Tuesday 8/22 Practice- Where's Waldo?

JetCane

So, the burning question thru the grandstands was, Where's Waldo?

I scoured the field visually, but no 31 was in evidence. By the end of the practice I had halfway convinced myself that the dude wearing the red 20 (for a Gnat rb) was him incognito, but I knew I would find out the real deal when I got back to this board. Sure enough, Rock reports 31 didnt practice because the po' baby had a couple of hectic days. No big deal, but I stick to what i said before that he will see limited PT this Friday.

There were an inordinate amount of munchkin sized Jet fans in attendance today, and a so-so MILF crop.

It was not the sharpest practice I have seen, and I think the grind of TC is taking its toll. However, I do think that there is a good chemistry on this team. We know there have been no fights, and the starting pitcher and manager for Toronto werent around to provide any fireworks.

But i do think there is a calm confidence developing within the team, bolstered by seeing the results of the Skins' game. Based on what they were doing today, I think we'll see more of the same offensive gameplan this Friday: establish the run and get the short passing game working.

There was some improvement in the selection of music- some U2 Desire always rocks, and Barton and Vilma (and yours truly) were loving it when they started blasting some Hendrix during practice.

Leon far and away ran the best today- he was simply on fire. Blalock got more reps than Cedric, and looked a little better than him too.

None of the QBs were what you would call sharp, and again i write that to this being the second to last day of the open to the public TC. Make no mistake, this TC has been hard, and focused, with a lot of learning/instruction and discipline. At one point the entire defense had to run a lap today.

Chad underthrew a 25 yard out and Strait picked six it. Not a good pass, but a very nice play by 20. A few plays later Chad went back to the same play and completed it- nicely done.

Ramsey looked better than Bolly, which doesnt say too much.

The TEs got a LOT of work today, and a LOT of passes thrown to red 80 and red 82. In other words, Shockey had a big day LOL. It was Dearth and Dreesen getting the reps in as Gnat TEs as best I could tell.

McClover looks be about 95% which is much better than the first day I saw him in camp. He is a beast, and is usually the first one down to cover punts. Lots of ST work today, on FG and punt teams. Nuge seemed to be perfect on all his attempts. Graham was booming them, hanging them really high.

Phil Silva (4) got some looks today and may see some PT Friday. Wright, too. I spent too much energy looking for Barlow, at the expense of focusing on other things. Oh well.

Seeing Rhodes come up to the LOS one on one against Coles was fun but the play usually went to the other side of the field. So, I expect more of a large dose of the running game Friday, with some screens thrown in to 29 and 23, and draw plays to Leon, who really looked excellent today.

That is all.

:getgreen:

Mangini said in his press conference that he gave Barlow the day off to sleep because the past 2 days he hasn't slept...I don't think he's a "poor baby" for that.:character42: Can't wait to see him in action on Friday...even though it will probably only be a carry or two or three on one or two series.

I look forward to these camp reports every day. Thanks Jetcane.

And Houston is getting cut unless we can/want to eat all of Blaylock's SB dead cap space ($4M) all in this year so we don't leave ourselves with a $3M nut to swallow with Curtis (and maybe Chad & DRob) in '07. One is not markedly better than the other, Blaylock has more experience (read: less concern in picking up blitzes), or at least more experience in a GOOD offense, and probably has more use than Houston as a 3rd-down back if we take Barlow out.

Hopefully we can trade him for a 7th-rounder. Not likely though.

Hey Jetcane. Iwas looking for you today,but you're right , too many little Jet fans all over the place. I saw a few MILF's (lol).The Hendrix

tune ( it was Fox Lady right?) had me dancing too.

Anyway, I thought Leon did very well today.Do you think it makes Houston expendable ? Nuge was kicking them into the end zone. It looks like he's gotten used to the balls they use in the NFl for kickoffs, much heavier than the ones used in college.

I didn't see anything that stood out in todays practice. Tomorrow is the last day for the public I think. I'll try to make it.

No problem, Mr. Sperm

g and w, I was wearing a Jets T and orange canes cap today, so my identity was out there.

:D

SFJ I'm not feeling any guru-like roster projections today, so I'll take a pass until after Friday's game.

So JC and SE-do you guys figure that one of the RBBC has to go or what?-Leon and Barlow stay-would we and HAVE we ever kept 4 HBs?

You have no idea. I have no idea. The beat writers have no idea.

What a refreshing change. Knowing this useless info 1 wk in advance would have no impact on my enjoyment of the season anyway.

Phil Silva (4) got some looks today and may see some PT Friday. Wright, too. I spent too much energy looking for Barlow, at the expense of focusing on other things. Oh well.

cane i hate to see you fall victum to the not updated roster but 4 was mario hill ...silva was cut a while back

but yeah i noticed he was working with the 1st teamers

mangini must like him

cane did you see anything out of 82 (rasby) today anything to impress..considering he was the other new guy maybe you were looking for him

some notes from today

eric coleman made a great int on a tipped pass from ramsey

bollinger threw a int to dave ball

mario hill working with the 1st teamers

ramsey ran a really good 2 minute drill

wallace wright unable to catch clemens pass with no one covering (after the session those 2 were doing extra work)

some autograph notes

got terry butler and james dearth,mike westoff

******* of the day d-brik he signed like 10 autographs by the fence PROMISED he would be right back...was talking to some guy for like 20 min and then he left

cane and green and white considering tomorrow is the last day if you want to meet up somewhere by hofstra i will pm you my phone number

cane did you see anything out of 82 (rasby) today anything to impress..considering he was the other new guy maybe you were looking for him

some notes from today

eric coleman made a great int on a tipped pass from ramsey

bollinger threw a int to dave ball

mario hill working with the 1st teamers

ramsey ran a really good 2 minute drill

wallace wright unable to catch clemens pass with no one covering (after the session those 2 were doing extra work)

some autograph notes

******* of the day d-brik he signed like 10 autographs by the fence PROMISED he would be right back...was talking to some guy for like 20 min and then he left

cane and green and white considering tomorrow is the last day if you want to meet up somewhere by hofstra i will pm you my phone number

What's with Ferguson and signing autographs? This is not the first time he's done that.

Anyway JR128, my garage door is broken and I have someone coming down tomorrow between 1 and 5. If I'm lucky ,I'll be their first call. If thats the case I'll be looking for you and Cane.

4 was mario hill ...silva was cut a while back

I'm reposting that so I remember it.

I have a folded up roster in the car that I use at practice that they gave out in that TC handout. And, I have another copy here by the keyboard that Mickens signed for me when I was with Cubed. I use that as reference when I type the reports.

It's too bad next week's practices will be closed. I still have a couple of days off I could use, but I guess I'll use them later in the year.

I'm reposting that so I remember it.

I have a folded up roster in the car that I use at practice that they gave out in that TC handout. And, I have another copy here by the keyboard that Mickens signed for me when I was with Cubed. I use that as reference when I type the reports.

It's too bad next week's practices will be closed. I still have a couple of days off I could use, but I guess I'll use them later in the year.

JC -

Thank you for your reports, they have been excellent the entire TC. Much appreciated!

gb

Hey Jetcane. Iwas looking for you today,but you're right , too many little Jet fans all over the place. I saw a few MILF's (lol).The Hendrix

tune ( it was Fox Lady right?) had me dancing too.

Anyway, I thought Leon did very well today.Do you think it makes Houston expendable ? Nuge was kicking them into the end zone. It looks like he's gotten used to the balls they use in the NFl for kickoffs, much heavier than the ones used in college.

I didn't see anything that stood out in todays practice. Tomorrow is the last day for the public I think. I'll try to make it.

I believe the Hendrix song was If 6 Was 9 they played it before at camp.

Didn't see Jetcane today at camp....definitely a lot of little peeps at today's camp. Thought Ramsey's throws had arm power. I didn't see Tim Dwight out there, unless he was wearing another number over his? he wears 17 but someone else had 17 on in red numbers (not green jersey).

anyhoo, planning on going up tomorrow

Hey Guns if you're reading this, email me your home address. I have something for you.

Update Hendrix: or it was Voodoo Child (?)....deferring this to Hendrix experts who heard the song played at camp today. I'm pretty sure I heard 6/9 played, but after playing both songs, think the song they played today was Voodoo Child. Check out both songs.

some autograph notes

Terry is a real nice guy. Too bad he doesn't stand a chance in hell to leave this camp on the depth chart. Last year I apologized to him for his being cut three or four times on behalf of all Jets fans when I saw him at Homecoming. ;)

As I said, real nice guy.

Archived