building depth and a bench in the offseason and thats why they are having trouble now but NO TEAM lost 2 players like sheffield or matsui for that ammount of time. And add Cano being out for a month to that too.

I just find it amusing you use Becketts W/L record ti determine his success while you killed Johnson for the same thing last year.

2003 was a long time ago. Beckett doesn't intimidate the Yankees, or anyone for that matter.

You know who else was clutch in 2003

Keith Foulke

This back and forth crap is stupid. I am impressed with the Yankees overcoming their injuries and hanging near the top of the AL East.

But the blind homerism from you and Matt39 is ridiculous.

Beckett gets paid half what Randy makes and is nearly half his age. How any sane person can say that Randy is better is foolish.

I don't care how much randy makes. He's a better pitcher then beckett. I don't care that he's old either. When he's done his money can come off the payroll and the yankees will sign another pitcher whos better then beckett.

My take was Randy was the reason you caught Boston last year.

I don't kill Randy nor ARod. You guys handle that very well on your own.

The only two negative opinions I have on Yankee players is that Jeter is overated as being hailed as clutch in the post season and Proctor and Melky are way overhyped for being simply average.

My take was Randy was the reason you caught Boston last year.

I don't kill Randy nor ARod. You guys handle that very well on your own.

The only two negative opinions I have on Yankee players is that Jeter is overated as being hailed as clutch in the post season and Proctor and Melky are way overhyped for being simply average.

I agree with you again about melky. Proctor is better then that though. He has great stuff and was WAY overused in the first half which is why he didn't pitch well. He's gonna have a big 2nd half.

Archived