A mock a day keeps the voices away

RichardSeymour

Since I'm doing this right on the heels of another mock this one will have a theme... the idea originally was not to make it easy on myself... it turned out to be surprisingly easy. I guess the theme would be "what happens if there's a run on DEs in the teens?"...

1. San Francisco 49ers - QB Aaron Rodgers

The 49ers pick Rodgers over Smith because the history of strictly shotgun QBs moving to the NFL is a bit shaky.

2. Miami Dolphins - QB Alex Smith

AJ Feeley is NOT the answer. Not at all. You do not pass up a franchise QB here, and Saban knows it.

3. Cleveland Browns - LB Derrick Johnson

A new HC has a lot of sway on the initial pick. Crennel wants a defensive cornerstone.

4. Chicago Bears - RB Cedric Benson

Bears want a WR here but can't pass on an RB of Benson's caliber.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- RB Cadillac Williams

The wrong pick IMO (I like Brown better), but Gruden develops an infatuation.

6. Tennessee Titans - WR Mike Williams

Williams impresses and the Titans sieze the opportunity to replenish their depleted receiving corps.

7. Minnesota Vikings - CB Antrel Rolle

Vikings elect to focus on defense. That won't save Tice's job though.

8. Arizona Cardinals - RB Ronnie Brown

Not Denny's first choice for an RB but he takes what he can get.

9. Minnesota Vikings (from WAS) - WR Braylon Edwards

Vikings trade a 2nd to move up and get what they hope will be at least a partial replacement for Moss.

10. Detroit Lions - DE Dan Cody

The Lions seek to trade down, but don't find suitors with tons of DEs and DBs still on the board. They take Cody.

11. Dallas Cowboys - DE Marcus Spears

The Planet Principle in action.

12. San Diego Chargers -OLB Shawne Merriman

The Chargers are looking for a passrushing OLB and are thrilled Merriman is still on the board.

13. Houston Texans - OT Alex Barron

The Texans have a lot of needs, but protecting David Carr remains the biggest. In Barron they hope they have a ten year solution at Left Tackle.

14. Carolina Panthers - OT Jammal Brown

The Panthers need an RT badly and are thrilled Brown is there to be snatched up.

15. Kansas City Chiefs - DE Erasmus James

When you rebuild a defense you start on the Defensive Line.

16. New Orleans Saints - S Thomas Davis

The Saints look to their secondary... but would Justin Miller have been the better pick?

17. Cincinnati Bengals - TE Heath Miller

It just makes too much sense. When you have what you hope is a franchise QB, you surround him with weapons.

18. Washington Redskins (from MIN) - DE Matt Roth

The kind of hardnosed player Gibbs wants. Fills a major need. Gibbs/Snyder will look to WR elsewhere, as they are too impatient to look to a rookie here.

19. St Louis Rams - DE Shaun Cody

Martz goes against his desires and drafts defense.

20. Dallas Cowboys - CB Pac-Man Jones

Parcells is thrilled that he's still there. Races to the podium.

21. Jacksonville Jaguars - DE David Pollack

Jax elects for need over BPA, and Pollack has the demeanor Del Rio wants. Chopping wood.

22. Baltimore Ravens - WR Troy Williamson

Billick lobbies Newsome and wins out, although with the size of the Ravens hole at WR it doesn't take a ton of convincing.

23. Seattle Seahawks - LB Channing Crowder

Mike Holmgren showed he wasn't afraid of attitude when he took Jeremy Stephens... and he still has sway. Besides, the Hawks badly need a run stuffer.

24. Green Bay Packers - CB Carlos Rogers

The Packers are thrilled to have their pick of all the CBs they could have reasonably expected to be here. They pass on Miller and take Rogers.

25. Denver Broncos - DT CJ Mosely

The Broncs elect to replenish their depleted DL. Mosely is BPA in that area.

26. New York Jets - OT Khalif Barnes

The Jets have their LT of the future who they can groom at RT this year before swapping him and Fabini in '06.

27. Atlanta Falcons - CB Marlin Jackson

Falcs get a runningmate for DeAngelo Hall and take Jackson for his size to complement Hall's speed.

28. New England Patriots (from SD - CB Justin Miller

New England pays a 3rd to move up and solve (hopefully) both the weakness at CB and the PR problem. No, I didn't rig it to happen this way.

29. Indianapolis Colts - LB Justin Tuck

Colts take the local product to give them a passrushing threat at LB to augment the threat of Freeney.

30. Pittsburgh Steelers - WR Mark Clayton

and it p*sses me off royally that he's still here for them to take in my mock.

31. Philadelphia Eagles - OG Elton Brown

With Simon tagged the Eagles have reinforce their OL.

32. San Diego Chargers (from NE) - CB Brandon Browner

The Chargers can't resist, and while it's a boom or bust pick at 32 Browner's a steal.

RS, normally I'd have your back because you bring so much to the table, but now that I know that you have a hot model nymphomaniac girlfriend that will console you, you're on your own.

Besides, the arsenal shot was too brutal. There is no coming back from that. :lol: Good job Troll-daddy.

I do like that arsenal kid, though. In 10 years he'll know more about football than any of us ever will.

...you're in trouble mistah! :lol:

You know, reading this thread got me to thinking (yah, yah, yah.....the smoke coming out of my ears gives it away....) but how did you men come up with the term "bang?" Do you liken your penis to a gun? Are you all so enamored with your little pistols and think they are so very powerful? Bang, shoot, score kind of thing?

Juvenile.... :lol:

Archived