Offense - Historically Bad or Just Really, Really Bad?

jets6ever

So, the question is whether this year's offense will be one of the worst all time in the history of the NFL or merely just one of the worst in the league this season?

Good thing we signed Chad to huge money, huh? Man, that guy is awesome. He's young, has a cannon, never gets hurt, always plays well against good defenses, is underpaid, clutch, handles the blitz well, can make all of the throws and keep defenses honest, can really take a hit. He's honestly the best QB I have ever seen. The only mistake we made was not signing him to twice the money we did.

Hey Maxie - how are things, buddy??

Hey it is Vinny5ever, lol. Thanks for stopping by!

I would say right now the offense is historically bad. But if things break the Jets way they can be very bad by midseason.

Mangold and Brick have to improve. They have to get better play out of the RT spot. And they need to pick up a blitz every now and then. If they have to keep a back in to help so be it. But they can not let these jailhouse breaks continue.

Oh and they need to get a running game going. I do think Barlow will help. Somewhat.

So, the question is whether this year's offense will be one of the worst all time in the history of the NFL or merely just one of the worst in the league this season?

Good thing we signed Chad to huge money, huh? Man, that guy is awesome. He's young, has a cannon, never gets hurt, always plays well against good defenses, is underpaid, clutch, handles the blitz well, can make all of the throws and keep defenses honest, can really take a hit. He's honestly the best QB I have ever seen. The only mistake we made was not signing him to twice the money we did.

Hey Maxie - how are things, buddy??

The song remains the same. How is Vinny doing?

I doubt we're even the worst offense in the league, so i don't see how we can be historically bad. Why don't we wait until week 8 to start saying this stuff anyway? By then I expect Chad to either have a TD, or be on the bench never to return.

Clearly, some of the stuff they have tried to run hasnt worked. Some of it is due to physical/mental errors, but some of it is that the play as designed wont work with this personnel. If houston, washington and Blalock cant pick up the blitz, something needs to be done.

On a couple of sacks the TE was out on a pattern, and one back was in who whiffed. They have to think about doing more max protection until they get untracked. I havent seen Jamar as the blocking back on pass plays- or maybe the ones he is in on dont result in sacks.

On a couple of sacks the TE was out on a pattern, and one back was in who whiffed. They have to think about doing more max protection until they get untracked. I havent seen Jamar as the blocking back on pass plays- or maybe the ones he is in on dont result in sacks.

He was in to start the 3rd Quarter.

I have to believe that he will be part of the base offense come the season opener. They really don't have many other choices. Going with 3 wideouts and asking Blaylock to pick up the blitz is not going to end well.

I doubt we're even the worst offense in the league, so i don't see how we can be historically bad. Why don't we wait until week 8 to start saying this stuff anyway? By then I expect Chad to either have a TD, or be on the bench never to return.

Seriously, who is going to be worse?

You might say Buffalo, but they at least got a RB and a few receivers.

This offense is going to be bad.

Clearly, some of the stuff they have tried to run hasnt worked. Some of it is due to physical/mental errors, but some of it is that the play as designed wont work with this personnel. If houston, washington and Blalock cant pick up the blitz, something needs to be done.

Jolley in the pre-season seems to be having some trouble at the H-Back position. That has hurt the protection schemes.

Archived