Houston and Coles ????

spjets

thanks SE..

great news for coles..i hope Houstons OK...he looked really good yesterday..

Agree, although I think it has a lot to do with the meshing the offensive line has begun to do in the run game. Might have something to do with Kendall being in there. But second half we were cutting through them.

Also, aside from very early on, anyone notice how great the pass protection was? From the upper tier I saw about 3 blitzes absolutely SWALLOWED up.

Agree, although I think it has a lot to do with the meshing the offensive line has begun to do in the run game. Might have something to do with Kendall being in there. But second half we were cutting through them.

Also, aside from very early on, anyone notice how great the pass protection was? From the upper tier I saw about 3 blitzes absolutely SWALLOWED up.

Not to rain on your parade, but it could have something to do with the fact the Colts suck against the run. 155 per game-3rd worst in the league, 4.8 per carry. That's despite being in lead all the time, so that teams had to throw. Good news is we still see Cleaveland, Oakland and Houston who aren't exactly the '85 Bears against the run.

Not to rain on your parade, but it could have something to do with the fact the Colts suck against the run. 155 per game-3rd worst in the league, 4.8 per carry. That's despite being in lead all the time, so that teams had to throw. Good news is we still see Cleaveland, Oakland and Houston who aren't exactly the '85 Bears against the run.

Well I haven't been kind to Houston in the past. Didn't think he was starting HB caliber. BUT -- compare what he did yesterday vs what Barlow did. Houston certainly had better results.

Did Houston see better holes? I will leave that to those that watch the game again to analyze.

Well I haven't been kind to Houston in the past. Didn't think he was starting HB caliber. BUT -- compare what he did yesterday vs what Barlow did. Houston certainly had better results.

Did Houston see better holes? I will leave that to those that watch the game again to analyze.

Houson does not neccessarily see the holes better, but he sure as heck hits them a lot quicker and harder. I'm on the Ced Houston bandwagon big time.

Notwithstanding Cedric's injury, I think both Barlow and Houston will get better and stronger as the season goes on.

Houston got off to a slow start in tc and was still very rusty from his rehab. Barlow also got off to a slow start and missed most of the Jets' tc. But the more they play, the more I see improvement from both of them. Barlow ran hard on his TD and finally shook the first tackler.

Cedric's injury is certainly a setback- I have the radio on and as soon as i hear about the nature of the injury, I'll post it.

I've been hard on Houston in the past too. Funny thing is I thought he was a steal in the draft. Both Houston and Cotchery seem better than I thought they'd be. Barlow showed flashes too. Weird thing was that after Houston had some success it looked like it energized Barlow (maybe the OL) and he had at least a couple of nice runs. The 2nd TD was nice. No matter how limited Houston might be, he is trying as hard as he can, which may be why he got hurt. Let's hope it's nothing serious so Blaylock isn't active.

Archived