Nick Mangold

DireJet38

This guy has exceeed beyond expectations.

He man handled Wilfork at the point of attack yesterday with an impressive push.

He is making all the calls at the line, and he is ONLY A KID, 22 YEARS OLD.

I am jaw droppingly impressed with his calm under pressure.

How good can this kid get?

Perennial pro bowl good?

Thoughts?

It was a question, merely a question, not a statement.

You know you are impressed with him, it's alright, you can tuck your boner in your sweats.

I've said it from the beginning of the season, Mangold have played very consistent and extremely well.

He had a monster game against the Pats yesterday.

He has definitley outplayed the overall #4 pick in the draft.

holly_mangold.jpg

Yea, that's Mangold's younger sister, incredible.

Playing the line is really in the Mangold blood.

===============================================================================================

Mangold’s sister following in his footsteps

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (AP) - When Jets center Nick Mangold started playing football in third grade, he developed his own little fan club.

Baby sister Holley idolized him. She got dragged to watch him practice and play in games. She used to play a little game with Nick at home, too. Nick would get down on his knees and then tell Holley and their other sister, Kelley, to tackle him.

Holley loved every second of it. She loved the hitting and tackling. Then she thought, “I want to play football, too.” It hardly mattered that she was a little girl, and wanted to play offensive line - practically unheard of for women getting involved in such a physical, violent game.

Jets center Nick Mangold isn’t the only football player in the family. His 15-year-old sister, Holley, is an offensive lineman for Kettering Alter High School’s junior varsity squad. (The Columbus Dispatch / Tim Revell / Special to FOXSports.com)

Their dad, Vern, was also against the idea. He admits, “I was old school. I didn’t think girls should play football.” Finally, mom Therese convinced Vern to let Holley play. She started in second grade and has followed in the same footsteps as her big brother, going into her junior year at Archbishop Alter High in Kettering, Ohio, with a chance to start at guard on the varsity team

He has, but protection for Chad has never been better...so I see no reason to dampen D'brick, which was a logical pick at #4.

PennyBoy had great pass protection all around yesterday.

Think back to the games when the pass protection wasn't that good.

Where did that pressure usually come from?

Not from up the middle.;)

Center is a tough position to break in to a pro bowl because the voters seem to like to vote guys in there for a decade after they make it in the first time. So "perennial" is not too far fetched if he makes it in once. On the other hand we prefer him to play at a pro bowl level and be stiffed in the voting every year. Will make him easier to resign.

Mangold was a great pickup and the only part of not getting Maroney that makes not getting Maroney palatable for me.

With the Redskins pick looking better and better that draft is still looking awesome for us.

Now if only Schlegel....

I was so worried that he was seriously hurt. Does anyone know what that was all about. On TV it looked like they were checking out his eyes. ( It was so loud in the bar I was watching in that we couldn't hear what they were saying about it.)

Looked like he got his bell rung.

I think they were waving amonia capsules under his nose when he was on the bench.

Archived