Back from Sundays morning session

4HCrew

As many have stated Club Edwards is long gone. I go to camp every year and this camp reminds me of the one Parcells used to run. Very organized, intense and physical. The Jets were in full pads this morning and ran 15 different sets of drills. Due to heat I went to the trees and shade and was in for a real treat. The O Line coach Tony Wise is one tough sob. He ran very physical drills riding both Mangold and D Brick. On one drill he said DBrick was soft and on the next play DBrick mauled the two guys in front of him on a 2 vs 1 drill. He is a very intense coach and will definitely get these guys heading in the right direction. Brian Schottenheimer is very hands on and was actually running some wr routes for the QBs.

Something appeared to be wrong with Chad and his leg...all of the qbs had to do a 30 yard run and Chad was dead last and by alot and seemed to be favoring his right leg. Then when he resumed drills he seemed to be limping and seemed to be exhausted. Not sure if he was cramping or dehydrated but something looked wrong. He was not taken out of any drills but something was up. In the qb drills Clemens and Ramsey showed great velocity and strength. Schlegel is a pure beast, he is aggressive and strong seems to always be in the middle of things..very impressed with his quickness.

Hats off to Mangold for staying after practice to sign some autos..

I just listened to afternoon press conference and Mangini say coaches,ball boys everyone needs to shape up and do a better job..This guy is no joke..put up or shut up

I just watched it too and WOW. This guy said when you do something to hurt the team, then you go do a lap and think about it..lol. It also seemed like he was treating the rookies like rookies should be treated. Then he said that this is training camp, we arent going to run around in shorts for 3 days. Not sure if he was taking a shot at herm or not on that one. Anyway, this guy doesent play around, I hope DRob is paying close attention or he will be gone after this season.

Tony Wise was the offensive line coach for the Dolphins under Wannstedt. He was awful. Hudson Houk replaced him under Saban and with basically the same players improved the line tremendously. How bad is Wise, he was unemployed after Wannstedt was fired and never got another interview until after fourteen months when the Jets asked him to be the OL after Doug Marrone shot his way out of Hofstra.

I just listened to afternoon press conference and Mangini say coaches,ball boys everyone needs to shape up and do a better job..This guy is no joke..put up or shut up

I think its put up or GET OUT. If these players don''t know what Mangini

wants from them by this time they better have a more lucrative profession

as a back up.

Thanks Tyson - great to get first hand info. I watched the Mangini press conf too and have to say it doesn't look like this guy is going to sway from his objective one bit. Great news for us. I wonder who the first guys will be to tire of the totalitarian enviornment and find out he's for real the hard way. With luck we got rid of all them.

Thanks Tyson - great to get first hand info. I watched the Mangini press conf too and have to say it doesn't look like this guy is going to sway from his objective one bit. Great news for us. I wonder who the first guys will be to tire of the totalitarian enviornment and find out he's for real the hard way. With luck we got rid of all them.

Can you imagine how many letters Mawae would have fired off to

the union by now???

Tony Wise was the offensive line coach for the Dolphins under Wannstedt. He was awful. Hudson Houk replaced him under Saban and with basically the same players improved the line tremendously. How bad is Wise, he was unemployed after Wannstedt was fired and never got another interview until after fourteen months when the Jets asked him to be the OL after Doug Marrone shot his way out of Hofstra.

Of course you conveniently leave out that Tony Wise was the Dolphins OLINE coach in 2002 when Ricky Williams rushed for 1800+ yards with a mediocre passing game and the Dolphins averaged an AFC best 156 rushing yards per game.

Can you imagine how many letters Mawae would have fired off to

the union by now???

I didn't want to mention names SF and get our girl Bren all worked up, but he would have been at the top of the list. I don't know if Abe would have bitched - he just would have developed a boo boo and sat out. Wow - that brings up and interesting thought. Wonder how the 04 Abe drama would have played out with Mangini at the helm.

I didn't want to mention names SF and get our girl Bren all worked up, but he would have been at the top of the list. I don't know if Abe would have bitched - he just would have developed a boo boo and sat out. Wow - that brings up and interesting thought. Wonder how the 04 Abe drama would have played out with Mangini at the helm.

Good thought on Abe in 04. Lets assume he was injured. Mangini

would never have let him talk about the injury to the press so he wouldn't

have made that classic comment about not wanting to ruin his chance

for a big contract. Now Mangini would have still gotten rid of him for

other reasons but I think he probably would have saved him from the

backlash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajensen088 viewpost.gif

Of course you conveniently leave out that Tony Wise was the Dolphins OLINE coach in 2002 when Ricky Williams rushed for 1800+ yards with a mediocre passing game and the Dolphins averaged an AFC best 156 rushing yards per game.

LIA-

OWNED AGAIN!

Great point NJ..who is going to be the first guy to complain. By the way would love to have seen how Mawae would have reacted..my guess good reason for getting rid of him

Mawae would have never survived Mangini...never. It seems to me Mangini's motto is "it's about the team" not a Mawae strong point, and the dude never SHUT UP...little Herm will call him..Bottom line is it's pretty clear who's in charge and that's COACH MANGINI and that's the way it has to be whether its NFL or Midget football,the head coach is the BOSS and sets the tone and the tone of The New York Jets Football Team is pretty serious...work hard or go home...period!!

Archived