It's early, but...Yankee pitching...

Bugg

...has been awful. Yes, Martinez, Giambi and Bernie have all sucked and A-Rod isn't hitting the cover off the ball. But it seems like the old regime isn't doing such a good job managing the pitching again. It used to be you could make book on every Yankee pitcher getting STIKE ONE in there; no more. Now all of'em nibble. And with all the big checks written in the offseason, that better change soon. Torre and Stottelmyre likley aren't going anywhere, but this staff-relievers, starters except for Sturtze has sucked. They can forget the playoffs or doing anything if they get there if this doesn't get better.

johnson - no need to worry about

pavano - ill give him a few excuses after that head incident

mussina - eh, he'll be better as the year goes on

brown - wonder when hes actually coming back

wright - can we find somebody who can make it look like a suicide?

Let us not forget the once vaunted Yankee bullpen:

The Great Mariano: Joins Keith Foulke as Boston's OTHER closer. He could very well be done, if not close to it...and without him, You're going nowhere!

Flash Gordon: Finally figured out how to help the Red Sox win...pitch against them!

Felix Rodriguez: And you thought the other guy named Felix was a gascan.

Quantrill/Karsay/Stanton: Time machine, anyone? Between these three and F-Rod, you're talking $50 million on over-the-hill pitchers who will never see the light of day in a big game. Simply stunning!

Sturtze is the only half-way decent pitcher left

I think Bugg's opening line is correct, it's early. There are a lot of new parts and it is going to take some time to jel.

Anyone here think of Randy stays healthy that he won't be an ace?

Pavano really only had one bad outing and that was last night. I give him a pass because he should toughness.

Wright pitched well his last time out.

In the pen I am more worried about Flash than I am Mo.

Yankees by 18.

Archived