I miss Herm..

Verde

I miss the speaches and the soundbites.

In 5 years, I hope I don't miss the playoffs.

Mangini made a huge splash yesterday with that win.

GO JETS!

BZ

Those speeches were mildly entertaining and somewhat inspiring for the first few years and then it got REALLY old.

Those speeches were mildly entertaining and somewhat inspiring for the first few years and then it got REALLY old.

and the main and biggest difference VG is -and I'lll bring it up again until somebody agrees with me here is...take the Jacksonville and Cleveland losses and what Mangini did in those games-using them to get the running game on track and the defense together-and learning from those mistakes-and WINNING the next games-unheard of during the Edwards era

and the main and biggest difference VG is -and I'lll bring it up again until somebody agrees with me here is...take the Jacksonville and Cleveland losses and what Mangini did in those games-using them to get the running game on track and the defense together-and learning from those mistakes-and WINNING the next games-unheard of during the Edwards era

I think the biggest difference is it was a division game.

One of Belichick's mantras is winning division games.

I do not think you can underestimate that the Jets' players, inparticular the ones that had been getting their asses kicked for four years, wanted this game more. I think that was just one of the mantras he said over and over and over again.

Combine that, the gameplan and the Liston/Ali fight shown to the team on Saturday, the Jets were clearly a better coached team.

It's nice to actually have a game plan.

It's nice to make mid game adjustments, it's nice to use every player to their potential, it's nice to be agressive on O and D, it's nice to pull some tricks out of the sleeve, it's nice to manage the clock, it's nice to not give slouches free passes because they're vets...

I think the biggest difference is it was a division game.

One of Belichick's mantras is winning division games.

I do not think you can underestimate that the Jets' players, inparticular the ones that had been getting their asses kicked for four years, wanted this game more. I think that was just one of the mantras he said over and over and over again.

Combine that, the gameplan and the Liston/Ali fight shown to the team on Saturday, the Jets were clearly a better coached team.

I think the defense especially was finally getting it-I mean this was a team that could NOT get off the field last year PF-I mean these guys were programmed for failure.This was a completely different defensive team than we've seen in at least 2 years-under Herm

The D played great ....gotta love all the blitzing, I know it is a gamble ...but how much fun is it watching Brady get hammered and have to drag himself off the turf out of the mud, it was like christmas come early to see Cindy sitting in the mud as the Jets celebrate victory in the pats house .

:yahoo::beer_Orcish:

I did not hear what Harrison said. Seymour however dropped some bombs and called Mangini by his first name.

That may be the biggest story out of this game.

Under this type of regime, that amounts to a major insurection.

Not only did the Jets players rally around their Coach, but it seems that some of the Pats players didn't like it much either.

Saying Lil Bill was out coached, and foundly calling Mangini Eric, couldn't be more of a slap in Lil Bills face.

Going to be interesting to see how the Pats react to this against Green Bay

I did not hear what Harrison said. Seymour however dropped some bombs and called Mangini by his first name.

Perhaps I was mistaken.. maybe it was RS.

In any event.. these negative comments probably don't bode well in an organization that prides itself on unity.

Perhaps I was mistaken.. maybe it was RS.

In any event.. these negative comments probably don't bode well in an organization that prides itself on unity.

True.

I think the team unity was always a little overblown.

Any team, even the most harmonious that are going to have clicks. The Patriots are no different. I doubt Ty's attitude when he blasted Belichick in 2004 was something new.

Maybe, the Patriots are just alot better at covering it up.

Here is a piece of Herm's press conference after yesterday;s game (no fooling) as watched on the NFL channel:

"Well you saw what happens..you know you got to do what you got to do, you know we've got to play hard and I don't think we accomplished that today. You know, we got to play better. You know, well somethings , you know blocking and things like that. And taking the routes better, but in the end you saw what you saw out there. So that's all I've got to say, since we played the way we played and got out played in doing it..."

I guess Yogi would have been proud.

Archived