Seymour might need surgery

bitonti

from_provider_globe.gif PATRIOTS NOTEBOOK

Seymour says injury was 'gruesome'

By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff | October 27, 2006

FOXBOROUGH -- Defensive lineman Richard Seymour was evasive regarding his left elbow injury yesterday, but felt "blessed and fortunate" his condition isn't worse.

"I couldn't even watch it again on film because it was pretty gruesome," he said before taking the practice field for the second straight day.

When Seymour did watch the second-quarter play against the Bills Sunday, what he saw was a handoff to running back Willis McGahee that went away from where he lined up. Seymour shed a block from rookie Aaron Merz but his feet appeared to get tangled with Merz's and he fell to the ground near where McGahee was being tackled.

Seymour attempted to break his fall by putting his left hand on the ground. At the same time, safety Rodney Harrison jumped into the pile of tacklers that brought down McGahee, but soared over them onto Seymour's arm, which was fully extended.

"It's unfortunate that you have friendly fire, but it's all part of the game," Harrison said. "You hate to see anyone dinged up, but Richard will be fine."

Seymour had X-rays taken after the game and later had an MRI. Asked yesterday if the injury would require surgery, he said, "I don't know a whole lot about it at this point. I had a little swelling. I'll know more as the week progresses."

On Monday, Seymour said the elbow was sore and stiff, which limited his movement. He wore a brace in Wednesday's practice and appeared to have the same brace on yesterday under his long-sleeve shirt.

"Obviously, whatever you wear, it kind of restricts you, but at the same time it protects you," he said. "I just have to listen to the trainers. It's not something I've ever had before, so I'm kind of feeling my way through it as well.

"We'll just see where it is and we'll take it day by day . . . I wish I could take a magical pill and be there, but we'll just see what happens as the week moves on. It's definitely not as stiff as it was Monday morning."

According to the Herald I think think he's well enough to play.

FOXBORO - Marquise Hill has been considered a bust since being selected in the second round of the 2004 draft out of LSU, but he

Archived