Message from a Bears Fan

LoyalBearsFan65

Greetings, Jets....

Lot of talk about the key to beating us being all about putting pressure on Rex. I think you're going to have to step up your run defense to stay in it this Sunday, is my take. You're struggling there, and TJ is getting better every week.

About Rex...he really learned a lot about himself these past two weeks, and I think he's only going to get better.

Before the Miami game, I posted on the Fins board that I was sure Chicago wasn't underestimating Miami. Obviously, I was *ahem* WRONG about that one. Crimminy. I wasn't sure we were even on the field for parts of that game.

But I think we're awake now. I will say too that all indications thus far are that we are a second half team. Don't rush to judgement during the 1st or 2nd quarter. Looks like we take a little while to get our legs under us.

Sidenote: I was trapped by the weather in a catholic school basement the day Joe Namath and Matt Snell dismantled the Colts. I have never forgotten that game - we got to watch the entire thing, and it left an impression.

Pennington is looking good, and I think he's a class act in the league. Just my opinion.

Good luck Sunday - here's to a healthy finish for both teams.

I offer my condolences in advance for your loss however. It will be tough to take after your imopressive victory over the Brady Bunch last Sunday.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't kid yourself Bears Fan

Jets are playing well.......This week will make the Giants game look like a game of kickball

And remember, Chicago will always be 2nd class to NY, better than Boston, but that isn't saying much

There is no doubt, Jets are playing well. Giants game was a statement game for Chicago, with conference title implications. Before you turn to the overused and no longer as valid, NFC is weak argument, remember that in order to get to the big dance, you still need to win your conference. I'll try to be as objective as I can, when I tell you Bears have much, much better chance of winning their conference than Jets winning AFC. Perhaps beating helpless Patriots is a step in the right direction for you, but I'd almost be willing to bet money on Jets not winning the AFC conference, and I don't gamble.

Chicago 2nd class? This is coming from someone that has his team share a stadium with another pro-team, since they can't do any better? LOL. C'mon now. The way we are mishandling NY teams in that place, it's starting to feel like home. Oh, BTW the Bears have never lost in MeadowLands.

Greeting to all you Bear fans- we like to get different perspectives from other fans here at jetnation

Bears beat the Giants- thanks for that but we are coming off our best performance in 2 years and the place will be rocking on Sunday.

gotta say this, these bears fans are the best yet. usually teams with very recent success have ****y fans who don't know how to act, but you guys act like you've been winning all along

I just hope you remain as cool after we whip yer young asses on sunday :) :) :)

I agree we gotta shut down jones before we can rattle rex but I do think we have a legit shot at this game.

best of luck & wish us all an injury free affair...go jets

Have to admit that stopping the run game for us has been tough,But the key to this game will have to come down to (Hex) Grossman. If we rattle him enough ,I think this game is ours ,But if the (hears) start to get the run game going it will be a long day for us .

P.S. To all the Hears fans on jetnation Welcome

I'd rather have you guys here then Gaytriot fans

the pubic bears suck, grossman is bi polar and benson is a crying pothead

I'll tell you I had never seen a post-just-got-drafted interview like the one I heard the day Benson got picked by Chicago-he likened the NFL draft to African slaves being sold on the aution block in the mid 1800's-weird

It's pretty simple. You have 2 QB's that are far from consistant

Grossman shows up, Chad shows up - Bears win in a close one.

Chad shows up strong, Grossman doesn't - Jets win.

Grossman shows up, Chad re-lives Jax/Cleveland - Bears win big.

That said:

In the Bears last 4 games, Grossman was ZERO effective in AZ, won big over SF who is 2nd to last in the NFL in letting up TD passes, was AWOL in the buggering delivered by the Phish, and showed up in the 2nd half against the Giant's after the run game got sparked.

Chad's best game out of the last 4 was Sunday and he was good enough to win. He stunk up the field in Cleveland, had ok numbers against Detroit but let Leon become the offense, and Lav C saved his bacon against the Phish.

Vegas is sweating this one.

It's pretty simple. You have 2 QB's that are far from consistant

Grossman shows up, Chad shows up - Bears win in a close one.

Chad shows up strong, Grossman doesn't - Jets win.

Grossman shows up, Chad re-lives Jax/Cleveland - Bears win big.

That said:

In the Bears last 4 games, Grossman was ZERO effective in AZ, won big over SF who is 2nd to last in the NFL in letting up TD passes, was AWOL in the buggering delivered by the Phish, and showed up in the 2nd half against the Giant's after the run game got sparked.

Chad's best game out of the last 4 was Sunday and he was good enough to win. He stunk up the field in Cleveland, had ok numbers against Detroit but let Leon become the offense, and Lav C saved his bacon against the Phish.

Vegas is sweating this one.

You guys will be catching Rex on an upswing in his learning curve. I won't claim he's already at 90 percent, but he is on the upswing. Watch then breakdown the games, cumulatively, and it's clear that he is. I don't think the few games referenced paint the whole picture, anymore than Pennington can be judged soley on either his Pats or Browns performances.

But, again, I think the running attack will be what you are going to have to try and stop. That's where they'll attack you, and I think they will try to do so early, and often, as the cliche goes.

Sidenote on Beson: A lot of us over on the Bears side of the fence have been less than impressed with his attitude since last year. Many of us are STILL watching and waiting to see if he ever does or says anything to indicate he's even happy to be on the team. Jury is still out, but we aren't used to having players who seem so disconnected from the team, and we don't like it much. That said, if he ever does "make ammends", we are also a pretty forgiving bunch.

Further, I saw an interview with Mangini, and was impressed. You guys have a good coach. I never knew much about him before, other than that he left the Pats and was happy to do so. Seems like a solid guy.

Last, here's one for us to chew: If you could trade ONE offensive player from the Jets for ONE offensive player from the Bears, JUST for this game, who would it be, both sides?

Greeting Jet fans!

It seems like I finally found a team that has boards were the members aren't complete a-holes to visiting teams members!!

Now lets talk some football. In reality the only way you guys can win this game is to pressure Grossman, and even if you do I still see you having a very difficult time with us. We have tons of talent in our recievers, Berrian, Muhammed, Bradley, Clark, Davis....thats a crap load of talent right there. Also with that pressure you're gonna have to deal with a running back in Jones that has been getting better every week.

I look forward to coming back and reading your boards through out the week and trying to gain you perspective on the upcoming game.

My prediction

Bears 38

Jets 9

I agree with most of the posts except i think this might be the best defense the Jets have had to face in a long time.. Even back to the middle of last year.. So how would you guys address that? and Do you think the Jets are ready for such a stout defense?

Greeting Jet fans!

It seems like I finally found a team that has boards were the members aren't complete a-holes to visiting teams members!!

My prediction

Bears 38

Jets 9

Wow you all know i have to agree with that one,. that other Jets site was a train wreck of crack heads. Props to Jetnation and the intelligent folks here. My prediction is Bears will win this game 30-13.

Great site guys...

I agree with most of the posts except i think this might be the best defense the Jets have had to face in a long time.. Even back to the middle of last year.. So how would you guys address that? and Do you think the Jets are ready for such a stout defense?

If you have such a great defense why'd you lose to the lowly dolphins HUH?

We have tons of talent in our recievers, Berrian, Muhammed, Bradley, Clark, Davis....thats a crap load of talent right there.

While I think you're overrating your WR talent a bit, it doesn't take much to pick apart Justin Miller on the right. It's what every team has successfully done week after week.

If you have such a great defense why'd you lose to the lowly dolphins HUH?

Any team can have an week that's an anamoly. While I understand your point, that game was sort of a perfect storm. The Bears didn't show up at all and the Fish actually DID. It left everyone on both sides of the ball (except jason Taylor of course) scratching their heads.

Archived