QB (3) Pennington, Clemens, Ramsey

RB (4) Barlow, Blaylock, Washington, Askew

WR (5) Coles, McCareins, Cotchery, Dwight, B Smith

TE (3) Baker, Dreesen, Jolley

OL (9) DBrick, Kendall, Mangold, Moore, Clement, Jones, Katnik, Snell, Cavka

----------

Offense (24)

DL (6) Ellis, VanOlhoffen, D_Rob, Ball, Alailefaleula, T Adams

LB (10) Vilma, Barton, Thomas, Hobson, Kassell, Chatham, Schlegel, McClover, Johnson, Myers

CB (5) Dyson, Barrett, Miller, Mickens, Coleman

S (5) Rhodes, Coleman, E Smith, Strait, Washington

-----------

Defense (26)

LS (1) Dearth

PK (1) Nugent

P (1) Graham

-------------

Special Teams (3)

PUP - Teague, Martin

IR - Pouha, Pociask, King

P-Squad -S Andre Maddox, FB Stacy Tutt, DT Darrell Adams, WR Wallace Wright, OT Ed Blanton, RB Terry Butler & 2 scrubs to be named later

Teague gets Katnik's roster spot when the time comes

Bit,looking at your OL,you have 4 guys who can possibly play LT,but only Jones is an outside shot at RT as a backup.Don't you think that Cavka could be place on the PS and Blanton who has prototypical RT size be kept on the roster and away from prying eyes.

MHy prediction:

QB (4): Pennington, Ramsey, Clemens, Bollinger

RB (3): Blaylock, Barlow, Washington

FB (1): Askew

WR (5): Coles, Cotchery, McCareins, Dwight, Smith

TE (3): Baker, Jolley, Dreessen

OT (4): Ferguson, Clement, Jones, Blanton

OG (4): Kendall, Moore, Snell*, Morley

C (2): Mangold, Teague

Total Offense: 26

DE (4): Ellis, von Oelhoffen, Ball, Johnson

DT (3): Robertson, Pope**, Adams

OLB (4): Hobson, Thomas, Kassell, McClover

ILB (4): Vilma, Barton, Chatham, Schlegel

CB (5): Dyson, Barrett, Miller, D. Coleman, Mickens***

S (4): Rhodes, E. Coleman, Strait, Smith

Total Defense: 24

K (1): Nugent

P (1): Graham

LS (1): Dearth

Total: 53

IR (3):

Jason Pociask

Sione Pouha

Curtis Martin

PS:

Stacy Tutt, FB

Reggie Newhouse, WR

Norm Katnik, C

Tui whateverhislastnameis, DT

Blake Costanzo, LB

Dante Ridgeway, WR

+ 2 others from around the league, and maybe more over Ridgeway and Costanzo.

*If Snell isn't healthy, then IR for him and Doug Nienhuis takes his spot.

**If Pope isn't back from his personal issues, or Mangini feels that he is not a part of the team after missing so long, I can see him getting cut, in which case, the Jets either sign Buckner and use Robertson as DE a bit more, or Tui ALaleliafaufkajfla makes the team in Pope's spot.

***I can also see Mickens getting waived, Strait being used as a CB over Coleman because of his Coleman's inexperience, and Maddox taking Mickens roster spot as a safety.

Bit,looking at your OL,you have 4 guys who can possibly play LT,but only Jones is an outside shot at RT as a backup.Don't you think that Cavka could be place on the PS and Blanton who has prototypical RT size be kept on the roster and away from prying eyes.

Blanton i've seen enough of - he sucks right now. PS at best. Size is all well and good but his feet are terrible. Im not sure if Cavka is still PS eligible

to be honest this back of the OL depth is the hardest picture to figure out even after watching the second team OL closely for three games - the only things i am sure of is that they need Katnik to backup Mangold and that Doug Neinus sucks. i am not sold that Snell/Cavka make the team these are just guesses at this point. It wouldn't surprise me if neither make the team.

RE Reggie Newhouse - a good player but he had an ugly drop the other night - really ugly. Darkhorse WR have to make every single play possible. Not sure if he is PS elig either. I hope the Jets find a diamond in the rough here but im not expecting him to make the squad... it's less than 50/50 shot for that guy.

What about Morley who we gave up a draft pick to Green Bay for last year?

he could make it over snell/cavka as well

let me reiterate - the OL depth is by far the hardest part of the team to predict - i usually watch nothing but the OL/DL battle and none of these players have really distinguished themselves. I can go back to the tape again but i know what's there - what this will come down to is a question of need (i.e. katnik HAS to make the roster because there is no other center) vs potential (cavka despite regressing has potential... Morely and Snell also have potential)

it is a tough choice and let me be clear I am not wedded to these last 2 or 3 OL spots. they are all as good or as bad as each other, depending on your perspective

i think mickens or coleman is getting cut. they don't need that many corners, especially when strait can play both cb and s.

i also think jolley's days in ny are over. it still would not surprise me to see the jets keep 4 qb's on the roster at the expense of another position.

Archived