Joey Harrington to start vs the Jets

80gonyjets51

We dont do all that well against big, physical QBs, like Leftsammich. Have you seen our tackling lately?

Culpecker is 265, Hairball is 220. Better off this way, as maybe our massive Godzilla-like DL will be able to take down the Detroit reject.

Honestly, I'd rather face Culpepper.

But, we can take down Joey, he shouldn't be a problem, but I think Miami has a better chance now with him at the helm.

You'd much rather face Culpepper.

Harrington had a great 1st half yesterday when he took a 3-step drop and threw short.

Then in the 2nd half, he took longer drops and the Pats were able to get some pressure on him and he wasn't as accurate.

Exactly. Force Hairball out of the pocket and he will mistakes. Culp is much stronger and physical and the Jets have problems with that.

I want to see what the Jets def CS gameplans this week, after having film of Joey boy against the Pats.

I'm telling ya, if they cant gameplan against the Mammals this week, then the problems are deeper than just not having the right personnel.

actually for some reason I think the Jets can confuse both of these qbs. My biggest concern is Ronnie Brown running for 400 yards

That won't happen. Our OL is doing a poor job in opening up lanes for Ronnie. Also, Mularkey calls a 2:1 (and greater) pass to run ratio. Against the worst run defense in the NFL (Texans), it was 3:1. He's been a real pill for us. I don't know why Saban doesn't pull him out of the booth by his Cahonies.

Harrington played a better game last week than he did while playing for Detroit. He has a better supporting cast and the offense fits him well. Still, he has the tendency to have a brain-fart every now and then and gift wrap the ball to the defense. He did this twice last week. One thing he does well is get rid of the ball ... and he has nice touch on all of his passes. He's not as accurate as Culpepper, but his passes are catchable.

I don't know how much the opposing QB matters at this point. If your defense is allowing roughly 5 YPC, no QB is going to have to make a lot of plays to beat you.

This is a game we can win. No doubt about that. I just don't know how this season is going to unfold since this defense is showing very little improvement from week to week. Teams just run at will.

Any team coming into a game against the Jets will look to run the ball right at us. Until we can show we can stop them this will continue. The idea for us is to force the Dolphins to win by using Harington to try and beat us.

Mularkey calls a 2:1 (and greater) pass to run ratio. Against the worst run defense in the NFL (Texans), it was 3:1. He's been a real pill for us. I don't know why Saban doesn't pull him out of the booth by his Cahonies

Dave, I agree, i said here last week that Mularky is among the Mammals' biggest problems so far this season.

Don't worry, I don't think we'll be running the ball. It might be effective!! Couple games this year Ronnie has averaged almost 5 yards per carry going into halftime, only to receive three ruching attempts in the 2nd half. Mularkey has a personal vendeta against Miami and the fans. He's here to make the fans suffer. Maybe it was the 20 point lead he blew against us last year when he was coaching the Bills??? I don't know. But he's not trying to help us win. He will call whatever plays are necessary to give us the lowest chance at winning. Having said that, we'll still win, 6-0.

but it still scares me if the Jets cannot stop the run any qb can be effective

Since when have my Dolphins ever been able to stop Pennington? Even with a screwed up arm he picked us apart early last year. I don't think the dolphins consider this a win in the least, but we will try to repeat whatever success the Jaguars had on you.

Since when have my Dolphins ever been able to stop Pennington? Even with a screwed up arm he picked us apart early last year. I don't think the dolphins consider this a win in the least, but we will try to repeat whatever success the Jaguars had on you.

The first part of that will be to get the Jags defense which you don't have.

Sorry. It is going to be a long day for Phin Fans and JOOOOOOOEEEEEEY!

BZ

The first part of that will be to get the Jags defense which you don't have.

Sorry. It is going to be a long day for Phin Fans and JOOOOOOOEEEEEEY!

BZ

The Dolphin def isnt the problem. The Jets are going to have an almost impossible time running. Its going to come down to Pennington finding Coles and Cotchery all day. What's favorable on that end is the Dolphins pass rush isn/t that good anymore so Pennington should get some time back there.

On the other side of the ball who knows what's going to happen. The dolphin offense is pathetic and so is the Jets defense. If one of the teams actually wins this battle that's going to determine the winner

The Dolphin def isnt the problem. The Jets are going to have an almost impossible time running. Its going to come down to Pennington finding Coles and Cotchery all day. What's favorable on that end is the Dolphins pass rush isn/t that good anymore so Pennington should get some time back there.

On the other side of the ball who knows what's going to happen. The dolphin offense is pathetic and so is the Jets defense. If one of the teams actually wins this battle that's going to determine the winner

Welcome to the site!

Archived