Meadowlands camp review

TaborJet

Hello all-

Just got back from the first ever camp at the Meadowlands. Great weather! Hot, but not humid. The JetNation crew met up at 16F, and it felt like we were on our own island. In other words, plenty of parking.

Once inside, we were all seated in the lower tier, from endzone to endzone, and each section was pretty filled but you could find a seat. I don't know how many were there, maybe a few thousand?

Well, 4H, you were right. Herm's BBQs are a thing of the past. Mangini runs a tight ship - very reminicent of the Parcells' era. A player dropped a ball and he has to run a lap around the field. Another player blows a coverage, and Mangini lets him have it.

As for the QB situation, there is still no favorite. All four QBs got the same amount of reps. Chad did recieve the biggest ovation every time it was his turn under center.

Other notes - D'Brick was impressive, and Clemens had the most zip on the ball.

It was good to see the JN diehards there...4H, Sperm, Can't Hackett, 124, SPJets...did I miss anyone?

thanks Tabor for the report

Mangini is going to instill discipline in these guys like it or not

Clemens is a longshot to start any games this year IMO.

Still think it will be between Chad and Ramsey to start the opener. Let the games begin next Friday night

I was there but I never made it to 16F before the practice started. I actually pulled into the parking lot at close to 2pm so I figured everyone had moved into the stadium. I just found a spot close to the exit and went inside.

It kind of sucked because I was sitting on the defense's end of the stadium, so I couldn't really watch the QB's that much except when they made their way down towards my end.

I think Bollinger and Clemens got most of the work though. I wasn't impressed with Bollinger at all. He took off right away on one play, and in the situational rills fumbled a shotgun snap. That could have been on the center I don't know because some people couldn't control their kids an I couldn't see around the ones that stood up right in front of me. Anyway, I wasn't impressed with some of his other throws.

Clemens was up and down I thought. The kid has a pretty goo arm though. He had a pretty nice TD throw to Dreesen.

I think Bollinger and Clemens each threw an INT. Vilma had one and Trevor Johnson had another on a tip.

Graham had some very nice punts as well. Dwight muffed one and heard it from the crowd...lol.

Nugent barely missed a 60 yarder. The ball seemed to fall right under the cross bar or a few feet short as I was on the other end of the field. He was also on our end signing autographs at the end. I swear he looks like he's 15...lol.

Some other stuff I noticed:

Running laps:

- Brandon Moore: probably for a penalty I'm not sure

- Clemens: fumbled a snap. Chad came in and finished off the drive with a TD

- Kerry Rhodes: ran a lap after a pass interference

One last thing I noticed that I thought was weird. When all of the QB's were soft tossing the ball to each other, the QB throwing it to Chad would throw it to someone standing next to him and that person handed it to Chad. Wasn't in every drill, but I noticed it a couple of times. Usually that's done for the starter but I'm not sure if I should be reading that much into it.

All in all, pretty fun. Not really too hot. Well, it was hot, but was fine since it wasn't humid :)

One last thing I noticed that I thought was weird. When all of the QB's were soft tossing the ball to each other, the QB throwing it to Chad would throw it to someone standing next to him and that person handed it to Chad. Wasn't in every drill, but I noticed it a couple of times. Usually that's done for the starter but I'm not sure if I should be reading that much into it.

It's done for all the QBs if they want it.

a couple of other things I noticed..

1)Rookie Eric Smith continues to run with the first team.

2)The Linebacker rotation always includes Vilma and Barton and the other postions rotate in and out.

3) Coles looks like a tier above any other wr on the team

4) Miller is no longer involved in the punt returner rotation but McCareins is.

5) Clemens has a LONG way to go.

it was great meeting everyone

Coles has been more explosive, quicker and it is obvious all of the qbs look for him. I am sure this should not be a surprise based on his past pro bowl years but just wanted to get it out there.

I agree, with a QB this year, Coles should have great year! BTW, great meeting everyone at the Meadowlands.

Archived