Leon holding his own!

CoachTsurfing

Leon Washington is having a pretty good year so far. He stacks up well against other rookie running backs. I'm not sure if he could be our full time RB or just a change of pace back like the Steelers use.

Rushing

Player

Team (draft status)

R

YDS

YPC

TD

Laurence Maroney

New England (1)

Joseph Addai

Indianapolis (1)

Jerious Norwood

Atlanta (3)

30 226

7.5 1

Leon Washington

New York Jets (4)

Reggie Bush

New Orleans (1)

65 195 3.0

Maurice Drew

Jacksonville (2)

DeAngelo Williams

Carolina (1)

Mike Bell

Denver (U)

I got the info from GBN.com if anyone wants to look at more of the rookies.

He's averaging 4.3 ypc, good stats for the guy. I picked him up and am starting him this week in fantasy vs Detroit's defense and because Thomas Jones is on a Bye. Give the ball to Leon (especially this week).

I think when houston gets in there sharing time they'll be even more explosive. leon keeps surprising me every time he touches the ball

Leon has looked great. Don't know if they're holding him back a little b/c he's a rookie with a rookie's experience at protecting the QB on pass plays or what. But that guy's looked damn good so far. Particularly so considering this team's run-blocking.

Leon has looked great. Don't know if they're holding him back a little b/c he's a rookie with a rookie's experience at protecting the QB on pass plays or what. But that guy's looked damn good so far. Particularly so considering this team's run-blocking.

I realize he's nowhere near tikki, but he reminds me a lot of him. small, close to the ground, you expect him to get tackled & he finds this burst to get thru & gain more yds.

you're right though. blocking skills & picking up blitzes is a concern with him & houston

Well, I think Leon's doing a great job. I just don't know how he would do if he was our main back. If Bush from Louisville comes out for this years draft, I think he would drop because of his broken leg. He is a big back with good speed and someone I would like to see in a jet uniform. If he comes back healthy. I would like to see a little thunder and lightening out of our backfield.

I realize he's nowhere near tikki, but he reminds me a lot of him. small, close to the ground, you expect him to get tackled & he finds this burst to get thru & gain more yds.

you're right though. blocking skills & picking up blitzes is a concern with him & houston

So far he reminds me of Tiki (and Dunn) a lot, too. They just have this explosion after they get the ball. It's not just straightaway speed; lots of RB's have that. And it's not just his cuts. It's both, and it's just a burst they have. Like their 4-yard dash instead of their 40-yard dash time.

So far he reminds me of Tiki (and Dunn) a lot, too. They just have this explosion after they get the ball. It's not just straightaway speed; lots of RB's have that. And it's not just his cuts. It's both, and it's just a burst they have. Like their 4-yard dash instead of their 40-yard dash time.

In Madden, it's called "acceleration"

I can agree with that assessment.

I'm watching some of it right now, and i just saw the play early in the fourth where he looks like he's going to get taken down in the backfield, but stays up and ends up getting a couple of yards. Nothing real big, but an impressive play imo.

After the bye week should be fairly interesting. That's when they are saying Curtis Martin will be back, and now Cedric Houston. That will give us:

Houston

Blaylock

Washington

Martin

Barlow

McNeil

and

Hector.

Ok I kid on the last two, but it will be interesting to see how Mangini and Schott decide what to do with all of them. How much will it cost to just cut Blaylock?

After the bye week should be fairly interesting. That's when they are saying Curtis Martin will be back, and now Cedric Houston. That will give us:

Houston

Blaylock

Washington

Martin

Barlow

McNeil

and

Hector.

Ok I kid on the last two, but it will be interesting to see how Mangini and Schott decide what to do with all of them. How much will it cost to just cut Blaylock?

If Martin returns it's either Barlow or Houston headed to the Inactive list with Blaylock or Blaylock, like you said, may just be cut.

Archived