The conservative hypocrisy

Jetsfan80

I know, this is like beating a dead horse, but bear with me, I wanted to have a couple questions answered.

The 2 most debated social issues, arguably, are gay marriage and abortion. There is no respectful way to debate either without voices being raised, especially between 2 or more people of opposing viewpoints.

However, what I do not understand is the conservative stance on either, especially conservatives who happen to be Republican.

Now, conservative republicans will say that gay marriage is wrong because it ruins the sanctity of marriage. Fair argument.

However, many who have this viewpoint also seem to have no problem with divorce. Now, if marriage is so sacred a tradition, why should we allow 2 people who marry be able to break that bond, days later if they so choose? I realize that many may be against gay marriage AND against divorce, but since divorce is taken for granted and gay marriage is so fiercly opposed by some, I would have to think that many people are hypocritical as I said.

As for abortion, many conservative republicans oppose it, saying that anyone who agrees with it is for killing babies. Again, fair argument.

However, in this instance, many pro-lifers also agree that capital punishment is OK. Now, of course it is idiotic to compare innocent babies to murderers and rapists, but shouldnt the policy be uniform? If we're going to support the right of a child to live, does that mean we can take that right away later in life? Suppose that baby that isnt aborted grows up to be a murderer. Should we now take his life?

This is not to say that I am against capital punishment, rather, I feel that jailtime is clearly a better punishment in most cases.

Therefore, IMO,you can only take 1 of 2 sides: for abortion, for capital punishment, for gay marriage and for divorce (my views), or the opposite. Anything else, unless someone here can convince me otherwise, ought to be considered hypocricy.

well i am anti abortion and pro capital punishment(and by the way not conservative or republican in any way) and it all has to do with innocence. someone who is going to be murdered via capital punishment is not innocent and i see no reason to waste my tax dollars for that person to live. just shoot them in the head and get it over with. (i know this isn't how it works and most people will tell you that it costs more to kill someone, well yes, but this is because the system is stupid) as for abortion. the child that should be born is innocent. there is no way to know if that child will grow up to be a murderer because you never gave them a chance. by the way, if you don't want to have a kid, don't have sex. that way you don't have to worry about having an abortion. people need to take responsibility for their lives. as for gay marriage. i could really care less.

Hey gents,

Just a polite heads up. Please keep in mind that we are trying to avoid political discussions here at JN for the most part. I think we all remember where political discussions in the past, no matter how innocent at first, have tended to get ugly and move on to attacks and name calling, something we don't need here. Max and Tom have been pretty laid back about what we talk about here which is what makes this place fun. Just know that if things get bad in this thread, I'll probably have to lock it up. Not trying to interfere with your positions or opinions, but just giving u a friendly reminder to keep things nice. Thanks for the help.

GOB

well i am anti abortion and pro capital punishment(and by the way not conservative or republican in any way) and it all has to do with innocence. someone who is going to be murdered via capital punishment is not innocent and i see no reason to waste my tax dollars for that person to live. just shoot them in the head and get it over with. (i know this isn't how it works and most people will tell you that it costs more to kill someone, well yes, but this is because the system is stupid) as for abortion. the child that should be born is innocent. there is no way to know if that child will grow up to be a murderer because you never gave them a chance. by the way, if you don't want to have a kid, don't have sex. that way you don't have to worry about having an abortion. people need to take responsibility for their lives. as for gay marriage. i could really care less.

So basically youre telling the libs that they should no longer kill unborn babies...but to fear not, you can kill them if they grow up and do something evil!

I'll sign up for that.

i see no reason to waste my tax dollars for that person to live. just shoot them in the head and get it over with. (i know this isn't how it works and most people will tell you that it costs more to kill someone, well yes, but this is because the system is stupid)

People, come on. There is nothing more valuable than a human life, and the best thing you can come up with is the issue of TAX DOLLARS as a reason to kill them? [-X

People, come on. There is nothing more valuable than a human life, and the best thing you can come up with is the issue of TAX DOLLARS as a reason to kill them? [-X

why should i pay for someone to live when they have already caused the world enough trouble. shoot them in the head and end it already.

Because sometimes the justice system f!cks up and "shoots someone" who was innocent.

that is very rare. there would have to be a lot of coincidences for someone to even get in that position, or a huge conspiracy. still doesn't change my opinion. i would rather kill the people and get it over with and not have to deal with them for the rest of their lives.

that is very rare. there would have to be a lot of coincidences for someone to even get in that position, or a huge conspiracy. still doesn't change my opinion. i would rather kill the people and get it over with and not have to deal with them for the rest of their lives.

How would you know it is rare? How do we ever know someone actually committed the crime for sure?

A jury of 12 convicting someone can be based on a lot of things; a great argument by the prosecution or a poor defense can result in a guilty verdict, but you must remember, humans make errors, and the system is entirely based on a system run by humans.

If a person does not have the money to defend himself or herself, they CAN BE and I am sure ARE convicted of crimes they did not commit. Therefore, how can we hold it against them that they cannot afford a good defense lawyer, and KILL THEM when there is even a CHANCE that they did not commit the crime they are accused of?

Note: I am FOR the death penalty, I am just playing some Devil's advocate here.

How would you know it is rare? How do we ever know someone actually committed the crime for sure?

A jury of 12 convicting someone can be based on a lot of things; a great argument by the prosecution or a poor defense can result in a guilty verdict, but you must remember, humans make errors, and the system is entirely based on a system run by humans.

If a person does not have the money to defend himself or herself, they CAN BE and I am sure ARE convicted of crimes they did not commit. Therefore, how can we hold it against them that they cannot afford a good defense lawyer, and KILL THEM when there is even a CHANCE that they did not commit the crime they are accused of?

Note: I am FOR the death penalty, I am just playing some Devil's advocate here.

I know, this is like beating a dead horse, but bear with me, I wanted to have a couple questions answered.

Personally, the way you framed your title and your post indicates to me that you don't want to hear a "justifiable" response in that you already have your opinion of those "conservatives" fully ingraned on your psyche.

I think you purposely posted this to:

a) get attention

B) pick a fight

c) look like something your not

d) all of the above

So in leiu of trying to explain what you already know, I will point out just ONE hypocrisy in your own post.

Typically, libs are for abortion and against the death penalty. So your view is to kill innocents and save a murderer. Sounds fair. :roll:

Next time you are looking for honest and fair thoughts on a topic. Ask the question without the inflammatory lanquage (ie Hypocrisy).

No further response or reply necessary to this post as it will not accomplish anything here on this forum. I will not comment or post on this topic any further as well.

Personally, the way you framed your title and your post indicates to me that you don't want to hear a "justifiable" response in that you already have your opinion of those "conservatives" fully ingraned on your psyche.

I think you purposely posted this to:

a) get attention

B) pick a fight

c) look like something your not

d) all of the above

So in leiu of trying to explain what you already know, I will point out just ONE hypocrisy in your own post.

Typically, libs are for abortion and against the death penalty. So your view is to kill innocents and save a murderer. Sounds fair. :roll:

Next time you are looking for honest and fair thoughts on a topic. Ask the question without the inflammatory lanquage (ie Hypocrisy).

No further response or reply necessary to this post as it will not accomplish anything here on this forum. I will not comment or post on this topic any further as well.

so if a child is innocent, which i know they are, why do people feel compelled to have them baptized right away? i have never understood that. shouldn't they make that decision on their own when they get a little older? just my opinion.

so if a child is innocent, which i know they are, why do people feel compelled to have them baptized right away? i have never understood that. shouldn't they make that decision on their own when they get a little older? just my opinion.

i dunno...ive always felt similar but then again im not religious at all and never have been even though i was baptised early and went to sunday school for a while.

i dunno...ive always felt similar but then again im not religious at all and never have been even though i was baptised early and went to sunday school for a while.

Archived