Brady: Deion is the best of the elite receivers WR in the NFL

Sperm Edwards

Obviously Tom Brady is piling on the compliments to Deion Branch for contractual and friendship reasons. However, as a clutch performer, I would say Deion is a top 5 receiver. In the playoffs who do you want? Deion Branch, a guy who has delivered in stressful crunch situations, or a choke-artist like Marvin Harrison who sits slouched on the bench while the steelers are on offense trying to put the blame on his defensive teammates?

Um.... I'll take Harrison.

If Branch was available, maybe 10 teams would call him. Thats my point.

Most teams have way better options with their #1 and #2 than Branch could offer.

Coles is a #1, as he has shown in his career. Branch is about the 4th best WR in the AFCE. You said he's better than Coles because he has a SB mvp award? Going with that logic, he must be better than every single WR in the NFL because no other WR has a SB MVP award. Stupid logic, you got called out on that TX.

Although I think your numer (10) is low, I see your point. You also over value Coles, but I digress.

If Branch was cut today, every team would try to get him. Branch, like Coles, is not the 6 foot 2 inch/215 lb proto-type teams look for, but they both produce. If their roles were reversed, Branch would have put up numbers similar to Coles and vice versa. Branch's numbers are a by product of the system. The Patriots distribute the ball. It is not uncommon for them to have 10 different receivers catch a ball in a game. I am pretty sure Coles cannot say the same thing.

I think were your post has validity is Branch's value to the rest of the NFL. Brady's comments aside, I doubt to many teams want to pay Branch top money because of his size and health. He has missed time due to injuries. His best season came after a preseason when the staff dialed down his work. I think all teams would not mind giving him top dollar, but most would prefer it to be incentive based.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. So does A-Rod. I'll take my chances with Harrison. 16 games a year and through the playoffs.

And that is why you will only collect a bunch of regular season success.

And that is why you will only collect a bunch of regular season success.

Yes. I am certain that the only reason the Colts haven't won a super bowl in the last 10 years is because Harrison is a choker. The guy can flat out play. You admitted as much yourself when you discuss if Branch is an elite or #1. He is NOT. He is a very solid receiver. I like the guy, but compared to Harrison it is no contest. NONE. I'm sure before his next playoff game they'll put the #3 corner on Harrison because "he chokes in the playoffs."

Yes. I am certain that the only reason the Colts haven't won a super bowl in the last 10 years is because Harrison is a choker. The guy can flat out play. You admitted as much yourself when you discuss if Branch is an elite or #1. He is NOT. He is a very solid receiver. I like the guy, but compared to Harrison it is no contest. NONE. I'm sure before his next playoff game they'll put the #3 corner on Harrison because "he chokes in the playoffs."

Game, season and championship on the line, do you want to see A-Rod or Big Papi? A-Rod is more talented then Big Papi, but do you want your fate in A-Rod's hands? No.

Harrison is more talented, but Deoin has come up in the clutch. Harrison has not. Alot of that has to do with the QB, but I do not remember Deoin laying the ball on the ground like Hariison has done in crucial moments.

Want to win a fantasy football championship you can have Harrison, give me Deoin and I will take those three Superbowls.

Game, season and championship on the line, do you want to see A-Rod or Big Papi? A-Rod is more talented then Big Papi, but do you want your fate in A-Rod's hands? No.

Harrison is more talented, but Deoin has come up in the clutch. Harrison has not. Alot of that has to do with the QB, but I do not remember Deoin laying the ball on the ground like Hariison has done in crucial moments.

Want to win a fantasy football championship you can have Harrison, give me Deoin and I will take those three Superbowls.

I'll take the best player. Particularly in football you'd better have the best player on the field and anybody at any point in any season that wants Branch over Harrison has got some serious thinking to do. He fit your system and you won your super bowls so I can see why you don't want to replace him, but do you think he could have helped the Colts in the playoffs is you substitued Mr. Clutch for Harrison? Hell you take Brady and Branch and put them on the Colts in the playoffs and you still get an early exit.

Not in clutch situations.

Harrison disappears.

I think it's more a case of Manning disappears and Harrison tries his best (like the rest of the Colt offense) to avoid the blame game? Thats my take on it.

BTW, i don't like the Pats, but Branch is a top ten WR in my mind. He just plays in a system where they spread the ball around alot and for a coach that emphasizes team over individuals. I'd take Branch on my roster any day.

Archived