JETS NEWS FOR 8-10-2006

FoxJet

Jets | J. Thompson injured

Thu, 10 Aug 2006 06:20:55 -0700

J.P. Pelzman, of the Bergen Record, reports New York Jets S Jamie Thompson (leg) left the morning practice Wednesday, Aug. 9, with an apparent leg injury and was held out of the evening workout

Jets | Deal for Shipp not in the works

Thu, 10 Aug 2006 06:19:05 -0700

Tom Rock, of Newsday, reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/27/nfl">New York Jets have been linked to Arizona Cardinals RB Marcel Shipp, but Shipp's agent, Brad Blank, said he doubted such a deal was in the works. The Jets are looking for running back insurance in case RB Curtis Martin (knee) is sidelined for all or part of 2006.

Jets | Team has some interest in Pinner

Thu, 10 Aug 2006 06:18:09 -0700

Tom Rock, of Newsday, reports the < New York Jets have some interest in Detroit Lions RB Artose Pinner. The team may need a running back if RB Curtis Martin (knee) is sidelined for the start of the season.

Jets | Team has some interest in T. Bell

Thu, 10 Aug 2006 06:16:44 -0700

Tom Rock, of Newsday, reports the New York Jets have some interest in Denver Broncos RB Tatum Bell. The team may need a running back if RB Curtis Martin (knee) is sidelined for the start of the season.

:Typotux:

Tatum Bell? Oh hell yes. I'd take Tatum anyday. He's working on getting better and has put on 6lbs to avoid going down on 1st contact so eaisly but still with that on 175 carries ran for 921 last season...and yes I know that was for Denver but you can't take away his speed.

Well of course we would all like to see Bell come in here as the Jets new RB. I would like to see Payton Manning also, but that's not going to happen and neither is this. Who are the Jets going to trade for him? Doug Jolley? It's not like we got extra players that are good to throw around, and I'm not going to want the Jets to give up a first or second round pick for the guy. And you know that's what the Broncos are going to want for him....

I think this speculation by Rock on who the Jets are looking at is pure BS.

Do you really think that knowing Mr. T, he really is telling him who they

are on the phone with.

What these media types do is peruse each roster and pick the back

up RB from each team and come up with a story.

There might be some interest by the Jets in another RB but its hard

to believe all the names that have popped up linked to the Jets in the

last few days.

Archived