Message from a Bears Fan

LoyalBearsFan65

Welcome to all Bears fans except the one who started the poetry thread with his purple or whatever color he was trying to get font.;)

Should be a good game / defensive battle if the Jets defense plays Chicago like they played New England.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you have such a great defense why'd you lose to the lowly dolphins HUH?

Because we contantly gave them a short field due to dumb ass turnovers. I think they farthest they ever had to drive for a TD was 34 yards!!! They mounted 1 drive on us that entire game and it was their very last drive. We played bad, plain and simple. From watching the games we've played this season, we only lose when we beat ourselves.

If you have such a great defense why'd you lose to the lowly dolphins HUH?

I know I know, this is a Jets vs Bears brawl going on but I just had to chime in.

But the 'lowly' Dolphins??? Are you kidding me? The 'lowly' Dolphins??!!! The Dolphins scored at will against the Bears because we are simply the superior team. We're one of the best teams, if not THE best team in the NFL at this time. That's why.......it was nothing against the Bears, although overrated. We were simply far superior.

I know I know, this is a Jets vs Bears brawl going on but I just had to chime in.

But the 'lowly' Dolphins??? Are you kidding me? The 'lowly' Dolphins??!!! The Dolphins scored at will against the Bears because we are simply the superior team. We're one of the best teams, if not THE best team in the NFL at this time. That's why.......it was nothing against the Bears, although overrated. We were simply far superior.

damn did you get some good drugs from Ricky?

Because we contantly gave them a short field due to dumb ass turnovers. I think they farthest they ever had to drive for a TD was 34 yards!!! They mounted 1 drive on us that entire game and it was their very last drive. We played bad, plain and simple. From watching the games we've played this season, we only lose when we beat ourselves.

No, you didn't beat yourselves, we massacred you. We pressured Grossman all day long and manandled you clowns on both sides of the ball. Grossman had what, a QB rating of 5.2???? We kicked the shizzle out of you clowns. I thought you guys would at least put up a fight. When you play a team with talent, you guys don't do anything. The NFC is a joke. If you were in the AFC, you'd be 4-5...that's a fact. I'm sure you're used to early exits in the playoffs anyway so this year won't be a disappointment.

No, you didn't beat yourselves, we massacred you. We pressured Grossman all day long and manandled you clowns on both sides of the ball. Grossman had what, a QB rating of 5.2???? We kicked the shizzle out of you clowns. I thought you guys would at least put up a fight. When you play a team with talent, you guys don't do anything. The NFC is a joke. If you were in the AFC, you'd be 4-5...that's a fact. I'm sure you're used to early exits in the playoffs anyway so this year won't be a disappointment.

I say again....did you get some good drugs from Ricky?

We have tons of talent in our recievers, Berrian, Muhammed, Bradley, Clark, Davis....thats a crap load of talent right there.

no smack intended, but your WRs are not as good as the Jets WRs,,

seriously, thats not a real strong WR unit you have there. If thats what you are hanging your hat on you may be in trouble.

Coles, Cotchery, McCariens, Brad Lewis and Tim Dwight are better than your corps.

no smack intended, but your WRs are not as good as the Jets WRs,,

seriously, thats not a real strong WR unit you have there. If thats what you are hanging your hat on you may be in trouble.

Coles, Cotchery, McCariens, Brad Lewis and Tim Dwight are better than your corps.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose. Lets just agree to disagree!

Any team can have an week that's an anamoly. While I understand your point, that game was sort of a perfect storm. The Bears didn't show up at all and the Fish actually DID. It left everyone on both sides of the ball (except jason Taylor of course) scratching their heads.

you almost had another anomoly against THE lowly team of the nfl two weeks prior when you beat the cards by 1 Yes the bears have a great defense I'll give you that ,but I dont see Rex boy standing up to the pressures of a playoff game If you dont think its pressure just ask Peyton manning!

Yes, lowly... and consistantly lowly. The Dolphins had a great game against the Bears. They played UP TO THE COMPETITION that week. The Bears, on the other hand, played a horrible game. The Fish fought hard for the win and the Bears help hand that win to you. The fish are not the best NFL team in ANY category! Let's not get crazy here. The word superior cannot be used to describe the fish in any good light.

you almost had another anomoly against THE lowly team of the nfl two weeks prior when you beat the cards by 1 Yes the bears have a great defense I'll give you that ,but I dont see Rex boy standing up to the pressures of a playoff game If you dont think its pressure just ask Peyton manning!

I'm a Jets fan through and through. I was only commenting on the Chicago/Miami game... not defending either team necessarily.

... i think this might be the best defense the Jets have had to face in a long time..

Do you think the Jets are ready for such a stout defense?

No.

;)

Welcome to all the Chi-visitors!!

The Jets will beat da Bears.

I may have mentioned that previously.

:getgreen:

Crack Kills!

"Almost" means absolutely nothing in the NFL. Chicago Bears are young and fairly new to success, and have ways to go before really understanding how to handle it throughout a lengthy season. Destroying teams, week after week makes keeping the focus even harder. As for the playoffs and how Rex will respond, lets worry about that when the playoffs come around or at least when we are about to face a playoff bound team.

DW does have a good point.

If the Bears were in the AFC they would be 4-5 at best.

The NFC is a complete joke.

Here are results of Head to Head games between the two conferences so far this season.

Overall Records H2H:

AFC 22 Wins (56.4%)

NFC 17 Wins (43.6%)

Week 1: NFC 3 Wins / AFC 3 Wins

Philadelphia Eagles @ Houston Texans

New Orleans Saints @ Cleveland Browns

Denver Broncos @ St Louis Rams

Baltimore Ravens @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Dallas Cowboys @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Indianapolis Colts @ New York Giants

Week 2: 0 H2H matchups between the 2 conferences this week...

Week 3: NFC 1 Win/AFC 0 Wins

Houston @ Washington

Week 4 NFC 2 Wins/AFC 2 Wins

San Fran @ KC

Minn @ Buff

Dal @ Tenn

Jax @ Wash

Week 5 NFC 3 wins/ AFC 1 win

Buffalo @ Chicago

Cleveland @ Carolina

Oakland @ SF

KC @ Arizona

Week 6 NFC 4 wins / AFC 2 wins

Buffalo @ Detroit

Cincy @ TB

San Diego @ SF

Tenn @ Wash

Houston @ Dallas

Carolina @ B-More

Week 7 AFC 4 wins / NFC 2 wins

Carolina vs Cincinnati

Pitt vs Atlanta

GB vs Miami

Detroit vs NY Jets

Wash vs Indy

Arizona vs Oakland

Week 8: AFC 5 Wins / NFC 1 Win

Seattle @ Kansas City

Jax @ Philly

B-More @ New Orleans

Atlanta @ Cincinnati

St. Louis @ San Diego

New England @ Minnesota

Week 9 AFC 3 Wins / NFC 2 Wins

KC @ St Louis

Miami @ Chicago

Houston @ NY Giants

Green Bay @ Buffalo

Oakland @ Seattle

Week 10AFC 2 Wins / NFC 0 Wins

Cleveland @ Atlanta

New Orleans @ Pittsburgh

AFC has won 56% of the games so far in 2006, hardly a domination by any account. The only difference here is that AFC has more crappy teams for better teams to beat up on. Saying NFC is a complete joke tells me you don't really know much about today's NFL.

(H2H data copied from KFFL.com thread titled AFC vs. NFC in general forums)

Stats can be misleading. Here's a better breakdown:

Of AFC teams with a record of .500 or better against the NFC:

14-3

Of NFC teams with a record of .500 or better against the AFC:

11-9

That is dominance. I guess being a Bears fan you are still confused about this, but when you're discussing good teams playing good teams, you look to how those teams do against quality opponents, not against bottom feeders. Nobody from the AFC cares how the Arizona Cardinals did against the AFC, we care about how the Bears, the class of the NFC, did. You guys are 1-1 so far. Likewise, we really don't care that the Houston Texans are dragging down the AFC total record against the NFC. You're not going to be playing the Houston Texans in the Super Bowl, and none of the AFC playoff teams is going to play them in the playoffs. They're obviously weaker than the playoff teams. Compare playoff teams to playoff teams, and you see a clear indication of AFC dominance. That is because the AFC is just better, our good teams are better than the NFC's good teams. I also think our worst teams are still better than your worst teams, but I think the lower-mid level is probably better in the NFC.

14-3

11-9

That is dominance. I guess being a Bears fan you are still confused about this, but when you're discussing good teams playing good teams, you look to how those teams do against quality opponents, not against bottom feeders. Nobody from the AFC cares how the Arizona Cardinals did against the AFC, we care about how the Bears, the class of the NFC, did. You guys are 1-1 so far. Likewise, we really don't care that the Houston Texans are dragging down the AFC total record against the NFC. You're not going to be playing the Houston Texans in the Super Bowl, and none of the AFC playoff teams is going to play them in the playoffs. They're obviously weaker than the playoff teams. Compare playoff teams to playoff teams, and you see a clear indication of AFC dominance. That is because the AFC is just better, our good teams are better than the NFC's good teams. I also think our worst teams are still better than your worst teams, but I think the lower-mid level is probably better in the NFC.

Damn, serphnx just came up with a gem.:yahoo:

Actually....

Grossman "stood up" extremely well in the Play-Off game last year against the Panthers.

He stayed right on Delhommes heels all the way through the game.

Delhomme would score, Rex would score. Delhomme would score, and REX would come back like the Guns Of Hell...right in his face.

Grossman was awesome in that game.

It was a COACHING F-UP that blew the hell out of that game. NOT the QB.

Lovie, though I'm really happy with him, should have been made to give back that COTY title that he so blew the living dog-sh*t out of.

...and Rivera too! Jet setting arround the country, trying to answer the call of Head Coaching Offers.

I can't even tell you how PISSED OFF I was at these guys.

It wasn't "the team", Mawaeman. It was the COACHING that screwed CHICAGO in the Play-Offs.

Trust me. If/When we get there....REX wont be intimidated.

Oh, and just in case....though, admittedly he hasn't done jack, I seriously doubt that Griese would be, either.

But, my moneys on Grossman.

...and, so is VEGAS, BTW.

We'll see.

GO BEARS!!!!

14-3

11-9

My response was to a post that stated "NFC is a complete joke" which I proved untrue. If you really believe in AFC dominance, you are stuck in the past. If AFC's crappy teams are better than NFC's, why would including all teams in Head-to-Head comparison make the results so much closer? You do make a couple of valid points, about AFC having more powerhouse teams that will rank high in power rank polls, but this also means that there are more crappy teams in AFC, since the Head-to_head results are so close. As I stated before, let's worry about the playoffs and playoff teams, when we get there or at least when two playoff bound teams meet. THis week we are playing the Jets.

If AFC's crappy teams are better than NFC's, why would including all teams in Head-to-Head comparison make the results so much closer?

Who the hell cares about crappy teams whether they are in the AFC or NFC.

The bottom line is, the top 5 AFC teams are far superior than the top 5 NFC teams.

And it isn't even close.

Who the hell cares about crappy teams whether they are in the AFC or NFC.

The bottom line is, the top 5 AFC teams are far superior than the top 5 NFC teams.

And it isn't even close.

I agree 100%. What I disagree with is "NFC is a complete joke" or"AFC's crappy teams are still better than NFC's" type statements which are completely untrue. Let's not forget that only 1 AFC and 1 NFC team makes it to the SB, and when the game begins it's still 0-0.

My response was to a post that stated "NFC is a complete joke" which I proved untrue. If you really believe in AFC dominance, you are stuck in the past. If AFC's crappy teams are better than NFC's, why would including all teams in Head-to-Head comparison make the results so much closer? You do make a couple of valid points, about AFC having more powerhouse teams that will rank high in power rank polls, but this also means that there are more crappy teams in AFC, since the Head-to_head results are so close. As I stated before, let's worry about the playoffs and playoff teams, when we get there or at least when two playoff bound teams meet. THis week we are playing the Jets.

Well, to put it bluntly, the Cardinals are probably the worst team in the league, that's why I said the crappiest AFC teams are probably better than the crappiest NFC teams. I did say that the mid-to-low teams in the NFC are probably better than their counterparts in the AFC. When I say the AFC is more dominant, I'm obviously referring to the best teams. We don't have a playoffs for the weak teams in the league. That is why I said the Bears are the best of the NFC, but we don't really know what that means. Are they as good as the AFC powerhouses? Are they better? Are they weaker? It's hard to know. Odds are that they aren't stronger, but the debate is on for if they are on the same level or weaker.

I agree with the other statements in general. That has been my view all along. That's why I'm looking forward to the game on Sunday. It's going to answer a lot of questions for both teams. Those questions really can't be answered with talk, but we will have our answers after the game.

Well, to put it bluntly, the Cardinals are probably the worst team in the league, that's why I said the crappiest AFC teams are probably better than the crappiest NFC teams. I did say that the mid-to-low teams in the NFC are probably better than their counterparts in the AFC. When I say the AFC is more dominant, I'm obviously referring to the best teams. We don't have a playoffs for the weak teams in the league. That is why I said the Bears are the best of the NFC, but we don't really know what that means. Are they as good as the AFC powerhouses? Are they better? Are they weaker? It's hard to know. Odds are that they aren't stronger, but the debate is on for if they are on the same level or weaker.

I agree with the other statements in general. That has been my view all along. That's why I'm looking forward to the game on Sunday. It's going to answer a lot of questions for both teams. Those questions really can't be answered with talk, but we will have our answers after the game.

Sounds good. Looking forward to discussing post-game comments.

Tragic,

That was a comment that I made.

Every so often, I'll make a slightly sarcastic remark.

That was one of them.

So you forgot to use the <sarcasm off> button?

It's all good, I just believe that both conferences as a whole are much closer when it comes to talent level than they were a few years ago. NFC has much more parity, while AFC has mostly powerhouse or crappy teams.

Archived