This game will set the tone for the rest of the season.

Barton

This game will show what this team is made of, book it.

If the defense comes out slow, missing tackles, calling out each other for mistakes this could be a long long season.

If the defense comes out like a cannon ball and starts rocking then we'll be better than last season.

If the offense comes out with 2 yard slants and 4 yard curls to go 3 and out and doesnt score a TD in the 1st Q then we will be in trouble.

Its only week 1, but this is definetly a must win for Mangini and the players. They arent gonna respect a coach who rides them hard if they lose these gimme games.

J-E-T-S

JETS

JETS

JETS

!!!!!!

As much as I would like to go one way or another I am going to say that no matter what happens this game (huge win, huge lose) it will only be Mangini's first NFL Game as a HC.

They will need some time to learn, hopefully we can win and learn at the same time. :)

BZ

I agree with BZ.

This is the 1st game with a new head coach. There has been radical turnover in personel, and those players that remain will all be trying to get the hang of the new offensive and defensive systems.

Game one next season, yes that is a tone-setting game. Not this year, though.

This game will show what this team is made of, book it.

If the defense comes out slow, missing tackles, calling out each other for mistakes this could be a long long season.

If the defense comes out like a cannon ball and starts rocking then we'll be better than last season.

If the offense comes out with 2 yard slants and 4 yard curls to go 3 and out and doesnt score a TD in the 1st Q then we will be in trouble.

Its only week 1, but this is definetly a must win for Mangini and the players. They arent gonna respect a coach who rides them hard if they lose these gimme games.

I disagree.

This game means absolutely nothing in the overall scheme of things.

The Jets could win in a blowout (and the majority of Jets fans will have them in the Super Bowl) or they could get blown out (and the majority of Jets fans will be screaming for Mangini's head).

Bottom line, you guys are starting two rookies on the OLine, a QB who is coming off two major shoulder surgeries, a Pop Warner RB by committee and a defense that is moving to a 3-4.

Good luck with all of that.:eek:

The most important games of the entire season will be the last 4.

You want to see significant improvement in these games as the season progresses.

If Mangini is as good as advertised, that should happen.

HAH, I just asked the 'Magic 8 Ball', "Will the Jets win tomorrow?" "YES." I ask that freakin' thing every year if the Jets are going to win the Superbowl. So far, the Jets have won the Superbowl 12 times, and lost 18. This year I'm breaking with tradition, and I'm not asking! :P

Slats,

Your analysis is just mind-boggling.

That's why you are one of the better Jets posters on this board.;)

I'm sure your positive review will endear me to the group... :bag:

But I tend to agree with you about the Jets' offense. I think it'll be bottom of the league. I'm hoping they get their fourth rounders out there early and often. Brad Smith and Leon Washington are probably the only homerun threats they have. They may be raw, but the Jets might as well start getting them up to speed in this rebuilding year.

I hope they're not shy about getting Kellen on the field for meaningful snaps, either.

But I tend to agree with you about the Jets' offense. I think it'll be bottom of the league. I'm hoping they get their fourth rounders out there early and often. Brad Smith and Leon Washington are probably the only homerun threats they have. They may be raw, but the Jets might as well start getting them up to speed in this rebuilding year.

I hope they're not shy about getting Kellen on the field for meaningful snaps, either.

Dude, for crying out loud, 185 posts here?:eek:

You need to visit more often.

I agree with you about Smith (Mangini just needs to figure out a way to get this guy on the field) and Washington.

I have also said the Clemens in the future of the franchise. However, the Jets can't rush him in there. He needs to learn the speed of the NFL game and let the OLine develop with two rookies.

Agreed.

As to Clem's snaps, that is going to have to do with the score and record.

If they are in competitive, close games, I dont see them shuttling QBs in and out, unless their W-L record goes south.

to me this game is about stopping the run . if the jets can't stop the run in the 3-4 this is going to be 1 long year. i still have flashbacks of the raiders running 20 consecutive times vs cottrell's d.

i think the offense is going to surprise people, i am convinced that the jets sandbagged the entire preseason and didn't show anything relevant to their offensive philosophy. they may not be the greatest show on turf but i think they will put up enough points keep the team in games.

i think the offense is going to surprise people, i am convinced that the jets sandbagged the entire preseason and didn't show anything relevant to their offensive philosophy. they may not be the greatest show on turf but i think they will put up enough points keep the team in games.

I think they can put up 13-20 pts on people, but I dont see them hanging 35-42 on anyone.

Archived